BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some fans have turned again him tonight. 

Few boos at the start of the game in BBE 

His work rate has dropped and his decision maker recently has been so poor its like his head is elsewhere now

Previously I thought he was just playing bad, but last night was the first time I looked and thought “yeah, you don’t fancy this anymore”.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Time to bin him, not even use him as a sub for a game or two. His head has already gone and he's mentally made the move to his next club. It's not like he's scoring much in the last few months.

As soon as he said that he would not renew his contract with us he should have been dropped from the squad.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Tbf to Diaz I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Gallagher. This season he has double the goals (14/7) and assists (4/2) and last season over double the goals (22/9) with the same amount of assists (3). Even in 2020/21 Diaz only scored 1 less goal than Gallagher (7/8) and had 1 more assist. Keeping in mind also that BBD is 4 years younger than Gallagher, who should be in something like his "prime" now - although if this is it, lad has done very well to make a career out of football.

Whilst BBD's form has gone off a cliff in 2023, he's still our top scorer and one of our highest assist makers (only Dolan has more, with 6) - so what does that say about the rest of the team?

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Tbf to Diaz I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Gallagher. This season he has double the goals (14/7) and assists (4/2) and last season over double the goals (22/9) with the same amount of assists (3). Even in 2020/21 Diaz only scored 1 less goal than Gallagher (7/8) and had 1 more assist. Keeping in mind also that BBD is 4 years younger than Gallagher, who should be in something like his "prime" now - although if this is it, lad has done very well to make a career out of football.

Whilst BBD's form has gone off a cliff in 2023, he's still our top scorer and one of our highest assist makers (only Dolan has more, with 6) - so what does that say about the rest of the team?

I think it just reiterates what JDT has said all season - we don't have the players yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Hedges is significantly better on the ball than Gallagher and Brereton-Diaz.

He's better, got a good left foot....but it was said more in the context of what they contribute. The front four are supposed to create and score goals. Thy aren't very good at it at the moment. 

Hedges is L1/bottom end Championship player. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, J*B said:

I make that the fourth player in three years to stop trying once it became apparent they weren’t signing a new deal yet some fans still encourage keeping them in the previous transfer windows. 

Let’s be absolutely clear: If a player isn’t signing or being offered a new deal when they have 18 months left they MUST be sold. 

Rothwell, Armstrong and who was the other one? 

I have to agree with your last comments now we have the proper structure in DoF/head coach this will happen now. 

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Previously I thought he was just playing bad, but last night was the first time I looked and thought “yeah, you don’t fancy this anymore”.

Don;t think I can disagree there. Its shame he gone last this but if his move is done and sign to Villarreal just make it public and be honest to the Rovers fans who have supported and backed you

2 hours ago, rigger said:

As soon as he said that he would not renew his contract with us he should have been dropped from the squad.

20 years ago this would have happened but nowadays very rare happens

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have to agree with your last comments now we have the proper structure in DoF/head coach this will happen now. 

Don;t think I can disagree there. Its shame he gone last this but if his move is done and sign to Villarreal just make it public and be honest to the Rovers fans who have supported and backed you

That doesn't make it right though.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The new DOF makes no difference, it is the owners that turn down bids allowing them to run their deals down. Something you have strongly supported.

44 minutes ago, rigger said:

That doesn't make it right though.

its fair point

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The new DOF makes no difference, it is the owners that turn down bids allowing them to run their deals down. Something you have strongly supported.

Its will in the medium to long term cos have you have seen we are offering players new contracts which are being signed. 

We have debated and discussed the BBD Situation to death. I stand by it cos the offers wasn't acceptable enough. I have outlined my reasons several times. Would you like them again? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

its fair point

Its will in the medium to long term cos have you have seen we are offering players new contracts which are being signed. 

We have debated and discussed the BBD Situation to death. I stand by it cos the offers wasn't acceptable enough. I have outlined my reasons several times. Would you like them again? 

Not every player will be willing to sign a new deal though.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not every player will be willing to sign a new deal though.

Of course. What will Rovers do with JRC, Dolan and Gallagher if he doesn't sign a contract here given he will only have a year left on Their contract in the summer? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course. What will Rovers do with JRC, Dolan and Gallagher if he doesn't sign a contract here given he will only have a year left on Their contract in the summer? 

I wouldnt want Gallagher to sign one. The other 2 I think have 2 years with their option but they shouldn't be allowed to enter their final year.