BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Risk hasnt paid off and they are left with a massive wage bill, ageing squad which Bruce has helped to build and you mention how much they need to raise, whose sellable bar Grealish?

Regardless, the size of the club means they can do a lot better than McDonald. Could be a good job for Big Sam.

Hogan, Lansbury, Kodija, Taylor. 

Why would Big Sam take over at Villa when they no money to spend, having to develop youth players and club going one way. Down..

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

No money to spend, club in crisis, turmoil off the field, ageing squad, fans up in arms, morale low. Perfect for Sam.  

Not perfect for Sam. From his comments in the past year sounds fed up keep doing the same job time after time. Probably why the Everton appeal to him, challenge for top 6 this season but was sacked recently

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hogan, Lansbury, Kodija, Taylor. 

Why would Big Sam take over at Villa when they no money to spend, having to develop youth players and club going one way. Down..

Not perfect for Sam. From his comments in the past year sounds fed up keep doing the same job time after time. Probably why the Everton appeal to him, challenge for top 6 this season but was sacked recently

Taylor, the same player who has at times struggled with injuries, and even when not, hes failed to dislodge an out of position and at one point unwanted Alan Hutton?

Lansbury, who is again nowhere near the first team?

Kodija whose spent most of the season injured?

Hogan, who has badly struggled for goals and as a result, starts?

Form an orderly queue.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Taylor, the same player who has at times struggled with injuries, and even when not, hes failed to dislodge an out of position and at one point unwanted Alan Hutton?

Lansbury, who is again nowhere near the first team?

Kodija whose spent most of the season injured?

Hogan, who has badly struggled for goals and as a result, starts?

Form an orderly queue.

I would take Lansbury and Hogan here for sure. We should Hogan before he went to Brentford. 

When he took over he claimed that Villa would be as big as Real Madrid and winning the Champions League within 5 years. Remind you of anything?

Sounds like the guy does not have as much money as he made out and took a huge gamble on promotion.

if they think they will be getting top dollar for their players like 30 mil for Grealish, they are in for a big surprise their too, clubs know their situation and that they have to sell.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

When he took over he claimed that Villa would be as big as Real Madrid and winning the Champions League within 5 years. Remind you of anything?

Sounds like the guy does not have as much money as he made out and took a huge gamble on promotion.

if they think they will be getting top dollar for their players like 30 mil for Grealish, they are in for a big surprise their too, clubs know their situation and that they have to sell.

Plenty of "sold for an undisclosed fee" lines to come out of Villa this summer. Followed by tip offs to Sky/Red Top rags of figures double the amount players were actually sold for.

It's a shame that football is going this way, foreign owners buying clubs and promising the world but are only really interested in making cash for themselves by being in the premier league. When their plan fails, they just down tools and walk away leaving the club as a complete wreckage.

• Like 2

Sky are going for the Villa in administration a real possibility angle: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11396171/aston-villa-up-for-sale-as-struggling-club-faces-winding-up-order

A huge investment in players' wages plus more than £70m in transfers in just two seasons leaves the club facing an HMRC winding-up order, with the prospect of administration a real possibility.

• Backroom

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

Not too dissimilar to how Venky's have been running us tbh. As soon as their money stops coming in (as it appeared to the season before last) we're @#/?ed and end up using emergency loans to cover the costs. Still not entirely sure what was going on there as they appeared to continue funding us again shortly afterwards. 

Sounds like Villa could be in huge trouble next season if Xia doesn't sell the club or begin funding them again.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

Not too dissimilar to how Venky's have been running us tbh. As soon as their money stops coming in (as it appeared to the season before last) we're @#/?ed and end up using emergency loans to cover the costs. Still not entirely sure what was going on there as they appeared to continue funding us again shortly afterwards. 

Sounds like Villa could be in huge trouble next season if Xia doesn't sell the club or begin funding them again.

So Dr Pepper was actually a spoofer at the back of it all. A big fella when they were a Premier league club and when parachute payments were going, but disappears when the chips are down. I don't actually feel sorry for Villa fans, an arrogant bunch. Well the Irish supporters club anyway. It's funny how some of our fans wanted us to go the same route so that Venkys would leave, well I would hope they sit back and take note of what fate awaits Villa. A 12 points deduction looks likely as a starting point 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They will sell Grealish, Chester and kodija, that will probably do it. If we were punished, they deserve to be too imo 

Those three for 70 mil - no chance - it will be half that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They will sell Grealish, Chester and kodija, that will probably do it. If we were punished, they deserve to be too imo 

They’re in no position to charge that kind of money for their players, every buying club knows they have to sell. Villa currently have the weakest negotiating position possible. Hopefully Rovers are sniffing around a couple of their players. I have always rated Jedinak but I’m guessing he’s way out of our league.

33 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Those three for 70 mil - no chance - it will be half that.

Just now, RV Blue said:

They’re in no position to charge that kind of money for their players, every buying club knows they have to sell. Villa currently have the weakest negotiating position possible. Hopefully Rovers are sniffing around a couple of their players. I have always rated Jedinak but I’m guessing he’s way out of our league.

Plus the wages off the book

I just can't see them going into administration. I see some deal being struck 

I'd say most of their players are on wages that put them out of our reach. Alan Hutton would be great competition for Nyambe. If Fielding doesn't work out, we could do worse than bring Bunn back 

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plus the wages off the book

I just can't see them going into administration. I see some deal being struck 

I'd say most of their players are on wages that put them out of our reach. Alan Hutton would be great competition for Nyambe. If Fielding doesn't work out, we could do worse than bring Bunn back 

Bunn would be a really good signing. Although google says he's on an eye watering £17,500 a week.

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And therein lies Villa’s problem in ‘clearing the wage bill’,  a hell of a lot of average footballers on money no non PL club could possibly match (or even want to).

I think it sums up lots of clubs Matty. Vastly overpriced and overpaid players which ultimately drives the cost of transfer fees and wages up for everybody. And relative to League One wages and transfer fees we were as bad last season.