BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Stoke are a sensible club making sensible decisions under a local owner, coupled with parachute payments and 20,000 season tickets sold.

I always saw Stoke as a similar outfit to ourselves, a historic, provincial club (though far less trophies), yet we’ve been left behind by such clubs thanks to our appalling owners.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

How rich. You've spent the last 45 pages jumping down the neck of people who have vented their concerns (ergo opinions) and telling them how wrong they are. 

At what point have I passed my opinion off as fact? And when have I jumped down peoples necks? I have tried to apply some context by suggesting that it would be better to wait until the end of the window to judge it...in fact that the worst thing Iv said is that there is a ‘general negative rhetoric’...haha

Meanwhile, I have been called a ‘happy clapper’ a ‘weirdo’ as well as been mocked in terms of the relationships I have in football.

I’m a Rovers fan to my core. I won’t be dragged into the negativity on here and because of that I don’t fit in. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Stoke are a sensible club making sensible decisions under a local owner, coupled with parachute payments and 20,000 season tickets sold.

I always saw Stoke as a similar outfit to ourselves, a historic, provincial club, yet we’ve been left behind by such clubs thanks to our appalling owners.

Their business this summer is what we should and could have done the year we got relegated from the Premiership. If Mick MCarthy or Neil Warnock were given the budget Kean had, I have no doubt we would have been promoted at the first attempt. We had a decent squad already. 

• Like 2

Just now, RovingRover said:

Stoke spend £10 million on Ince, and we are all sat here wondering if we are at any stage going to break the £1 million barrier. :glare:

Not asking that we spend silly money. Just get a move on and get things moving! :rover:

Parachute money and they have had to sell a few. They are spending the money well though it seems 

Unfortunately there aren't ejector seat payments for launching out of League 1 :) 

• Like 1

James McLean is one of the scummiest footballers going. I remember one Wigan game when he must have had two or three two footed lunges on our players. I rarely think this but i can't wait to see him get his comeuppance one day. 

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Both Foden and Diaz could be here when season starts ultimately..

This is assuming we beat Carlise away and make it to the 3rd round of the League Cup and draw Man City? I cant see it any other way.

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

James McLean is one of the scummiest footballers going. I remember one Wigan game when he must have had two or three two footed lunges on our players. I rarely think this but i can't wait to see him get his comeuppance one day. 

This is assuming we beat Carlise away and make it to the 3rd round of the League Cup and draw Man City? I cant see it any other way.

Must have been a shit ref that day 

McLean isn't a dirty player, just very committed. I guarantee if he played for us, fans would love him. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I wouldn’t be so quick to get rid of Evans. We’re basing our team on young players on the way up in their career, which I think is the right way to go, but we still need a contingent of experienced players who knows this level or higher, certainly in the central positions.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Parachute money and they have had to sell a few. They are spending the money well though it seems 

Unfortunately there aren't ejector seat payments for launching out of League 1 :) 

Wigan spent £1.5 million on Leonardo Da Silva Lopes.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Will he cope with the physical and mental demands of the Championship? I'm unsure.

Think I prefer Harrison from City. Winger. 

Is it wrong that I prefer the lad from Peterborough to both of them?

Sadly it doesn't matter as out of the three of them we'll get none.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Have to agree about McLean, the guy is a grade A scumbag. Can't stand him. (Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this has NOTHING to do with his poppy stance).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

On the flip side, what business Stoke have done. Imagine we signed Tom Ince, McLean and Afobe. 3 players in the exact positions we need filling. They cost a combined 30 million though, just to put things in perspective... 

I’d stop supporting us if we signed a scumbag like McClean. Adobe and Ince capable at this level but struggle stepping up.

42 minutes ago, neophox said:

Both Foden and Diaz could be here when season starts ultimately..

If thats true then it is time to get excited. I saw both play live five or six times last year and they really are top quality

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

At what point have I passed my opinion off as fact? And when have I jumped down peoples necks? I have tried to apply some context by suggesting that it would be better to wait until the end of the window to judge it...in fact that the worst thing Iv said is that there is a ‘general negative rhetoric’...haha

Meanwhile, I have been called a ‘happy clapper’ a ‘weirdo’ as well as been mocked in terms of the relationships I have in football.

I’m a Rovers fan to my core. I won’t be dragged into the negativity on here and because of that I don’t fit in. 

You've been winding us up for days and admitted you won't be around once the transfer window ends. Apparently you did this last season as well.

Doesn't sound like a "Rovers fan to my core man to me" but does definitely seem weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

For those of you who were envious of Wigans transfer dealings, here is today's update. I can only imagine if those 3 were on trial here 

Darron Gibson, Ross Wallace and James Perch are all on trial at Wigan Athletic.

Gibson, 30, was released by Sunderland this summer; Wallace, 33, was released by Sheffield Wednesday; Perch, 32, was released by QPR and previously played for Wigan between 2013 and 2015

Who has said that they are envious of Wigans transfer dealings?! Players like Adelakun, Edwards, Wildshut, and also (although I wouldnt have really wanted them personally, Harrison, Eisa, McManaman and Oztumer) are the main names that people have pointed out that were potentially obtainable that have gone to rivals. Individual players, showing that potential improvements are out there on the cheap. No one is saying that we should just sign any old player. Signings like the ones I mentioned will be the benchmark for ones we can do.

28 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No one has said theyve made a final judgement now on the transfer window. Can you please stop peddling this myth whilst constantly repeating the usual crap, negativity, happy clapper etc.

People have pointed out that Mowbray said he wanted his business done early, weve started slowly in the last 2 seasons, and obviously the number of interviews hes done about deals not getting over the line suggest that hed have liked to get them done hisself in an ideal world. People will always be understandably and rightfully skeptical of what the owners do next. Its clear you are on the wind up.

If we sign good players and spend a bit of money between now and the window closing, you know for a fact that everyone will be happy. Stop purposefully winding people up.