BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just seen his goals on sky , good far post header then 2 very similar ones cutting in from left on his right foot , can't remember what his scoring record was in championship was though , something tells me he scored a bucket load in league 1 but struggled when moved to Championship (might be wrong though)

• Moderation Lead
34 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

One thing is for sure - we need a signing soon if not only for the mental stability of this thread.

I was just going to say, isn't it nice when we all get along so well?.......

• Like 2

Just now, AJW said:

Just seen his goals on sky , good far post header then 2 very similar ones cutting in from left on his right foot , can't remember what his scoring record was in championship was though , something tells me he scored a bucket load in league 1 but struggled when moved to Championship (might be wrong though)

You're right. He missed an absolute sitter from about 2 yards in one game I saw him last season. Only scored a few in the Championship. 

I trust Mowbray to do those things properly over which he has control. However transfer negotiations, contracts, wages and add-ons (there must be others) do not come within his job description.

Its utterly simplistic to just say "trust Tony". If that's what you believe  then he must be to blame if we don't sign anyone worthwhile.

• Like 2

Just now, Igloo5090 said:

Can we forget about chapman please? As much as I like him he’s too injury prone and possibly not good enough to hold down a starting place in this team

Tend to agree. Too much of a risk for me in terms of his fitness but also his lack of experience in the Championship. I wouldn't mind if he was being brought in to work his way into contention over time and develop at the club but more urgently we need people who are able to go straight into the team if called upon.

I'd also be quite alarmed if after all this summer and all the talk about budgets, new recruitment, waiting for our targets etc. that we ended up doing the Chapman one. Mowbray has suggested we're looking at a higher calibre more experienced group of people so if after all this time we bring back on loan a lad who was here last season who Mowbray didn't fancy to start back then it won't tally.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

You're right. He missed an absolute sitter from about 2 yards in one game I saw him last season. Only scored a few in the Championship. 

yep 4 goals in 20. Very limited player who will do allright in League One hoofball. Had a spell here in Norway with Viking but was released after half a season. 

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Tend to agree. Too much of a risk for me in terms of his fitness but also his lack of experience in the Championship. I wouldn't mind if he was being brought in to work his way into contention over time and develop at the club but more urgently we need people who are able to go straight into the team if called upon.

I'd also be quite alarmed if after all this summer and all the talk about budgets, new recruitment, waiting for our targets etc. that we ended up doing the Chapman one. Mowbray has suggested we're looking at a higher calibre more experienced group of people so if after all this time we bring back on loan a lad who was here last season who Mowbray didn't fancy to start back then it won't tally.

Another in agreement here. He seems a nice lad and I feel genuinely sorry for him with his injury problems at a time when he was starting to make his mark however with the step up in quality and the trio of Dack, Palmer and Armstrong working so well together Chapman would be a bit part player at best IMO.

19 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

It's more of an open question as to why if 2 of the top teams were interested in him are none of the remaining 18 cash rich teams interested?

As for your other little rant, the problem on here is people see everything as black and white. If you are cautious about a signing you're negative and if your pro a signing you're a happy clapper, I can safely say I'm neither. I'm big enough and stupid enough to be able to form my own opinions. I think with this transfer it's to be expected that some fans are cautious, its a long time since we've spent any money and my worry is that this is a one time splash from Venkys and if it goes wrong its the last money we will see invested in the side for a long long time; I'm fearful of spending it on the wrong player.

Brereton could be amazing, he could also be terrible, 8 million pounds plus no doubt hefty wages is a lot of money and with it comes a lot of expectation. So there are certain questions that need to be asked in my opinion, asking those questions doesn't make you negative, in fact quite the opposite. I want the best for Blackburn Rovers and securing longer term success, when we're investing so much in a player (probably around 4 times the amount that has been invested in the squad in the last 4 years) surely it's right to question whether this is a good deal.

Fair enough and good post. I am all for discussion and looking at what are the best options, however when fans say things like "we should be concerned because nobody else is in for him/has signed him already" it just seems to be needlessly and baselessly negative. I don't see those as fair reasons to question the signing. 

19 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I don't get the point of calling people negative who dare to ask questions about signings, just like happens at every other club. Just like fans who question decisions of the manager, just like at any other club.

People will always disagree with each other and that's alright. As I said the other day, it's only common sense to ask questions about us equalling our record transfer fee on a player, I think it's fair to say none of us know much about.

People often make stuff up about what others have said and what they perceive to score points and it's a bit daft, not to mention inaccurate in many cases. 

Everyone on here wants Rovers to have the strongest possible squad in order to compete as much as we can, to suggest otherwise is just a bit mischievous IMO.

Anyhow, have we signed anyone yet?

To question the signing because "no one has signed him already or are in for him now" is surely negative and should be labelled as such, no? 

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I know its HITC but still an interesting proposition. Suits Spuds business approach.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/21/do-tottenham-cant-miss-chance-to-sign-nottingham-forests-ben-bre/page/1/

What an opening paragraph 

Ben Brereton was attracting admiring glances from some of the biggest clubs in England after breaking into the Nottingham Forest first team at the start of 2017. It would look like a rather rapid fall from grace then if the highly-rated striker now joined Blackburn Rovers for just £8 million.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

To question the signing because "no one has signed him already or are in for him now" is surely negative and should be labelled as such, no? 

I suppose the point was more why bother labelling people negative at all, just keep scrolling instead? What does it matter if people think differently, really?

Allied to the fact that  posts labelling people negative/overly positive en masse, derails threads and takes things away from the matter at hand when it's not really necessary.

Maybe they are just like that? In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter what someone on the internet thinks that you'll never meet?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Name me a top player that hasn't missed a sitter. Two of the best goal scorers I ever saw were Jimmy Greaves and Denis Law. I've seen both of them miss from two yards out . Greavsey hit the bar with an header when he was stood on the goal line !

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I suppose the point was more why bother labelling people negative at all, just keep scrolling instead? What does it matter if people think differently, really?

Maybe they are just like that? In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter what someone on the internet thinks that you'll never meet?

Because it's a message board for discussion and debate. So, you are advising we censor and stop using the word " negative"? If someone says a player must not be any good because nobody else has signed them already, I find it a pointless and negative contribution, but anyways, I won't use the bold N word anymore. 

It's a beautiful day, the permanegs and the happy clappers sitting around a campfire with flowers in our hair singing Kumbaya . 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Name me a top player that hasn't missed a sitter. Two of the best goal scorers I ever saw were Jimmy Greaves and Denis Law. I've seen both of them miss from two yards out . Greavsey hit the bar with an header when he was stood on the goal line !

I saw an unmarked Dennia Law v Burnley at OT lash over the bar no more that 2 yards out!

I was on a school trip dosing at some Manchester Uni and wasted on Strongbow cider, that's my defence for being at OT .....

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because it's a message board for discussion and debate. So, you are advising we censor and stop using the word " negative"? If someone says a player must not be any good because nobody else has signed them already, I find it a pointless and negative contribution, but anyways, I won't use the bold N word anymore. 

It's a beautiful day, the permanegs and the happy clappers sitting around a campfire with flowers in our hair singing Kumbaya . 

I still don't see people questioning why nobody else is looking at him as being negative, it's a perfectly valid question. I don't think anybody is saying that because nobody else is interested we shouldn't sign him but it's unusual for a player who is touted at between 6-8 million pounds, English and young to only be courted by one club and a newly promoted club at that. That in itself doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him but it could inform the bigger picture of the pro's and con's.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Of course I'm not censoring anything or dictating what words can be used. But it just seems a cheap shot to label people 'happy clappers' or 'negative' and a bit infantile tbh.

I'm sure we're all better than that and we've got more to our vocabulary than using basic terms to shoot folk down that we don't agree with. 

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Of course I'm not censoring anything or dictating what words can be used. But it just seems a cheap shot to label people 'happy clappers' or 'negative' and a bit infantile tbh.

I'm sure we're all better than that and we've got more to our vocabulary than using basic terms to shoot folk down that we don't agree with. 

I don't shoot anyone down. Some are just overly sensitive to having their points picked up on or debated. That's ultimately what this comes down to. 

Personally I think "happy clapper" is an insult, although it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, whereas saying someones point of view is negative is just an opinion on their discussion point. I wouldn't categorize both as the same, although that seems to be the way things are here. 

Anyways, to answer your earlier question, no we haven't signed anyone this week, yet :)