BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Jack Byrne was a better player than the midfielders we coped with that season. That is a fact.

Is he? He has flopped from club to club since leaving here and was relegated from League 1 last season. Even Jason Lowe is playing in the Championship 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A City supporting mate of mine thinks it is Phil Foden that we are going to loan from them. 

If true, that would be outstanding business

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he? He has flopped from club to club since leaving here and was relegated from League 1 last season. Even Jason Lowe is playing in the Championship 

Well, he has signed for Wigan and loaned to Oldham who subsequently bought him. Hardly flopping from club to club. Despite a bad start at Oldham he grew and got a couple of goals from midfield for them. Can imagine he'll end up getting a move somewhere else soon enough.

He could pass, tackle and control the ball far better than Akpan. Lowe was right back during that campaign. 

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Weirdo.

I'd love for the Foden rumour to be true. You can see talk of Leeds being linked on the internet but no talk of Rovers except for BDS' mate. I wouldn't mind signing him just to beat Leeds to him. He's definitely a marquee signing.

My only worry about it would be we have other areas we have to strengthen before and should spend money on that but it would be an incredibly hard offer to turn down to sign Foden regardless of the mentioned.

And before BDS and Paul Mani's Crusaders come knocking I'm not complaining I just want a striker or two

A bit of lighthearted banter mate. Relax

Well, he has signed for Wigan and loaned to Oldham who subsequently bought him. Hardly flopping from club to club. Despite a bad start at Oldham he grew and got a couple of goals from midfield for them. Can imagine he'll end up getting a move somewhere else soon enough.

He could pass, tackle and control the ball far better than Akpan. Lowe was right back during that campaign. 

If he was any good Wigan wouldn't have sold him a couple of months after signing him. The Oldham manager criticized him a number of times that season. 

Coyle signed Byrne. Lowe wasn't right back that campaign. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

He made our midfield look very ordinary in the game at Boundary Park last season. 

• Like 2

If he was any good Wigan wouldn't have sold him a couple of months after signing him. The Oldham manager criticized him a number of times that season. 

Coyle signed Byrne. Lowe wasn't right back that campaign. 

Jason Lowe definitely played right back for a lot of our relegation campaign, at least under Coyle. It was Mowbray who started using Nyambe there.

The Oldham manager criticised him once if I remember and it was around the time his loan came to an end and they wanted to sign him. They did sign him. It wouldn't be unheard of for a manager to downplay a players qualities he wants to buy. If he was as critical of him as you make out he wouldn't have signed him on a 2 and a half year deal.

As Tyrone made out too, if you was present at Oldham's ground that season, you'd have seen how he ran rings around our midfield then. He has the potential to be a decent Championship player and certainly possesses more midfield qualities than Akpan and Lowe combined.

Anyway this is an irrelevant argument as he isn't our player or a transfer target

Just now, Paul Mani said:

No pal, that’s an OPINION. You really struggle with this stuff hey?

How rich. You've spent the last 45 pages jumping down the neck of people who have vented their concerns (ergo opinions) and telling them how wrong they are. 

Would love someone to dig out that clip of Lowe (vs Brentford on the day we went down, I think) completely dispossessing himself and toe ending the ball out of play. Would make me feel much better about Evans.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His only good game in the last 2 years. Tells its own story about his attitude. 

Never really got a chance with us did Byrne. Looked a pretty tidy player. Did well at Oldham last season think he had more than a few good performances for them. Imagine he won't be there for too much longer. 

• Like 1

Jason Lowe definitely played right back for a lot of our relegation campaign, at least under Coyle. It was Mowbray who started using Nyambe there.

The Oldham manager criticised him once if I remember and it was around the time his loan came to an end and they wanted to sign him. They did sign him. It wouldn't be unheard of for a manager to downplay a players qualities he wants to buy. If he was as critical of him as you make out he wouldn't have signed him on a 2 and a half year deal.

As Tyrone made out too, if you was present at Oldham's ground that season, you'd have seen how he ran rings around our midfield then. He has the potential to be a decent Championship player and certainly possesses more midfield qualities than Akpan and Lowe combined.

Anyway this is an irrelevant argument as he isn't our player or a transfer target

How rich. You've spent the last 45 pages jumping down the neck of people who have vented their concerns (ergo opinions) and telling them how wrong they are. 

Except he is a league 2 player. He played well against us with a point to prove, that aside, his fall since leaving city with such high hopes has been brutal. Time will tell if he gets out of League 2 

Just now, Butty said:

Never really got a chance with us did Byrne. Looked a pretty tidy player. Did well at Oldham last season think he had more than a few good performances for them. Imagine he won't be there for too much longer. 

Playing under Coyle wouldn't help any young player, but Byrne has done badly under every manager since, barring 1 game against us. Time will tell, but I think he will be one in the "what could have been" or "where are they now?" category 

For those of you who were envious of Wigans transfer dealings, here is today's update. I can only imagine if those 3 were on trial here 

Darron Gibson, Ross Wallace and James Perch are all on trial at Wigan Athletic.

Gibson, 30, was released by Sunderland this summer; Wallace, 33, was released by Sheffield Wednesday; Perch, 32, was released by QPR and previously played for Wigan between 2013 and 2015

• Moderation Lead

All those on trial at Wigan are experienced players to be fair, as they're on trial, I imagine they wouldn't cost that much in wages.

Too old/injured though really. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Would love someone to dig out that clip of Lowe (vs Brentford on the day we went down, I think) completely dispossessing himself and toe ending the ball out of play. Would make me feel much better about Evans.

Give me one Evans over 5 Lowe's any day of the week.

Just now, Butty said:

He did. A pal of mine who supports Oldham said that he had games where he disappeared but more often than not you could count on him for a good performance. Like any young player you fade in and out, have bad spells. Not a bad player but obviously thought he was a bit better than he was at the time. 

Playing under Coyle wouldn't help any young player, but Byrne has done badly under every manager since, barring 1 game against us. Time will tell, but I think he will be one in the "what could have been" or "where are they now?" category 

It's funny how you turn a complete round turn on anything that doesn't go for your agenda. He hasn't just had "1 good game against us" and hasn't done badly under every manager since. I seem to remember you banging the drum of never judging a player before you've seen them - you openly admit it's not fair to judge him under Coyle so where has this damming opinion of him come from? How many times have you seen him in his 30+ apps for Oldham? 1 - against us? A good performance...

• Like 1

Give me one Evans over 5 Lowe's any day of the week.

He did. A pal of mine who supports Oldham said that he had games where he disappeared but more often than not you could count on him for a good performance. Like any young player you fade in and out, have bad spells. Not a bad player but obviously thought he was a bit better than he was at the time. 

It's funny how you turn a complete round turn on anything that doesn't go for your agenda. He hasn't just had "1 good game against us" and hasn't done badly under every manager since. I seem to remember you banging the drum of never judging a player before you've seen them - you openly admit it's not fair to judge him under Coyle so where has this damming opinion of him come from? How many times have you seen him in his 30+ apps for Oldham? 1 - against us? A good performance...

Believe it or not his career does occasionally get brought up on sports radio over here. So I have heard plenty of discussion on it. 

You are going off what your mates told you about his performances. He must not have been very good if they went down. I haven't heard of any League 1 teams, let alone Championship clubs interested either. That tells its own story. 

For those of you who were envious of Wigans transfer dealings, here is today's update. I can only imagine if those 3 were on trial here 

Gibson, 30, was released by Sunderland this summer; Wallace, 33, was released by Sheffield Wednesday; Perch, 32, was released by QPR and previously played for Wigan between 2013 and 2015

Whittingham 33 and Conway 33 not looking so bad in this group.

• Like 1

Gibson won’t have step foot inside Ewood with his drink-drive history. Mowbray wouldn’t touch him, whereas Paul Cook...

It appears hasbeens are now the way forward, for clubs that have no money. I think I’d stick with the two young lads we’ve got, than signing what Wigan and Bolton are looking at!

• Like 2

Just now, scotchrover said:

Gibson won’t have step foot inside Ewood with his drink-drive history. Mowbray wouldn’t touch him, whereas Paul Cook...

It appears hasbeens are now the way forward, for clubs that have no money. I think I’d stick with the two young lads we’ve got, than signing what Wigan and Bolton are looking at!

True. Give me Davenport and Rothwell any day of the week

I thought Wigan were taken over and had money to spend? Going off their business so far they are scraping the barrel.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

On the flip side, what business Stoke have done. Imagine we signed Tom Ince, McLean and Afobe. 3 players in the exact positions we need filling. They cost a combined 30 million though, just to put things in perspective... 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel