BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom

Says more about WBA than Bolton imo. Still think we'll finish above them, but expect Preston and Wigan to end the season a few places higher than us. Wigan have a less cowardly attitude when it comes to maintaining a lead and Preston are unfortunately just a better overall unit. We like to pretend it's just good luck or other teams making silly mistakes against them, but the reality is they're just a decent, gritty Championship team. Not too dissimilar to us under GB in the first couple of seasons. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

By the way, we were the only Lancashire club in the championship NOT TO WIN!!!

Can you frigging believe it? 3 great results for Wigan, Preston and especially Bolton.

Yep, posted yesterday. 

I’m not convinced West Brom will be all that but Bolton got a good three points away. Especially playing with 10 men. (Wonder if he will have a Kevin Davies experience there...)

Wigan conceded two at home so did well to get three themselves.

Preston got the perfect “manager’s result”.

All in all, it’s a better division to be a part of. There will be more frustrations like yesterday I’m sure but - after the lows and highs of the last two seasons - a midtable season, non-relegation battle, season would be very welcome.

15 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

So from reading elsewhere it is a EFL restriction on the colours apparenty (six available), what a bunch of tossers.

Knowing that the awful number colouring is down to the EFL is strangely pleasing as I had been mentally blasting Waggott & Co.

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yep, posted yesterday. 

I’m not convinced West Brom will be all that but Bolton got a good three points away. Especially playing with 10 men. (Wonder if he will have a Kevin Davies experience there...)

Wigan conceded two at home so did well to get three themselves.

Preston got the perfect “manager’s result”.

All in all, it’s a better division to be a part of. There will be more frustrations like yesterday I’m sure but - after the lows and highs of the last two seasons - a midtable season, non-relegation battle, season would be very welcome.

Sorry mate, didn't see it.

• Moderation Lead
57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I mean, fundamentally, he’s right. But, that’s the kind of thing you should say in private, not to their faces!! ?

Watched 3 games so far, none of the 5 sides (aside from Rovers) have stood out and made me think they will be a force but I suppose its early days.

Derby full of match winners, many of whom were really quiet, but I felt that Lampard was naive trying to get them to play out from the back, its all well and good having ideals on how you want to play but you have to adjust to suit your players, the likes of Davies and Keogh arent good enough to play out from the back.

Reading will be near the bottom, Barrow was a big threat for them but not convinced they have enough goals in them. Poor manager too.

Sheffield United are one of those teams who are settled and I think will be mid table but they werent very impressive.

Swanseas team lacked quality, McKay was good but are him, Celina, Asoro and McBurnie really a promotion chasing attack? Not so sure. Montero is a good player though he should be starting games.

Ipswich aside from Edwards who we should have signed were decidedly average. Will be bottom half.

Seen the highlights of the other games, Brentford looked particularly impressive and Wigan looked right at home at this level.

Looking forward to seeing Bielsa's Leeds with good signings such as Douglas and Bamford and their new system against favourites Stoke.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Watched 3 games so far, none of the 5 sides (aside from Rovers) have stood out and made me think they will be a force but I suppose its early days.

Derby full of match winners, many of whom were really quiet, but I felt that Lampard was naive trying to get them to play out from the back, its all well and good having ideals on how you want to play but you have to adjust to suit your players, the likes of Davies and Keogh arent good enough to play out from the back.

Reading will be near the bottom, Barrow was a big threat for them but not convinced they have enough goals in them. Poor manager too.

Sheffield United are one of those teams who are settled and I think will be mid table but they werent very impressive.

Swanseas team lacked quality, McKay was good but are him, Celina, Asoro and McBurnie really a promotion chasing attack? Not so sure. Montero is a good player though he should be starting games.

Ipswich aside from Edwards who we should have signed were decidedly average. Will be bottom half.

Seen the highlights of the other games, Brentford looked particularly impressive and Wigan looked right at home at this level.

Looking forward to seeing Bielsa's Leeds with good signings such as Douglas and Bamford and their new system against favourites Stoke.

Ive watched the same 3 games. 

Ipswich and Reading haven't impressed me one bit. I thought Lampard adapt to the game situation and change it. Also good to see him being a manager at this level. Reading signing Baldock will keep them up if he played enough. I still expect Ipswich to be bottom 6 for sure and after reading Hurst's post comments about need signings in and it appears that Nolan is joining him from Shrewsbury

Sheffield United have a set way of playing and will be mid table/ higher mid table. 

On Swansea, I though McKay was very good in the game. McBurnie knows what is needed at this level after being at Barnsley. Montero was good when he comes and I would imagine he will be 1st choice shortly but having quality on the bench is vital at this level. 

Looking forward to seeing both Leeds and Stoke today

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ipswich and Reading haven't impressed me one bit. I thought Lampard adapt to the game situation and change it. Also good to see him being a manager at this level. Reading signing Baldock will keep them up if he played enough. I still expect Ipswich to be bottom 6 for sure and after reading Hurst's post comments about need signings in and it appears that Nolan is joining him from Shrewsbury

Sheffield United have a set way of playing and will be mid table/ higher mid table. 

On Swansea, I though McKay was very good in the game. McBurnie knows what is needed at this level after being at Barnsley. Montero was good when he comes and I would imagine he will be 1st choice shortly but having quality on the bench is vital at this level. 

The amount of focus on Lampard by Sky was nauseating, could grow a bit tiresome to say the least if it continues.

Lampard should have known that playing out from the back with the personnel at his disposal was never going to work, Keogh in particular gave the ball away in stupid areas a few times and only for a lack of quality in Readings attack, they would have been a few goals up. They have quality in attack that will win games on their own, a goalkeeping mistake and then a wonderful cross and header to win it got them a win im not convinced they deserved.

Sheffield United one of a group of teams, Preston and Brentford other examples, of teams that are settled teams that havent cost the earth to put together that are ones we should look up to. I'd be surprised and impressed if we could finish above any of them.

McKay was good but hes comes with an inconsistent and lazy reputation, hence him not getting in Forests side, for all his talent. McBurnie had a good loan spell but the attack doesnt scream promotion to me. Central midfield looks really poor too although rumours suggest they want Ryan Woods from Brentford who is an excellent midfielder at this level.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

McKay was good but hes comes with an inconsistent and lazy reputation, hence him not getting in Forests side, for all his talent. McBurnie had a good loan spell but the attack doesnt scream promotion to me. Central midfield looks really poor too although rumours suggest they want Ryan Woods from Brentford who is an excellent midfielder at this level.

Well he wasn't Lazy yesterday was he? Funny you say he didn't get into the forest side but he did when Warburton was there. Not when a more defensively manager took over in Karanka. I have no time for Karanka at all. Another Mourinho type manager, boring and always complaining. 

Carroll played in midfield yesterday thought he was good. They have a young squad there and rebuilding their squad that way is the right way. Woods would be excellent signing for them. 

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The only team I am looking forward to seeing is the Rovers.

Edited by rigger

Leeds have been excellent, Bielsas tactics have been proactive, exciting and helping the likes of Saiz, Hernandez and Roofe to thrive. 

Rowett on the other hand has decided to go with 3 defensive midfielders and his side have offered absolutely nothing. Bojan is on the bench, so why he feels the need for such unnecessary caution is beyond me.

• Like 2

It's a funny old game but Stoke look full of has been s at Leeds with Ince and MacLean looking impotent in attack.

Stoke look like a bunch of individuals, one particular moment stood out for me first half where the central midfielder was out of position but his teamate Ince was the closest.

Instead of Ince covering his teammate he ran away back to his position and Leeds just ran through an open door in the Stoke midfield.

Edited by JAL

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The only team I am looking forward to seeing is the Rovers.

Stellar contribution to a thread mainly about other teams and the league as a whole.

Leeds look fantastic, pure intensity, but can it last?

Seen Rowett get pelters from Derb fans for negativity and dourness when we signed Palmer - can see what they mean now, mid table standard from Stoke.

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

The only two Stoke players who have actually done anything all game. Joe Allen, Benik Adobe, Butland... They deserve a negative mention before you get anywhere near McClean and Ince! Ince also hit the bar with a sweet drive in the first half.

It's still too early to comment how teams will do, really. We took a fair few games to get going last season! Maybe Stoke and West Brom will be the same.

Agree there's a lot of quality and experience at Stoke to work with early days though I'm leaning more towards Stoke than Leeds over the season.

Stoke have to find who plays better together quickly.

Thought the Leeds keeper just doesn't look too clever for me.

Edited by JAL

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Leeds have been excellent, Bielsas tactics have been proactive, exciting and helping the likes of Saiz, Hernandez and Roofe to thrive. 

Rowett on the other hand has decided to go with 3 defensive midfielders and his side have offered absolutely nothing. Bojan is on the bench, so why he feels the need for such unnecessary caution is beyond me.

Rowett is very defensive manager. 

Also I wouldnt say Allen is a defensive midfielder at all. Box to box midfielder/playmaker for me