BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Stoke City, 06/04/18, Ewood Park, 3pm Kick Off.

• Backroom
Just now, AAK said:

After all the club did for him when he could have been given a custodial sentence. Prick.

Edit; split with his mrs, nobhead get rid of him.

They'll be back together next week. The pair of them never seem to have gotten past the mental age of 15, and that might be generous. 

• Like 3

The man management of Dack is another negative for TM - like he needed more. 

The sad fact is a fair number of footballers are muppets, and there have always been difficult players to manage since football was invented. Good managers can do it. It seems this might be another skill that TM lacks. His treatment of Mulgrew and other senior players backs up this concern. 

I'm usually reasonable but I can't stop getting the feeling we are going to be closer to relegation than some think. QPR, Rotherham and in particular Wigan may be our saving graces.

I just wonder if Wigan were doing well would more people be critical of Mowbray. Things seem to have moved to "well Rotherham and wigan are doing worse" as if this somehow makes this run we are on not significant. 

Can anyone remember a manager go on a run like this and not get sacked? I can't to be honest. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

The man management of Dack is another negative for TM - like he needed more. 

The sad fact is a fair number of footballers are muppets, and there have always been difficult players to manage since football was invented. Good managers can do it. It seems this might be another skill that TM lacks. His treatment of Mulgrew and other senior players backs up this concern. 

Put simply what went on with Dack would not have happened under Mick Mcarthy or Warnock. 

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm usually reasonable but I can't stop getting the feeling we are going to be closer to relegation than some think. QPR, Rotherham and in particular Wigan may be our saving graces.

I just wonder if Wigan were doing well would more people be critical of Mowbray. Things seem to have moved to "well Rotherham and wigan are doing worse" as if this somehow makes this run we are on not significant. 

Can anyone remember a manager go on a run like this and not get sacked? I can't to be honest. 

John williams wouldnt have allowed it, however we now have tonys rent boy running things.

• Backroom

According to Mowbray Dack had a slight hamstring injury and wasn’t going to play; he also said he has no issue with him leaving before the game.

I don’t believe any of this, no mention of any injury on the team news pre game 

Just now, Tom said:

According to Mowbray Dack had a slight hamstring injury and wasn’t going to play; he also said he has no issue with him leaving before the game.

Ya, that's a lie. He wouldn't have just left if that was the case. 

Stop lying Tony 

26 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

9 defeats in 11. Wow Tony Mowbray, just wow!

We are about to enter the Kean phase. This is the point past where at any normal functioning club the manager would be asked to leave and a new manager brought in to assess the squad before the end of the season. Waggott is just as culpable as Venkys and I don’t expect him to do anything apart from plot the next way to increase ST prices and make it seem like he is doing us all a favour.

As it is, Mowbray will be allowed to carry on regardless and our only hope is that he will do the honourable thing (as he supposedly did at Coventry) and admit he is able to take us no further, and walk. Johnson would be no worse with this group until the end of the season.

He will not identify the right areas to strengthen because he can’t see what they are. But for Dack having a personal crisis, his team today would have been a nostalgic waltz down promotion lane. His failure to add quality to the squad this season in the right areas has been his undoing and he has been found out. This was summed up today when the MoM was announced as Lenihan instead of Rothwell (head and shoulders above everyone again) or Raya (on the strength of his two great saves). And Rothwell was tracking back and closing players down today too.

By the end of the game today our play was desperate. Lots of endeavour (panic really) with no end product and absolutely no idea what formation players were supposed to be playing in. It was chaos but there was certainly effort from the players - with no real shape or plan.

I can see why Mowbray doesn’t play Rothwell though. It’s because he is one of the only players whose immediate thought on the ball is to launch it up to Graham.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Comments like this make me wonder if TM is as "honest" as people say he is. Also even if true, don't a lot of clubs insist players stay and watch the game? (Could be wrong on this but am sure I read it somewhere.) No control over the senior players whatsoever. 

I am now in the Mowbray time to go camp.  I'd gladly have him as a senior figure at the club because he has dome a hell of a lot off the field, but on it we have been shocking.  Those players were really unfit, uninterested, the tactics were hoof it and hope and 2 wins from 11 isn't anywhere near good enough. An unacceptable performance.

• Backroom

Ya, that's a lie. He wouldn't have just left if that was the case. 

Stop lying Tony 

If he was never going to play and Tony thought it important to rest at home rather than watch the game why make him come to the game only to go again, it makes no sense 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Comments like this make me wonder if TM is as "honest" as people say he is. Also even if true, don't a lot of clubs insist players stay and watch the game? (Could be wrong on this but am sure I read it somewhere.) No control over the senior players whatsoever. 

He's readily admitted to letting the players manage and critique themselves in the dressing room, so yeah, I'd say he has very little authority. 

Our appalling run has lasted nearly a quarter of the season. in a 46 game season extrapolating our current form, and giving maximum points for the remaining 2 games, that would give us 22 points... (Or I'm really bad at maths!)  This is not a poor run of form, this is where the team is at. 

I think Mowbray’s position has become untenable but I think we will be safe with 47 points - just.

My bigger issue - although we are not yet mathematically safe - is that I don’t trust Mowbray to address our weaknesses.

Starting with Smallwood and Evans today sums him up. He has talked about loyalty to his team and picking certain players as an excuse for why we are where we are.

Then he carries on doing it...

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

If he was never going to play and Tony thought it important to rest at home rather than watch the game why make him come to the game only to go again, it makes no sense 

Not saying he's anywhere near on a level as those odious snakes but that is exactly the kind of comment with flawed logic that Coyle or Kean would make. 

Our appalling run has lasted nearly a quarter of the season. in a 46 game season extrapolating our current form, and giving maximum points for the remaining 2 games, that would give us 22 points... (Or I'm really bad at maths!)  This is not a poor run of form, this is where the team is at. 

Id say its lasted half a season since Preston away. Thank Christ we pulled those 4 wins out of nowhere in January otherwise we'd have been sunk.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

I am now in the Mowbray time to go camp.  I'd gladly have him as a senior figure at the club because he has dome a hell of a lot off the field, but on it we have been shocking.  Those players were really unfit, uninterested, the tactics were hoof it and hope and 2 wins from 11 isn't anywhere near good enough. An unacceptable performance.

*cough* 1 win and 1 draw from 11

Lee Johnson at Bristol City 2 years ago - a very similar situation to us, newly promoted, started the season very well and then went on a horrible run over about 15 games, only just staying up (at our expense) after looking like playoff contenders at one point. 

Lots of calls for him to be sacked by their fans, but the club stuck with him and they’ve improved each season and I imagine their fans are now glad they didn’t get what they were calling for. 

Let’s hope that in a couple of years we’re looking back on this current run in a similar way