BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

My major issue with the ba link is this- the lad is 26 now, having spent just about all his career in the championship, I imagine following his big money move to boro his next progression is premiership, is he really going to come to us for his best footballing years knowing we are at least 2-3 seasons from being premiership ready. With all due respect to us, he has a much bigger chance of getting to the prem with boro. 

Dont get me wrong, I have looked on envious of both boro and forest having him, I think he is a fantastic player I just don’t see his motivation for coming to us other than perhaps an end of the season loan if boro aren’t going to play him to put himself in the shop window for a prem move in the summer. 

But hey listen it hasn’t half made me jump into rovers news every couple of hours just in case, even being suggested to a player of that calibre again is positive. 

I can see chapman and Gallagher by Thursday night, which I shouldn’t really be disappointed about 

I could foresee a loan to buy. We'd have a good chance at the playoffs with him onboard. Then we sign him for his prem move, or we don't.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Can somebody remove that bloody weed/bush that's growing out of the wall behinds Jack's head ! I thought they were respecting his memory.

Is it a Network Rail buddleia ? 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Your probably right, I’d be amazed simply amazed if it was anything more than a short term thing, I’d still be delighted with that, ifffff it were to come to fruition 

Yeah still not getting my hopes up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Nothing ventured...

We could afford his 100k a week until the end of the season.

I dunno. I'm gonna assume 4 months is basically 16 weeks for simplicity. 16 weeks at 130k per week is over 2 million. And then the 16 yachts too. Could cripple us.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Pulis is happy to get rid of BA. I would, however, be surprised if we are willing to spend 10m on a player, but then again I was shocked we spent 7m on a player in the summer. The purse string seem to get loosened at the end of the window by Venkys so you never know. I think it's inevitable that Dack will leave in the summer so it may be a case of spending the money now if BA has been, unexpectedly, made available in the last few days. The big stumbling block would be the wages as I don't think TM would be willing to upset the dressing room by paying one player way more than everyone else. 

There is probably something in this other than just being a rumour but I still can't see it coming to fruition. 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Why on earth would Boro loan him to rival??

Probably don’t see us as a rival?

Pulis will think as soon as he gets Jan Koller in or someone with that wage that they’ll piss the league.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Why on earth would Boro loan him to rival??

Are you just swapping between accounts posting the same question or something?

31 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Can't see Gallagher propelling us into the playoffs really.

The lad from Boro just might. I'd love us to go for him. Think big.

This. We'll be going nowhere if we sign Gallagher imo. And he won't be particularly cheap either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffRover said:

Only Rovers fans could be unsure about the possibility of signing arguably the league’s best striker!  We’re a special bunch aren’t we!

I can't quite put my finger on why I'd feel a little uneasy about the signing either, but perhaps because what we're building at the moment seems very organic. This feels like a bolt from the blue (not saying thats a bad thing) and our recent track record (Brereton) still leave a bit to be desired.

Plus if we're honest, we've been the ones selling over-hyped, over-paid Championship strikers for big money, and done the right thing each time. See Gestede and Rhodes.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Probably don’t see us as a rival?

Pulis will think as soon as he gets Jan Koller in or someone with that wage that they’ll piss the league.

They’d get a few more in than just him pal. There’d be £76million freed up in wages alone.