BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A City supporting mate of mine thinks it is Phil Foden that we are going to loan from them. 

Whoosh! BDS pours petrol on the bonfire and steps well back.

Whilst we arguably need more out and out striker types that would still be a sensational signing. Almost Steve Archibald-esque.

Believe that one when I see it.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoosh! BDS pours petrol on the bonfire and steps well back.

Whilst we arguably need more out and out striker types that would still be a sensational signing. Almost Steve Archibald-esque.

Believe that one when I see it.

Ha ha, just what he told me. It's a bit boring on here anyway, so just said I would share.

I hope we actually sign a couple this week or even I will be getting worried...

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Corry Evans. I think it shows you exactly what sort of character/player he is when his only good games for the club were against the likes of Walsall & Peterbrough in the third division whilst we're charging for promotion.

Awful player, and no wonder you never see him linked away. Salford City wouldn't even take him on.

Personally feel it shows that Evans plays well when we have more than one central midfielders playing. Remember he has played with Jason Lowe alongside him for the majority of the time here. Also Bowyer played him wrong as a holding midfielder when comparing his performances for Hull and his international caps

Not the best player but he is one of our better midfielders. Maybe it is a sad statement about the quality of our central midfielders we have/had.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not really much of a gamble if he is signed on loan, apart from taking the place of another loan, who would also be a gamble :) 

What I meant was making one of our attacking signings a nineteen year old with no first team experience  compared to say Harrison who is 21,has played in the mls and had a loan spell at Boro last season 

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

What I meant was making one of our attacking signings a nineteen year old with no first team experience  compared to say Harrison who is 21,has played in the mls and had a loan spell at Boro last season 

Harrison has more experience, but Foden is arguably the highest rated teenager in the UK 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree on Evans, just getting his wages off would be good. I remember Rangers were interested a while back, but other than that I never hear anyone linked with him. Even when he is fit, he just doesn't do enough consistently for me 

I am fearful that he will be 1st choice again next season. I would be critical of Mowbray if that was the case. Hopefully Travis or Davenport do enough in Mowbrays eyes to get in ahead of him. We even have Whittingham as an option off the bench then if experience is required. 

Agree with all that.  Also Smallwood and Bennett who can play his role.  Last of a bad bunch is Evans (fitness/attitude).

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

Before we get too Foden crazy, Manchester Evening News wrote June 22:

"Phil Foden will NOT be going on loan to Leeds this summer - or anywhere else for that matter."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfers-phil-foden-14812603

Then on July 21st Guardiola said this 

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City are yet to decide whether youngsters like Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz will leave on loan

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11444062/manchester-city-waiting-to-decide-whether-phil-foden-leaves-on-loan 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Then on July 21st Guardiola said this 

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City are yet to decide whether youngsters like Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz will leave on loan

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11444062/manchester-city-waiting-to-decide-whether-phil-foden-leaves-on-loan 

Still hope then :) 

• Like 1

I think City would be a bit crazy not to let him go out on loan somewhere unless he has plans of involving him in the first team. What would be the benefit of keeping him around if not? Give the lad some first team experience somewhere - I would certainly take him here despite us being well-stocked in that area.

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I never said drop him for Whittingham. Read my posts. 

Smallwood will start, if Evans left that would leave ;Travis, Davenport and Whittingham for the 2nd midfield spot. Bennett is also an option. 

Would his role in the team not clash with Dack's?  I don't think Foden us a sitting  midfielder, nor a wide player. Cracking prospect - if we didn't have Dack.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Anyone got a full list of all the young forwards and winger types that City have taken on this tour?

The player we are after is surely either Nmecha or Harrison. With an outside chance of Phil Foden. Be happy enough with any of those three. 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

The player we are after is surely either Nmecha or Harrison. With an outside chance of Phil Foden. Be happy enough with any of those three. 

If it is one of the strikers rather than Foden, I do hope it is to supplement a more experienced perm signing in that position and not the only striker we can expect. Graham and Nuttall seem to be the only two for that position right now after TM chose to put Dack up top instead of Samuel in the last friendly. Seems Samuel is seen as a winger or in the three behind now.  

Just now, JacknOry said:

If it is one of the strikers rather than Foden, I do hope it is to supplement a more experienced perm signing in that position and not the only striker we can expect. Graham and Nuttall seem to be the only two for that position right now after TM chose to put Dack up top instead of Samuel in the last friendly. Seems Samuel is seen as a winger or in the three behind now.  

Definitely. We either need to get Armstrong tied up or move on to someone else, so short up top at the minute it's frightening.

59 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Looks exceptional in his YouTube vids but most the clips are against other youth teams.

Clearly talented but would be a gamble with little or none first team experience 

Im sure thats what bournemouth fans said when they signed 18 year old defoe..or bristol city when they signed the lad from chelsea

Just now, JacknOry said:

Definitely. We need the permanent signing of a striker and a winger. If we supplemented the defence and even the wings with loans then I wouldn't mind. 

Defoe went to league one and Abraham had been involved with Chelsea and England under 21s.

I'm not saying Nmencha would be a bad signing but apart from YouTube clips of him playing against kids his own age I haven't seen that much of him.Have You?

Have seen a bit of Harrison though. 21 years old,did well enough in the mls for City to pay out 4.5 million for him and he had a spell at Boro last season.The championship and senior football are not alien to him like they are to Nmenchca so I would prefer if it was Harrison out of those two

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Im sure thats what bournemouth fans said when they signed 18 year old defoe..or bristol city when they signed the lad from chelsea

And we said that too when we loaned Harper and Byrne...

It is a gamble. Any signing is, but unproven ones are moreso. They can turn out phenomenal, or phenomenally underwhelming.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Didn't Byrne come here with an equally big reputation ? I seem to recall " The next Roy Keane " being mentioned.  Where they got that from I don't know, he's nothing like him in playing style even allowing for the gulf in class.

Just like "The Scottish Wayne Rooney"

"The next Batistuta"

"A Young Steve Gerrard"

Etc.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Didn't Byrne come here with an equally big reputation ? I seem to recall " The next Roy Keane " being mentioned.  Where they got that from I don't know, he's nothing like him in playing style even allowing for the gulf in class.

I have literally no idea. He has a bit of a mouth on him, so maybe that was it. Nothing to do with football ability anyway