Jump to content

Supporters Consultation Meeting


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It was interesting when this came about in the meeting with Cheston who brushed it aside basically saying that all of the debt is Venkys and they’re happy to keep paying. Apparently have given verbal and written assurances that they are happy to keep funding the club. But also empathised with the fans re the £150m and gave the impression that Venkys obv don’t see it as a huge sum of money or anything to worry about...

You have more faith in the owners than I do and during their 9 years here they have shown that they are not exactly predictable. Also without promotion that debt is only going in one direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could people attending this meeting please raise with the club about having a match for Tony Parkes to raise funds for alzheimer's or make a match day Tony Parkes day and let him walk the teams out an

This isn’t intended as a thorough summary of the meeting, but here’s what I took away from it. This is from memory, not my notes, please consider this my observation and interpretations.   T

He's wasted plenty more money besides that as well. He gave Mulgrew a 2 year extension and since that extension began he has played just once. Smallwood was given a year extension and since that year

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You have more faith in the owners than I do and during their 9 years here they have shown that they are not exactly predictable. Also without promotion that debt is only going in one direction.

I have a feeling that they wouldn't  have a huge void in their lives, like a fan would, if the club suddenly went up in smoke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It was interesting when this came about in the meeting with Cheston who brushed it aside basically saying that all of the debt is Venkys and they’re happy to keep paying. Apparently have given verbal and written assurances that they are happy to keep funding the club. But also empathised with the fans re the £150m and gave the impression that Venkys obv don’t see it as a huge sum of money or anything to worry about...

He also said they have three separate audits that are undertaken but he didn't say who by. He also said the EFL are satisfied with the accounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, probably, sounds about right. 

Was a shite appointment, just pointing out that he did get sacked because of results eventually. 

Sacked (eventuellt) on the advice of Paul Senior who is no longer at the club having resigned... ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You have more faith in the owners than I do and during their 9 years here they have shown that they are not exactly predictable. Also without promotion that debt is only going in one direction.

I have no real faith either way mate. Just saying what Cheston said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

So the whole 'managers are judged on results' thing is nonsense? I'm confused.

Yes, you are confused. Because Kean was in fact sacked...when the owners decided that his results vs their support meant he was no longer suitable. Lots of managers survive relegation for lots of reasons...but they don’t survive indefinitely....unless their results pick up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was almost 10 years ago. Every manager since was sacked due to bad results. Do you want to go back any further to try and make a silly point? 

Yes, 10 years ago under yet under our same dear owners, that's the point champ. Do you call all points that prove you wrong silly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, you are confused. Because Kean was in fact sacked...when the owners decided that his results vs their support meant he was no longer suitable. Lots of managers survive relegation for lots of reasons...but they don’t survive indefinitely....unless their results pick up.

Kean resigned;

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2012/september/steve-kean-resigns/

When did you start supporting Rovers?

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

I have no real faith either way mate. Just saying what Cheston said.

I think that is the issue, Paul.

The people that represent Rovers in these meetings seem to do their best to answer questions, but they are only minions in this bizarre scheme of things.

Mostly, I think they all come across as decent people. Cheston, you could argue, was merely playing the company man in persistently refusing to disclose what went on over the Warnock/ Coyle thing, while he was on holiday. However, as this was a particularly crucial, costly decision, I do see that refusal as dishonest.

We know Suhail is a key person-said to be the direct link to Venky's-and he has never deigned to attend.

The Raos, meanwhile,  remain remote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Kean resigned;

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2012/september/steve-kean-resigns/

When did you start supporting Rovers?

I think he claimed constructive dismissal. He jumped when he and Anderson thought they could extract a pay- off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was almost 10 years ago. Every manager since was sacked due to bad results. Do you want to go back any further to try and make a silly point? 

Again, you also have to ask why were these managers were appointed in the first place?

To win promotion? Come on!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

 

Is it any wonder @Paul Mani didn't want to share his private conversations from the session here? 

All that it would lead to is sniping that serves no purpose other than wasting a few seconds of everyone's time whilst trying to read some substantial and meaningful content from the session. 

No snipes at all! I'm just saying the money invested in transfers so far hasn't been great or paid off? 

Thought this was a message board? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I answered a question honestly. Like I said, other people in the room were in the same boat but didn’t fancy the hassle. Again, I’ve been consistent and open about it publicly for a long time. Did I stand up, or was that an exaggeration for effect? 

Yes, I’m sure Jonty or someone else would shower you with tickets. But your 0.005% of Brereton’s fee a year is a small price for the particular piece of moral high ground you like to stand on.

If you're boycotting and refusing to pay money to help the club, what are you doing at a "supporter's" consultation meeting?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bank Top Blue said:

If you're boycotting and refusing to pay money to help the club, what are you doing at a "supporter's" consultation meeting?

Should these meetings be only consisting of ‘Rovers ra ra ra’ season ticket holders or a cross section of the fanbase that includes lapsed/disillusioned supporters?

Wouldn’t the later be more helpful to the club when it comes to engagement and future strategies to get folk back through the door?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Yes, 10 years ago under yet under our same dear owners, that's the point champ. Do you call all points that prove you wrong silly?

They have sacked every manager since for poor results. Do you always use the example of the outlier to prove your point? Because that's a flawed starting point for your arguement. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Kean resigned;

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2012/september/steve-kean-resigns/

When did you start supporting Rovers?

Hahahahah - omg....you think Kean resigned? He was pushed HARD. In fact I’m pretty sure it was reported that he tried to sue Rovers over that?

Bit awkward for you regarding the “when did you start supporting Rovers” chat...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J*B unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.