BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Stuart said:

He is definitely past his best but would be be someone who might push Raya?

1B29AB35-A743-4C98-BC94-72D88490598E.jpeg

Can't see us affording him, or beating top flight (?) clubs from those leagues to him. For what I expect he'd want in wages, I doubt he'd be worth it even if we could.

That would be bad, as the Dingles would also mock us for taking their cast-offs.

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Can't see us affording him, or beating top flight (?) clubs from those leagues to him. For what I expect he'd want in wages, I doubt he'd be worth it even if we could.

That would be bad, as the Dingles would also mock us for taking their cast-offs.

Free transfer so only the wages to worry about. Would Rodwell be on less?

I've never rated Hart at all he's probably not as good as serial cock up artist David James as inbetween his flaps James was decent.

There's surely a steady experienced keeper out there somewhere who can provide proper competition to Raya without coming with a big time rep and wages. 

Joe Hart should head to Scotland he'd be ok up there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Free transfer so only the wages to worry about. Would Rodwell be on less?

I know he's free, that's why I said for what he'd want in wages. Yes, I'm sure Rodwell will be on far less. His career was pretty much finished. I know Hart is finished as a Premiership keeper, but Rodwell had already failed to impress in the Championship, dropped to League One, had an awful injury record, wanted to be played in a different position...he was in absolutely no position to demand big money. It's the only reason we got him.

Hart was moving for 3.5 million just a year ago, and has interest from France, Spain and Italy. It's a calibre of signing that would be right for us in that area right now, so in that sense it's a good shout (though he does have huge question marks over him, probably a busted flush), but I think we can file this one under unfeasible. He will go where he is paid the most - that won't be here.

In fairness, I seem to remember thinking there was no way we could get Rodwell because of the wages, so I could be wrong. I don't believe I am on this one though, when you look at all the factors it makes sense we were able to get Rodwell fairly cheaply.

Edited by bluebruce

6 hours ago, Commondore said:

Maybe I'm being thick, but do we really have a history of missing out on talent that flourishes elsewhere? Recently I can't think of anyone besides O'Connell, and historically maybe Shay Given? But that's just off the top of my head though, who am I not thinking of?  

King and cairney 

10 hours ago, Commondore said:

Maybe I'm being thick, but do we really have a history of missing out on talent that flourishes elsewhere? Recently I can't think of anyone besides O'Connell, and historically maybe Shay Given? But that's just off the top of my head though, who am I not thinking of?  

Reedy

• Backroom

Hart would probably be okay in the Championship but his big-time charlie act combined with what would probably be pretty hefty wage demands at this level means it's a pass from me. I'd rather our wage budget was distributed a little better. Having Joe Hart between the sticks isn't going to change that much - having a new left back, centre back and striker on the other hand would hugely improve us. 

• Like 2

Whatever Dack's transfer value was, it halved last night v Norwich.

Also shifted my position on Rodwell. Doesn't have the mobility and heft needed for a Championship promotion push. 

Need more of a commanding presence in defensive midfield.

• Like 3

Really hope we don’t go for Frank Fielding again. Another smallish, average at best championship keeper. Raya is probably better.

We need to bring a keeper in but not Bristol City’s third choice. So many better options out there.

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17602858.norwich-city-2-blackburn-rovers-1-match-verdict/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Norwich have gone from mid-table to top spot after spending only £6m in the summer. 

Lots of pressure on Mowbray to get his recruitment right this summer or I'd imagine he'll be out on his ear come October/November if the results are bad. 

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Whatever Dack's transfer value was, it halved last night v Norwich.

Also shifted my position on Rodwell. Doesn't have the mobility and heft needed for a Championship promotion push. 

Need more of a commanding presence in defensive midfield.

Spot on about Rodwell if we signed him up to a good contract and he was starting every game in the middle next season it wouldn't be 5 mins before people were all over it moaning.

Obvious quality on the ball but he just doesn't have the legs for that job week in week out that's why he's ended up as a Championship reserve centre back in the first place. Like Mulgrew he's a luxury player, great to have in the squad but how many can you carry when the wages may be better elsewhere ?

We need a proper midfielder and have for years alongside a proper centre half and target man - right down the spine of the team and try and cut out the soft underbelly that's plagued us for years.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Obvious quality on the ball but he just doesn't have the legs for that job week in week out that's why he's ended up as a Championship reserve centre back in the first place. Like Mulgrew he's a luxury player, great to have in the squad but how many can you carry when the wages may be better elsewhere ?

Spot on. Rodwell was an utter disgrace for one of their goals, he was out of position out wide and made no attempt to get back in position and try and stop their lad from shooting. The least you'd expect is a bit of running. At least Mulgrew cares. Rodwell can FO. 

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Spot on. Rodwell was an utter disgrace for one of their goals, he was out of position out wide and made no attempt to get back in position and try and stop their lad from shooting. The least you'd expect is a bit of running. At least Mulgrew cares. Rodwell can FO. 

Born winners and grafters we need not ones who look like they are doing you a favour turning out for you.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'd get that Hiwula from Coventry.  Looks a player.

Probably on loan from a larger team

I’d rather have Marquis from Donny. Scored a lot of goals over the last three years for them. Can play the Graham role but is a lot more mobile than DG also, good player. 

• Like 1

Anyone else think Dack is off in the summer and the club are happy to facilitate it? I'm just thinking of the Mowbray quotes at the Fans Forum about him being sold to create a transfer fund and Dacks performances since.

Reminds me of when Lambert went out of his way to sell Rhodes.