BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The outside forwards, or wingers, rarely swapped wings.  Most players played in their zones but the centre forward would still run the channels in an attempt to evade the centre half. Inside forwards would interchange from time to time. Obviously the wing half would follow the inside forward he was marking.

Regarding gloves, I think that was in the 1960’s. As far as I know there was no rule to prevent it at any time. The first one I remember was Sepp Maier the German keeper who wore comically big gloves.

Thank you again 👍

On 29/06/2023 at 09:50, renrag said:

Slightly disagree on Finney Tyrone! He wasn’t up with the best - (to quote TT) he simply was the best. I’ve never seen a better British player, and that includes George Best.

“Tom Finney would have been great in any team, in any match and in any age, even if he had been wearing an overcoat.”
Bill Shankly
Former PNE Player and Liverpool Manager
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

How many fans have nipped into The Hake Boat for fish n chips after a game?

Here is a fabulous picture from 1963:

414729533.article-962.jpg

Just after getting coach travel ticket from the Ribblesdale office a few of doors nearer the Bouly

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 16:09, broadsword said:

Think he does hospitality for the club. At least he did.

I'm glad Derek is in good health

Loved Faz, just got on with it, unceremoniously did his job week in week out.  

• Like 1

A random game which brings back memories for me:

I remember being at a packed snooker club, during this game, watching United v Spurs, the one where Cole lobs the keeper and they win the title.

Anyway, goal flash appears on the screen during the first half:

"Newcastle 0-1 Blackburn. Jason Wilcox".

Cue a big cheer, the only cheer, in the whole room from a young me and everybody breaking out in laughter.

I hope the Glazers make a u-turn and call off this proposed sale. The bastards. Them and the Glazers.

9 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

A random game which brings back memories for me:

I remember being at a packed snooker club, during this game, watching United v Spurs, the one where Cole lobs the keeper and they win the title.

Anyway, goal flash appears on the screen during the first half:

"Newcastle 0-1 Blackburn. Jason Wilcox".

Cue a big cheer, the only cheer, in the whole room from a young me and everybody breaking out in laughter.

I hope the Glazers make a u-turn and call off this proposed sale. The bastards. Them and the Glazers.

Ha exactly same thing happened to me 😂

the defending in that clip was appalling.

I hope the glazers go full venkys and just shelve them

• Like 2

I'm sure many fans walked through Mill Hill back in 50's on route to Ewood. 

Here is a great picture on New Chapel Street, what was the grand building with the clock? Why was that knocked down? 

mill hill.jpg

• Like 1

To be fair it was probably unfathomable at the time.

Some absolutely crucial pieces of history and culture have been destroyed in Britain. Up near the top of the list has to be demolishing the Cavern Club to build an air vent.

Still going on today, prime peices of culture being destroyed and turned into flats.

All driven by inept, souless people with no personality and nothing to offer who see no value in anything that doesn't have a dollar sign on it.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

They had a vote in Manchester Council in the early 1970’s wether they should demolish Manchester Town Hall and replace it with a multi storey car park. The Town Hall only survived by one vote !

You’re right about the Cavern, the air vent was to be for a branch of the underground that never got built. So they demolished it for nothing.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2023 at 20:23, SuperBrfc said:

Every Rovers goal at Anfield since 1992.

Get us back in the Prem, JDT. Not won at Anfield in the League since 1993. We have unfinished business!

Imagine you'd told fans in 1995 as we celebrated the title that our next goal at Anfield would be a cup game as we struggle in mid-table the league below? 

58 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Imagine you'd told fans in 1995 as we celebrated the title that our next goal at Anfield would be a cup game as we struggle in mid-table the league below? 

In just five years time too. It would have been unfathomable to imagine back then.

Just goes to show how quickly things can change. Leicester in League One in 2009, then seven years later...

I think we might see something good again soon, after 12 years of nothingness. Not the Premier League title, obviously. But something good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

In just five years time too. It would have been unfathomable to imagine back then.

Just goes to show how quickly things can change. Leicester in League One in 2009, then seven years later...

I think we might see something good again soon, after 12 years of nothingness. Not the Premier League title, obviously. But something good.

Season ticket prices at a reasonable level ?

37 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Second season running where we got a 90th minute equaliser at the Reebok.

Souness down the touchline to celebrate that one if I recall? Also do not remember that with Friedel and the ball boy at all 😄

• Like 1