BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because they have no one as good as Dack.  Anyway, I wouldn't say our players are linked in the rags less or more than other clubs in the Championship. You just notice it more 

I'm not interested in WBA's motives. I wonder what's in it for these 'journalists' in the Sun to spend so much of their time on the subject of Rovers.

Anyhow, should be a non-starter. If we have serious ambitions as a club then we need to be passing clubs like WBA. I'd be surprised if Darren Moore was still their manager come January.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Still have to pay him off.  He was on trial at Watford, you would have thought he could have done the same here.  Maybe it has greased a few  palms to get us a player  we really want in ....anyway, I digress.

Sceptical toi? 

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I would say it's safe to assume we won't be selling Dack and replacing him with Carlos Vela, as it states in the article. 

Josh Vela from Bolton, not Carlos, ex of Arsenal.

But either way, it's nonsense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not interested in WBA's motives. I wonder what's in it for these 'journalists' in the Sun to spend so much of their time on the subject of Rovers.

Anyhow, should be a non-starter. If we have serious ambitions as a club then we need to be passing clubs like WBA. I'd be surprised if Darren Moore was still their manager come January.

I am sure if the bid was £15 mil or more, he'd be off to balance the books.  Which to be fair, if it pays for all our summer signings, is the way we should and probably will operate outside the PL. 

Doesn't sound like the Baggies are flush.  If it was Leeds or Boro , you'd be more nervous.

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why on Earth would we sell arguably our best player for the same fee that we have paid for Ben Brereton who is unproven as of yet?

• Like 2

I am sure if the bid was £15 mil or more, he'd be off to balance the books.  Which to be fair, if it pays for all our summer signings, is the way we should and probably will operate outside the PL. 

Doesn't sound like the Baggies are flush.  If it was Leeds or Boro , you'd be more nervous.

Honestly, I'd only be nervous if it was a top flight team at present. 

Not saying that he'd never go to another Championship team, but I think our momentum (along with his new contract on which the ink has barely dried) means that we should be able to fend any interest off without Dack being too bothered imo.

12 months time might be a different story. 

The approach should be not for sale at any price to a non-Premier League club. Of course there comes a stage where that might not be feasible and £15 million would probably be thereabouts, but the better way to deal with these sort of clubs is to immediately tell them to 'do one' and that there's no negotiation to be had. Once they get that robust message they probably won't waste their time chucking bids in at £7 million, if that's what they've done.

Our problem previously has been that we've encouraged bidders to come along as we've had the for sale sign up outside. That has to stop and thankfully it seems to have done under Mowbray.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we went it with £7 million for WBA, Leeds or Middlesbrough's best player they'd tell us where to go and make it clear there was nothing further to talk about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peteb2014 said:

One worry might be that WBA are about to receive 10M for selling Chadli to Monaco

Yet no matter what they can't pay money for anyone until January, only loan.

It would make absolutely no sense for Rovers to loan any important players out at this stage. If we were to be tempted to sell that could still happen in January when we've more time to replace (preferably we won't sell at all).

I’m sure it’s just mischief making from journalist agents. Why would Rovers consider selling him for that amount when if he has a decent season like Maddison he could be worth 20 million plus or could even fire us to the Premier League. 

In addition isn’t Dack best pals with Chapman? Pretty certain he’s coming here and that friendship must have played an important part.  

Just seen on Twitter that Hart is off to Rochdale again on loan from that Pete O’Rouke

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's simple how the write stories. Choose an in form player for a club outside of the top flight - simply link them to a club in the Premier League.  

Premier League Window shuts.

Choose an in form player for a club outside of the top flight - link them to a club recently in the Premier League.  

Window shuts.

Option A. Choose an in form player for a club outside of the top flight - link them to a January move to struggling club in the Premier League.  

Option B. Choose an in form player for a club outside of the top flight - link them to a club in a far away land.

Rinse, repeat, eventually get one right and do an "As exclusively revealed in the (insert paper name)..." feature.

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The approach should be not for sale at any price to a non-Premier League club. Of course there comes a stage where that might not be feasible and £15 million would probably be thereabouts, but the better way to deal with these sort of clubs is to immediately tell them to 'do one' and that there's no negotiation to be had. Once they get that robust message they probably won't waste their time chucking bids in at £7 million, if that's what they've done.

Our problem previously has been that we've encouraged bidders to come along as we've had the for sale sign up outside. That has to stop and thankfully it seems to have done under Mowbray.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we went it with £7 million for WBA, Leeds or Middlesbrough's best player they'd tell us where to go and make it clear there was nothing further to talk about.

Yup.  A simple not for sale statement by the club, like the JR ones would be a positive sign....IF there was ever a bid in the first place.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yet no matter what they can't pay money for anyone until January, only loan.

It would make absolutely no sense for Rovers to loan any important players out at this stage. If we were to be tempted to sell that could still happen in January when we've more time to replace (preferably we won't sell at all).

A bit like we haven't paid a single penny for Brereton yet its only the same thing

25 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Why on Earth would we sell arguably our best player for the same fee that we have paid for Ben Brereton who is unproven as of yet?

and why the heck would we replace him with Josh Vela!

5 minutes ago, Peteb2014 said:

A bit like we haven't paid a single penny for Brereton yet its only the same thing

Yes but Brereton was a fringe player who was keen to get out and get games under his belt and Forest were prepared to cash in on someone Karanka doesn't rate too highly. Dack completely different as he is a central pillar to Rovers. Absolutely no reason to let him go now even if the bid was massive as it couldn't happen until January. Even if we were prepared to let him go surely we'd be better waiting until January when his value will likely be even higher and we can start a bidding war.

24 minutes ago, Peteb2014 said:

One worry might be that WBA are about to receive 10M for selling Chadli to Monaco

No worry at all pal, we won't sell Dack for less than £20mil and West Brom won't pay that.