BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eugh, that list doesn't excite me at all. It doesn't scream "promotion challenge". I would take Bauer and that's it. The others would be on pretty hefty wages and/or have bad injury records, Tommie Hoban makes Chapman look positively robust!  

That was really my point. I think if the owners go down the aforementioned “Path 2” then that’s the type of business I can see being done.

The saving grace is though, you could take the team we have now, cut the slack out, and still finish mid-table next season. 

Just depends on Venky’s ambition.

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

5m for an attacking midfielder with 14 goals and 7 assists? Behave.

Behave?

I see a player who, IMO, has suffered a chronic loss of form and is physically and mentally unfit.

As with Jordan Rhodes, I think a lack of pace will prevent Dack progressing much further 

At this point in time, I would bite off any hand offering £5m.

Just now, Mercer said:

Behave?

I see a player who, IMO, has suffered a chronic loss of form and is physically and mentally unfit.

As with Jordan Rhodes, I think a lack of pace will prevent Dack progressing much further 

That last sentence is absolutely comical 

#bringbackthelaughteremoji

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Behave?

Your opinion is subjective but more than 20 direct goal contributions suggest that he has done something right and is worth more than 5m which buys precious little in the current transfer market.

Players far better than Dack perform regularly at the top level without much pace.

Im glad you arent in charge.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

£5m might get you his luscious locks. Nothing more.

In all seriousness Dack’s got 17 goals 9 assists (I think) this season, most of those in the league. With his age and contract time remaining, you surely can’t honestly say he’s worth £5m or less to Rovers in this market?

Edited by Don Said
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That last sentence is absolutely comical 

#bringbackthelaughteremoji

Really?

Don't think any recent scouting reports will read well.

You only need to read the comments on hereabouts Dack following the Norwich match.

You can have all the ability in the world butility if a player'so attitude isn't right!?!?

Can't see too many, if any, managers rushing to see their CEO this morning asking to sanction an outlay of £15m+ on Dack over 4 years (fee, wages & NI).

Just now, Mercer said:

Really?

Don't think any recent scouting reports will read well.

You only need to read the comments on hereabouts Dack following the Norwich match.

You can have all the ability in the world butility if a player'so attitude isn't right!?!?

Can't see too many, if any, managers rushing to see their CEO this morning asking to sanction an outlay of £15m+ on Dack over 4 years (fee, wages & NI).

I don't think he has reached anywhere near the heights he is capable of this season, but his goal and assists stats speak for themselves. That alone is worth 5 million. 

I agree there are issues of concern in his personal life, but I would hope that he knuckles down this summer and presents the best version of himself for pre-season.  

You can't teach what he has. 

However, no, I can't see anyone bidding 15 million plus for him this summer and I personally think that is great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Behave?

Really? £5m... that's the same as Tom Cairney's selling price. For reference, the year we sold him, he had nowhere near as many goal contributions.

£5 million ?    Really is the daftest shout ever right there !

Just how the hell in todays market do you replace someone of that talent for that money regardless of where his heads at ???

Skill wise he's the best footballer to put on blue and white for nearly a decade, yes he's inconsistent and easily distracted but you don't throw talent away like that without at first trying to squeeze every drop out of it you can. 

Only any serious bid around the 15 million mark should get the time of day, most of it upfront in one lump then they might actually buy some other players straight away !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Dacks value has plummeted maybe not to 5m but the guy was just making a point. 

If anyone offers 13m-16m its worth looking at, less than that its not worth selling those goals.

Although he stunk Carrow Road out on Saturday not for the first time away from home this season. 

• Like 3

His value has plummeted? According to who and since when?  Whatever about his form and I think there is a lot more to come, his value hasn't "plummeted" after scoring 14 goals and assisting 7 in his first season at this level. To suggest it has makes no sense. If anything his value probably wasn't as high as being suggested last summer. Talk of 25 million was pie in the sky. 

• Like 3

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Dacks value has plummeted maybe not to 5m but the guy was just making a point. 

If anyone offers 13m-16m its worth looking at, less than that its not worth selling those goals.

Although he stunk Carrow Road out on Saturday not for the first time away from home this season. 

Down to the boss though like I said early he shouldn't be immune to be being hooked off early when it's clear he isn't interested and a few extra Sunday morning training sessions wouldn't do him any harm either as regards fitness and keeping his mind on the job.

If he isn't really suited to starting away games against lively aggressive opposition then start someone else who'll close down from the front and bring him on later if need be. Treat him like a superstar (which he isn't) and he'll act like one.

Just now, tomphil said:

Down to the boss though like I said early he shouldn't be immune to be being hooked off early when it's clear he isn't interested and a few extra Sunday morning training sessions wouldn't do him any harm either as regards fitness and keeping his mind on the job.

If he isn't really suited to starting away games against lively aggressive opposition then start someone else who'll close down from the front and bring him on later if need be. Treat him like a superstar (which he isn't) and he'll act like one.

He certainly gave a good impression of a Billy Bigbollocks at Norwich on Saturday. Could you see him playing  for Norwich or Sheff Utd and poncing around like that ?

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He certainly gave a good impression of a Billy Bigbollocks at Norwich on Saturday. Could you see him playing  for Norwich or Sheff Utd and poncing around like that ?

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes but Mowbrays appears to have been more than accommodating towards him so if he's still here next season he needs the riot act reading to him once the window is shut.

Give him a target weight to be at and an expected fitness level then quite simply hit him in the pocket if he doesn't take it seriously.

This is where reserve team football is missed.

I still think there might be some injury related issue hampering him though as if he wanted away he'd surely be looking to bust a gut in a game like that live on the box.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

January

I’d say his value has gone up since then.

January is an inflated price market though, so I could see that as a potential reason. 

Crux for me though - his impact on games at this level over a season means his value will have only gone up since last summer, and considerably too! (As will his wages if we want to keep him)

12 minutes ago, Biz said:

I’d say his value has gone up since then.

January is an inflated price market though, so I could see that as a potential reason. 

Crux for me though - his impact on games at this level over a season means his value will have only gone up since last summer, and considerably too! (As will his wages if we want to keep him)

If they offer him out there will be clubs willing to pay £15m for him and prob double his wages.

Such a shame Mercer isn’t allowed to have an opinion without being jumped on by the usual suspects.

I can see where he is coming from. Dack is a superb League One player But is he a superb Championship one, let alone PL standard? Probably not, and he has the kind of social life that would be an instant turn off to most top managers.

Joe Lolley hasn’t cost anyone a million yet. 10 goals, 11 assists. (3 and 3 in 16 games last season).

Will Vaulkes at Rotherham has 7 goals and 7 assists. £5m? Nope, valued at less than £1m.

Alan Browne (11 and 4) £5m? You’d be laughed at.

In the PL era, £5m isn’t big bucks but you need a PL club to come in for them. I don’t imagine they are climbing over each other for Dack. Championship clubs aren’t spending big money. There is better value than Dack around if the asking price is north of £5m.

On his day, he can be amazing. He’s had about two of his days this season. Aside from that he has been in the right place at the right time on many occasions. Such a frustrating player when you think how good he could be.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2