BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

50k behave yourself. Every comment since the story broke has inflated his wages slowly but surely. We'll be at 100k before we know it.

Think you'll be surprised how much Middlesbrough players are on. He's not on 30k I can bet you that. He's been reported to be on 50k-60k per week

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Think you'll be surprised how much Middlesbrough players are on. He's not on 30k I can bet you that. He's been reported to be on 50k-60k per week

Oh look, it’s gone up by another 10k now!

• Like 2

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

By who? 

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

He's got 37 in 104 league games since his injury. If we did get him i'm sure he'd be at least a good option for us. I think for £10million and 40k a week i'm not sure I would go for him.

That’s a goal every 2.8 games which equates to over 16 games a season (playing in a Pulis team out of position).

Edited by JeffRover

We don't just want DG clones, and they are increasingly rare.

We have good footballers in Dack, Travis, Armstrong, Reed, Rothwell, Bennett. We can play on the deck, and should do more. Last few games we've put some very nice moves together..

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

• Like 4

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We don't just want DG clones, and they are increasingly rare.

We have good footballers in Dack, Travis, Armstrong, Reed, Rothwell, Bennett. We can play on the deck, and should do more. Last few games we've put some very nice moves together..

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Hasn’t Mowbray said in the not too recent past that he’s looking to evolve the team’s style of play? In that sense this signing would make perfect sense.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 1

Just now, JeffRover said:

Hasn’t Mowbray said in the not too recent past that he’s looking to evolve the team’s style of play. In that sense this signing would make perfect sense.

Neglected to mention Chapman too in the list of ballers.

Mowbray has been very public on wanting us to be 'more of a threat from open play'.

We become interested in a fast, powerful striker who has an exceptional record and we moan. I don't care if he's on 100k, if he's available, affordable and gets us promoted I'd give the bastard a statue next to Jack.

23 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

He's got 37 in 104 league games since his injury. If we did get him i'm sure he'd be at least a good option for us. I think for £10million and 40k a week i'm not sure I would go for him.

You say that as if it's poor. Let's not forget that at Boro he is mainly played out of position. Round it off as 40 in a 100 then, that's a 2.5 games to goal ratio. Wont find much better than that in this division over such a sample size. 

10 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Oh look, it’s gone up by another 10k now!

Think your confusing my comment for being negative. Everyone here is a Rovers fan myself included. Would I like a very prolific striker for this league at this club. Yes every day of the week.

That doesn't mean I think it will happen. I can't see how our manager who goes from signing players like Chapman and Brereton to this guy whose arguably in the top 3 prolific In this league.

How much do you think he's on? Our top earners are around 15k aren't they? Mulgrew, Dack, Evans and Graham? 

Britt was bought for big money at a club who spend big wages. I honestly can't see him being anywhere near our top earners. There's more chance he's on double at least.

Do I doubt the source. No. I don't think it's lies either but how will he fit? Unless it's a loan to buy with a 50/50 wage contribution then he will be on far more than any of our best players.

If he's on as high wages as I think and he brought in. How can the manager justify to his best players the difference in pay? 

• Like 2

The message board is on overdrive and there's nothing anywhere in the press or anything......don't let the truth get in the way though eh? :brfc:

I can't see this happening,  Imagine us beating Boro to a play off place by BA scoring the goals......they'd be crackers to inject their rival with a boost

If he's on as much cash at Middlesbrough as some are claiming and Pulis doesn't like him then it is obvious why they would be looking to get rid. If Pulis wants to make signings himself it's only logical he'll have to move some out to free up space and wages. Assombalonga isn't going to get a Premier League club, which leaves half a dozen or so Championship clubs who might need him and could afford him without causing major Ffp problems.

If it were to happen my money would be on us loaning him until the summer whilst paying a large chunk of his wages. Gets him out of Pulis way for 6 months, gets him playing games and retaining his value more than sitting on his backside at Middlesbrough, frees up a space for them to fill along with a wage and puts him in the shop window. Everyone happy. Think it was a similar arrangement when Graham initially joined under Lambert. Venkys tend to be content to stack another few quid on the wage bill now and again, it's the lump sum cash they tend to avoid.

• Like 2

I'd definitely be very wary on the BA noise the club put a few smokescreens out last time allegedly chasing a few names whilst really they seemed to be working quietly on some other bits like getting AA permanent and a few nailed down to better contracts.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

I'd definitely be very wary on the BA noise the club put a few smokescreens out last time allegedly chasing a few names whilst really they seemed to be working quietly on some other bits like getting AA permanent and a few nailed down to better contracts.

I do like the way that we've being doing our business in recent windows. Much cannier than we have been.

Not quite the "we've just signed Craig Bellamy. Surprise!", approach of Williams et al, but still impressive in this day and age. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You say that as if it's poor. Let's not forget that at Boro he is mainly played out of position. Round it off as 40 in a 100 then, that's a 2.5 games to goal ratio. Wont find much better than that in this division over such a sample size. 

I genuinely don't think that its poor, I just think with his large wages (1million a week and rising if other posters are to be believed!) and what i've heard about his previous injury it's worth it. Also we need a forward who can offer something more than just goals (don't fancy a repeat of the Rhodes debates)

it's only the last few months that Pulis has been playing him out wide from what I can gather.

The Assombalonga one is so random and goes against the norm in terms of the player and finances under Mowbray that it is very hard to see happening. Gallagher on the other hand ticks every box going in the Mowbray transfer checklist. Young, English, past working relationship, plenty of time and scope to grow in value. That one I can see happening and to be honest I'd be quite happy with that. 

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Love to see Rovers spending money, but I think Gallagher on loan with option and Chapman on permanent is good enough business. Blasting 10m plus wages on BA is pretty scary, but I might just be having Brereton nightmares.

Can't see Gallagher propelling us into the playoffs really.

The lad from Boro just might. I'd love us to go for him. Think big.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Assombalonga one is so random and goes against the norm in terms of the player and finances under Mowbray that it is very hard to see happening. Gallagher on the other hand ticks every box going in the Mowbray transfer checklist. Young, English, past working relationship, plenty of time and scope to grow in value. That one I can see happening and to be honest I'd be quite happy with that. 

Wide striker as well, been before and continually linked, holidayed with some of our lot in the summer, oh also agent connections supposedly as well.

Got to be a goer that one and TM wouldn't have to alter anything to accommodate him.

• Like 1

I don’t know much about BA, no doubt a quality player, id just be worried about bringing someone in on £60k/£70k a week -higher than even our best players -because it is going to upset the spirit we have in the squad.

53 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Only Rovers fans could be unsure about the possibility of signing arguably the league’s best striker!  We’re a special bunch aren’t we!

Not the league best striker? How many goals this season compare to Roofe, Sharp and Gayle? 

My major issue with the ba link is this- the lad is 26 now, having spent just about all his career in the championship, I imagine following his big money move to boro his next progression is premiership, is he really going to come to us for his best footballing years knowing we are at least 2-3 seasons from being premiership ready. With all due respect to us, he has a much bigger chance of getting to the prem with boro. 

Dont get me wrong, I have looked on envious of both boro and forest having him, I think he is a fantastic player I just don’t see his motivation for coming to us other than perhaps an end of the season loan if boro aren’t going to play him to put himself in the shop window for a prem move in the summer. 

But hey listen it hasn’t half made me jump into rovers news every couple of hours just in case, even being suggested to a player of that calibre again is positive. 

I can see chapman and Gallagher by Thursday night, which I shouldn’t really be disappointed about