BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Felt for Sammie here, we all felt that frustration.

Woeful performance, back to his Bambi on ice days. He's got the one move out on the wing, that's it. 

Yeah, he had a good 3 months, that’s about it. Can’t play up front, can’t really play out wide left, can’t really head the ball, not physical. In the old days he would have been an inside left.

He made that pact with the devil when they met at the crossroads at midnight on his way to Chile. Trouble is the devil went back on the deal ! 

Music fans will get that.

• Like 1

Let this sink in. Brereton has scored 3 league goals since the world cup. And one of those was the free kick against West Brom, where the goalie showed the wrist strength of a Jacobs cream cracker and palmed it into the net. 

I'll have good memories of him, wish him the best and to an extent will follow his career with interest. He had a real fairy tale season, but unfortunately, I think been found out. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Let this sink in. Brereton has scored 3 league goals since the world cup. And one of those was the free kick against West Brom, where the goalie showed the wrist strength of a Jacobs cream cracker and palmed it into the net. 

I'll have good memories of him, wish him the best and to an extent will follow his career with interest. He had a real fairy tale season, but unfortunately, I think been found out. 

1 terrific season in his entire time with us. Aided by penalties too, though he took a good one tbs.

This season he's mostly been below par but could do well in a higher league where there are more good players around him.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

This season he's mostly been below par but could do well in a higher league where there are more good players around him.

Or his lack of technical ability will stand out like a sore thumb in a team and league where everyone's touch and technical level will be high. 

Despite his time here looking like it won't end well, I do wish him all the best - but I'd be surprised if he was a big success there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 47er said:

1 terrific season in his entire time with us. Aided by penalties too, though he took a good one tbs.

That's not even true...it was half a season!

I've never been more convinced on a player's career nosediving. He will be back on these shores within a year on loan IMO.

Don't think his attitude can be questioned, I've been told a few times that he's still troubled by the ankle injury he picked up the other month. Almost looks like he's overtrying rather than under, he was certainly willing to run in behind Roberts on Tuesday. Not the player he's made out to be but there's no doubt he'll be a huge miss. We're losing 34 goals from the 106 we've scored over the last 2 seasons. 

for me is was and will be a one season wonder why the club did not sell him when they had the chance i will never know even at five million and the saving if wages we could of rebuild this summer. Now it looks like it's frees and loans signing 

20 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

One of those was the free kick against West Brom, where the goalie showed the wrist strength of a Jacobs cream cracker and palmed it into the net. 

😂😂 Might have to steal that description for use next time I'm in the pub.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Don't think his attitude can be questioned, I've been told a few times that he's still troubled by the ankle injury he picked up the other month. Almost looks like he's overtrying rather than under, he was certainly willing to run in behind Roberts on Tuesday. Not the player he's made out to be but there's no doubt he'll be a huge miss. We're losing 34 goals from the 106 we've scored over the last 2 seasons. 

The tactics dont suit him either, nor does where he plays ie left in a 4231 which requires keeping the width more and tracking back more, so he offers less threat in attack.

• Backroom

The absolute definition of a confidence player. With confidence he stumbles onto scoring goals, without he barely looks like a professional footballer.

Just a shit way for his time for us to end all around. Another end of season collapse, another barren second half of the season for BBD, and we won't get a penny for him. 

Still, without his 14 goals in the first half of the season we'd be nowhere near the playoffs to begin with. Who would have stepped up to score in his absence? Vale, Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges? Lol. A handful from those lot at best, and we'd be somewhere in the lower reaches of the table. 

We obviously won't miss non-confidence Brereton, but you do wonder how we're replacing the goals he does score when he has a burst of confidence. We have to rely on the recruitment team that was unable to bring in a decent striker in two transfer windows.   

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

In the league he's averaged a goal once every 574 minutes since the world cup. 

If I want to skew the stats a little he's averaged a goal from open play once every 861 minutes since the world cup. That's a goal every 9.5 games! Extrapolate that form over the season and he'd score a total of 4 goals. 

People moan about Gallagher, myself included, however he's been twice the player Brereton has for the majority of this season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

his heart isn't in it anymore, lack of commitment, doesn't make runs in behind anymore as often as he used earlier in the season and no I don't think down to tactics. Hasn't look like the same player for the 6 months. 

He’s a poor player. Bad first touch, easy to play against and the softest 6ft 3 in the league, any physical stuff and he disappears. He also can’t head the ball.

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

He’s a poor player. Bad first touch, easy to play against and the softest 6ft 3 in the league, any physical stuff and he disappears. He also can’t head the ball.

He got away with the poor first touch. Running from deep into space he could turn it into a pass to himself. Once opponents wised up that was it.

End of the day the manager keeps picking him, so it’s on him. Presumably because he doesn’t think there’s goals anywhere else… but the bloke now never does more than jog and stay by the touchline, so they won’t be coming from him either.

Should have been dropped post his stinking performance on Good Friday.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Should have been sold, simple as that. Same situation last season, no lessons learnt.

Says a lot about the quality around him that he is no worse than any of our other attackers.

Szmodics has been head and shoulders above BBD and even if everything doesn't come off he still puts a shift in does BBD do that? 

His heart hasn't been in it for 6 months and that's what he was getting by on. Very limited player who had a great run on the back of being full of confidence and working hard.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the team on Monday. Thanks for last year Ben, we'll always have the memories of being fired to 8th place in the league...

Hes always been a confidence player and that disappeared a while ago when he started missing chances he was normally banging in.  

They managed to drill out of him what little he had when he first arrived with some odd use of such a marquee signing almost like they knew they'd ballsed up.  Then he gets a bit more strength about him and goes to a new environment abroad and suddenly he's up for it and starts scoring so becomes a Diaz.

Gone back to square one the second half of this season though he seemed to just lose faith in himself and of course as the season wore on he's playing not to get injured.  

Good luck to him i hope he does well wherever he goes it was a good story for a while but somehow if he leaves the championship i expect he'll be back in it before very long.

• Like 1