BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray Out

Waggot Out

Can you name me one person that has the funds available to buy the club and its debt if it was put up for sale? and if this club goes into administration there will be no happy ending! the club would become history.

Sadly our best bet is rolling the managerial dice and hoping we eventually find a good en.

I can't see anyone of any worth taking on Blackburn Rovers and £140m of debt. Just asset strippers,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray Out

Waggot Out

Can you name me one person that has the funds available to buy the club and its debt if it was put up for sale? and if this club goes into administration there will be no happy ending! the club would become history.

Sadly our best bet is rolling the managerial dice and hoping we eventually find a good en.

I'll take that as a No then, which is the right answer, we have nobody at the club who could make a decent appointment, the last 10yrs proves that.

How many clubs of the stature of say, a Blackburn Rovers, have folded and 'become history' as you put it?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray Out

Waggot Out

Can you name me one person(that would have the clubs best interests at heart) that has the funds available to buy the club and its debt if it was put up for sale? and if this club goes into administration there will be no happy ending! the club would become history.

Sadly our best bet of stepping to the next level is by rolling the managerial dice and hoping we eventually find a good en. As for WankyWaggot and the other useless back room cronies they're all part of the same harem as Mowbray so all must go together.

Why would Venkys put the club into administration when most of debt is owed to them? Meaning they get nothing back money wise

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'll that that as a No then, which is the right answer, we have nobody at the club who could make a decent appointment, the last 10yrs proves that.

How many clubs of the stature of say, a Blackburn Rovers, have folded and 'become history' as you put it?

Sorry cock but I think you have a pretty romanticised view of our stature 😞 Look how long it took Leeds to claw their way back into the premiere league! and they're a far bigger and better supported City team (even if their fans are pure scum😄)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

24 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry cock but I think you have a pretty romanticised view of our stature 😞 Look how long it took Leeds to claw their way back into the premiere league! and they're a far bigger and better supported City team (even if their fans are pure scum😄)

I'll ask you again.

The reason why I ask is its the difference between putting up with the continued downgrading of the club or striving for something better.

If you truly believe Venkys are our only option thats an acceptable position to hold.

Edited by Gav

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Venkys put the club into administration when most of debt is owed to them? Meaning they get nothing back money wise

I don't think they'll do that certainly not in the near future although it could end up forced on them one day if they keep cocking up FFP.

As a side note to it they have removed the STC from the clubs books recently so they now own that themselves.

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'll ask you again.

The reason why I ask is its the difference between putting up with the continued downgrading of the club or striving for something better.

If you truly believe Venkys are our only option thats an acceptable position to hold.

By "history" I meant that (if we are lucky!)We'd just end up in a position where we would unlikely to ever even be able to compete above league 1 level again in my life time. If you'd be happy with that then great for you. 

Mowbray out

Waggot Out.

49 minutes ago, 47er said:

Hasn't the only sizeable asset just been sold?

I don’t know but we certainly have less sizeable assets. If Venkys decided to do a Ken Bates and sell us for a quid so it’s someone else’s problem then I can see vultures circling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

I don’t know but we certainly have less sizeable assets. If Venkys decided to do a Ken Bates and sell us for a quid so it’s someone else’s problem then I can see vultures circling.

Oh definitely I'm sure there'd be a few vultures and wishywashywanky bodged together consortiums  queuing up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

By "history" I meant that (if we are lucky!)We'd just end up in a position where we would unlikely to ever even be able to compete above league 1 level again in my life time. If you'd be happy with that then great for you. 

They could play on Pleasington playing fields for all I care, if these inept owners sod off I'll have 4 season tickets immediately. 

As long as we are being run by proper footballing people who give a toss about the club, the town and its supporters, thats good enough for me, at the moment we are dying by a thousand cuts and changing the manager and CEO won't change that, as the last 10yrs have shown us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

A bold, but unprovable statement, in a somewhat corrupt environment.

What absolute bunkum. Lets have the evidence you proclaim of a whole team set up to play a whole season with relegation the only aim!

I will factually accept individual rotten eggs making money across all sports but please !

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They are never going to get that money back Chaddy.

It’d be a monumental achievement if we had a top class manager, chairman and proper board structure and were sitting pretty in the Premier League.

£140m and counting.

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't think they'll do that certainly not in the near future although it could end up forced on them one day if they keep cocking up FFP.

As a side note to it they have removed the STC from the clubs books recently so they now own that themselves.

It makes not a single ounce of sense, they own the club and the debt!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

They could play on Pleasington playing fields for all I care, if these inept owners sod off I'll have 4 season tickets immediately. 

As long as we are being run by proper footballing people who give a toss about the club, the town and its supporters, thats good enough for me, at the moment we are dying by a thousand cuts and changing the manager and CEO won't change that, as the last 10yrs have shown us.

So what are you saying then? That we stick with Waggott & Mowbray until Venkys leave?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

hahahaha. well hooray for you!! 

Me personally... I would have no interest in a blackburn rovers 'playing on a pitch at pleasington' or anywhere else outside of the full time professional leagues. 

Mowbray Out

Waggot Out

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They own the club and all the assets that come with it so at ANY point they could have sold the STC

• Like 1

There is absolutely no evidence to support the thought the owners are planning on putting us into admin or selling the club 

If any of that was a remote possibility at this time then they wouldnt be trying to work around ffp by selling the STC.They would have taken the points deduction and the transfer embargo which would have given them an excuse if they had no plans to spend in the transfer market

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

So what are you saying then? That we stick with Waggott & Mowbray until Venkys leave?

My original point was getting rid of Mowbray and Waggott fixes nothing, the bigger picture must be to get rid of Venkys.

We've changed the manager 9 times in 10yrs, we've changed the CEO probably 5 times, it doesn't work, especially when we're using a small gene pool of washed up dregs owned by 1 agency. 

The longer these owners are here, the more damage they do.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You've not read what I wrote properly - I said as a whole, meaning the whole team and set up !

I read what you wrote and now you're rowing back faster than Redgrave and Pinsent.

When Blackburn Rovers 2011 was sold, its was a club sat 11th in Premiership, punching well above its weight, with a boardroom full of footballing people and an experienced manager and very good players. 

2yrs later we had no boardroom structure, we sat firmly in league 1 having sacked many good people that worked day to day at the club, we had crooks filling deep pockets and a visit to the old bailey under our belts.

Are you telling me that was setup for success? I'm telling you that was setup to fail and it did just that.

Edited by Gav