BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who moans about that? The thing with the 4 players that you mention, is that the first has played about 10 League games for the club, predominantly at full back. Chapman has massive question marks and has made one League start for us 3 years ago, the other 2 have 20 minutes of senior football between them.

We have Dack (who may struggle playing in a front 3, and a player you keep saying might not be the same player) and Armstrong who we know can score goals. Gallagher and Brereton too who are senior options but despite the giddiness over the latter getting a couple of (nicely taken) goals against Blackpools second string, have previously not shown that they are up to it. But even if we count all 4 of them as senior options who we are happy with, one of whom starts the season injured, beyond that its all question marks or totally untested kids.

For some reason, you dont seem to realise that we could add a player to potentially play in the wide areas, maybe even a loan, someone who has shown competence at senior level, without totally blocking the pathway to the kids, but equally without being reliant on them coming through otherwise if they arent ready then we are looking incredibly light. We are supposedly going for promotion. If the front 3 v Bournemouth is Armstrong, Gallagher and Brereton and we need a goal later on, who is beyond that who we can bank on?

As it is, if we did sign an attacking player, you would be right behind the signing regardless so little point in continuing.

Of course. Its not a pure indicator, plus for a start, Gent regularly dominate so might be more scope to lose concentration.

I will judge on his displays in a Rovers shirt like anyone else, always have done, but just trying to add a bit of meat to the bones regarding a totally unknown player.

Scroll past and dont comment chaddy if you have no interest.

I do scroll past every time but my comments that you placed far too emphasis on other teams fans opinions on players who has left them. You never learn from last summer fans opinions. 

And the only way these players will get more experience by playing them and not blocking their pathway by signing another squad player even on loan. Give them a chance. Of course you are blocking their pathway if you can just signing squad players. We have enough players in the final third. We need to sign 3 defenders and back up keeper. and I wouldn't be happy if we sign another attacking player as I feel we have enough in that area at the present time. If we lose a couple to injury then revisit the situation but we have enough. Use our Talent players

We sort out Dack role when he is fit enough to play for 1st team not now when you is weeks away from playing regular for us. He might have to adapt his game to suit the team. 

You can't bank on anyone. You moan game after game about Chapman not being a chance and now you want to winger to block his way into the team by signing another wide player. How strange and weird is that? So which one is it? Give Rankin Costello and Chapman a chance for that wide left role or block their path. I think with the talent youngsters we have got currently why not give them the perfect opportunity to play football in the 1st team

I have said how I would set up for the front 3 against Bournemouth which doesn't include Gallagher from the start

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

You have a ‘friend’ from literally every club in the world and use their opinion to reference players on a regular basis 

so wrong Thomas. Have a few friends who support other football teams. Nothing wrong with that

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do scroll past every time but my comments that you placed far too emphasis on other teams fans opinions on players who has left them. You never learn from last summer fans opinions. 

And the only way these players will get more experience by playing them and not blocking their pathway by signing another squad player even on loan. Give them a chance. Of course you are blocking their pathway if you can just signing squad players. We have enough players in the final third. We need to sign 3 defenders and back up keeper. and I wouldn't be happy if we sign another attacking player as I feel we have enough in that area at the present time. If we lose a couple to injury then revisit the situation but we have enough. Use our Talent players

We sort out Dack role when he is fit enough to play for 1st team not now when you is weeks away from playing regular for us. He might have to adapt his game to suit the team. 

You can't bank on anyone. You moan game after game about Chapman not being a chance and now you want to winger to block his way into the team. How strange and weird is that? So which one is it? Give Rankin Costello and Chapman a chance for that wide left role or block their path. 

so wrong Thomas. Have a few friends who support other football teams. Nothing wrong with that

I always say that I am aware of examples of players being better at certain clubs than other clubs and I will judge in a Rovers shirt but I personally (as are others) am interested to know more about players we sign especially when I had never heard of them prior. You cant comprehend that I can take these opinions on board yet still seperate them from my own judgement which I obviously havent made yet. Just please scroll past.

I am unconvinced that Chapman is the answer. The reason that I kept asking him to play is because we had Gallagher and Brereton clearly incapable of playing wide bumbling up and down, we had Rothwell flattering to deceive, we had Holtby not suited there, and a natural winger gathering dust. I have repeatedly asked for a wide player and ultimately if Chapman impressed then there is no reason why he could work in harmony with a new wide men but I feel that we are really lacking in senior attacking threats and I would like one more going into a season in which we want the top 6. If a Dolan or a Vale comes through aswell, perfect, if they arent ready, not a problem.

As Tom says you seem to know someone who supports every club in the football league so its only when it suits.

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yes but the wages of the players who departed won't just be added up and given to Mowbray so he can spend on this goalkeeper either, they would have been paid over the season.

Agree with the point you are making about people signing up just to make digs.

Of course not but if and as usual it's all ifs but if the football budget is similar to last season those not being retained added up might equate to a million quid. This keeper and his signing and wages for a season might add up to a similar amount so it's easy to get signed off.

All assumption obviously but that's how it gets done when you are on the breadline. Hopefully we aren't and further cash buys will show there is a bit of an extra pot to invest.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just please scroll past.

I am unconvinced that Chapman is the answer. The reason that I kept asking him to play is because we had Gallagher and Brereton clearly incapable of playing wide bumbling up and down, we had Rothwell flattering to deceive, we had Holtby not suited there, and a natural winger gathering dust. I have repeatedly asked for a wide player and ultimately if Chapman impressed then there is no reason why he could work in harmony with a new wide men but I feel that we are really lacking in senior attacking threats and I would like one more going into a season in which we want the top 6. If a Dolan or a Vale comes through aswell, perfect, if they arent ready, not a problem.

As Tom says you seem to know someone who supports every club in the football league so its only when it suits.

I do scroll every time. Another one of false claims thats I know someone who supports every club. But when you work outside of Blackburn/East Lancashire like I have done in the past 10 years you meet and talk to different team football fans and have discussions with them

But unless you play Chapman or Rankin Costello you will never know. So why keep signings more squad players when we might have that player already in the squad that is the answer, he just needs proper game time. Why keep signings players for the sake of it. But you won't get a Dolan or Vale coming through if you block their path by signing another squad player. 

On Chapman, you keep mentioning so much, you came across that he was the answer the wide problem when in fact you are unconvinced despite several of people on here who seen his performances for the Under 23's were reporting on here that he wasn't performing good enough or had a poor attitude 

We have Armstrong or Gallagher or Brereton or Vale who can for the 9 role. wide right role we have Brereton, Rothwell, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Butterworth, Dolan. Would you not concede that we have enough players for those 3 forward roles. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do scroll every time. Another one of false claims thats I know someone who supports every club. But when you work outside of Blackburn/East Lancashire like I have done in the past 10 years you meet and talk to different team football fans and have discussions with them

But unless you play Chapman or Rankin Costello you will never know. So why keep signings more squad players when we might/have that player already in the squad that is the answer. Why keep signings players for the sake of it. But you won't get a Dolan or Vale coming through if you block their path. 

We have Armstrong or Gallagher or Brereton or Vale who can for the 9 role. wide right role we have Brereton, Rothwell, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Butterworth, Dolan. Would you not concede that we have enough players for those 3 forward roles. 

I am not suggesting signing a squad player, ideally I would want a player very much pushing to play every week.

We have enough bodies for any position if you just reel off every single youngster at the club! 

My point is in terms of players that we know can contribute, we have 2 and 1 is injured! Even if you factored in Gallagher and Brereton, that is for. Signing one more wide player would not totally eradicate any possibility of the other players breaking through, but equally at the moment I do not feel that we have enough players within that forward line to feel confident about, especially with the aim of going for the top 6.

Assuming that we started Armstrong, Brereton and Gallagher on the opening day, say we need a goal. Do I think for a top 6 side, that Mowbray turning to his bench and seeing Rankin Costello (if hes not needed elsewhere) Rothwell (has done very little and seems to be playing in the midfield 3 anyway) Chapman (has started 1 League game ever for Mowbray, plus big question marks) or the rest of the kids, Vale, Butterworth, Dolan etc (about 40 minutes of senior experience between them) can think "right I can be confident that we have some game changers here?" Definitely not. Chuck one more senior winger into the mix and I'd feel much more confident. And to imply that a solitary signing slams a door shut on any scope for kids to break through? Bollocks.

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Quite a few comments. Posted a couple of more positive ones too.

Just to clarify in case me sharing these comments underneath is twisted into me being negative, wanting him to fail etc. I am desperate for him to be a success, I know that there are various reasons why players have different experiences at different clubs and I will judge him as a Rovers player.

Doesn't look like we've got a John Filan/Alan Kelly, steady Eddie type. 

His youtube highlights show he has a penchant for the dramatic but some sharp reflexes.

Curious to see how he does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I still don't get why someone would bother signing up just to post sarcastic shit when we've no senior keepers and just spent a few hundred grand on one. It's a very welcome signing but at the same time it's an absolute necessity so the situation isn't to be laughed on.

Yes wages always come into it but are obviously spread over the contract and unlikely we are paying 500k in one go. I would think it's been pretty straightforwards to absorb this kind of signing so the next one will tell us far more about the finances.

The £500k we spent on him will probably be covered by the sale of Williams to Swansea, be interesting to see by the end of the window if we have had to sell a player to bring one in each time and we have a neutral cash spend. 

Budget must still be very tight as we didn't go to the £800k Charlton wanted for Phillips. Either Phillips wage demands were too high, or the budget is very tight with the 3-4 players we want to bring in. As a safer investment I think i would have paid the extra £300k for Phillips as he is experienced in the Championship and no acclimatization that is normally required for European players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phili said:

The £500k we spent on him will probably be covered by the sale of Williams to Swansea, be interesting to see by the end of the window if we have had to sell a player to bring one in each time and we have a neutral cash spend. 

Budget must still be very tight as we didn't go to the £800k Charlton wanted for Phillips. Either Phillips wage demands were too high, or the budget is very tight with the 3-4 players we want to bring in. As a safer investment I think i would have paid the extra £300k for Phillips as he is experienced in the Championship and no acclimatization that is normally required for European players.

You said last week we had no money to being in any players.

Just guesswork by you.Maybe wait and see what happens in regards to incomings and outgoings

And you have no idea if Phillips was a target or not, Kaminski been on the radar a while according to Mowbray

Edited by islander200

I never care much about reviews from old clubs. There are plenty of players that we've sold who would have had bad reviews but then went on to better things. Equally, there have been plenty of players who would have left with rave reviews, but who then went on to be flops. 

He should be judged on what he does once he starts here, not on what some Belgians on Twitter think. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You said last week we had no money to being in any players.

Just guesswork by you.Maybe wait and see what happens in regards to incomings and outgoings

And you have no idea if Phillips was a target or not, Kaminski been on the radar a while according to Mowbray

We are not at the end of the window yet, so let's see what the net transfer spend is at that point. I hope it is a positive transfer spend for us as i fear if we have sold any of the crown jewels we have no chance at making a promotion push this year which is what we all want. I also know that Venky's do not have a bottomless pit of money to spend on us, they normally spend £10-15m a year on us, last season it hit £20m with all of the testing required, this year at present it is looking in the £30m range. 

Also if Kaminski has been on the radar for so long why didn't we sign him up a few weeks ago, especially as we have known about his 2 week quarantine for a while. So he at least has some pre season with the defence and understands our tactics.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I never care much about reviews from old clubs. There are plenty of players that we've sold who would have had bad reviews but then went on to better things. Equally, there have been plenty of players who would have left with rave reviews, but who then went on to be flops. 

He should be judged on what he does once he starts here, not on what some Belgians on Twitter think. 

True, but fans do get it right sometimes.

Jason Lowe

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do scroll every time.

You don't though. If you scrolled past his posts every time you wouldn't be reading them, and we wouldn't all see you have loads of massive exchanges with him, every day, about virtually the same things. There's no point telling us that you scroll past his posts when we can all see for an absolute fact that you don't.

If you two find each other's views so objectionable, and don't like having the same circular arguments every day, please, for the sake of the rest of us, put each other on ignore or at least stop quoting each other.

Edit - as much as you do both contribute to the board in general, that is.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 9

Not convinced Kaminski is someone we have been chasing really - might have been on a list somewhere but he was bought for 2 mil a season and a half ago. Think him being transfer listed at a cheap price after his cock-kicking exploits sort of fell into our laps at the right time. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You don't though. If you scrolled past his posts every time you wouldn't be reading them, and we wouldn't all see you have loads of massive exchanges with him, every day, about virtually the same things. There's no point telling us that you scroll past his posts when we can all see for an absolute fact that you don't.

If you two find each other's views so objectionable, and don't like having the same circular arguments every day, please, for the sake of the rest of us, put each other on ignore or at least stop quoting each other.

Edit - as much as you do both contribute to the board in general, that is.

I did scroll but when there is so many screenshots of comments its pretty clear what their comments was about. Aint rocket science is it? ?

Me and him are discussing Rovers related issues so what's the problem. I like the poster but on some topics we disagree but discussed them in good honest open manner. isn't that what the forum is about? to discuss Rovers related issues

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, phili said:

We are not at the end of the window yet, so let's see what the net transfer spend is at that point. I hope it is a positive transfer spend for us as i fear if we have sold any of the crown jewels we have no chance at making a promotion push this year which is what we all want. I also know that Venky's do not have a bottomless pit of money to spend on us, they normally spend £10-15m a year on us, last season it hit £20m with all of the testing required, this year at present it is looking in the £30m range. 

Also if Kaminski has been on the radar for so long why didn't we sign him up a few weeks ago, especially as we have known about his 2 week quarantine for a while. So he at least has some pre season with the defence and understands our tactics.

Might be because he just became available? He started their first league game 9th of August. 

Phillips also has a mistake in him: 

1 hour ago, phili said:

When it was mentioned on here last week about Sharpe saying we were close to a goalkeeper, the reply by you was we had no budget and no money.Just speculation by you 

And as for the Kaminski deal all our transfers take an age to complete only have to look at the Tosin deal last year as the perfect example of that.

1 hour ago, phili said:

Did we definitely want Phillips though? I know he seemed like a good proposition to us on here but that doesn't mean we tried for him and couldn't afford him.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Please could you explain How is Thomas Kaminski not experience with over 300 league games and games in Belgium top division and last year Europa League?

Championship experience Chaddy.

In your thirst to be clever, you miss the obvious.

Got your refund yet?

Just now, Stuart said:

Championship experience Chaddy.

In your thirst to be clever, you miss the obvious.

Got your refund yet?

Doesn't matter. He got top flight experience and Europa Experience. Which is higher level then Championship surely?

Sent form off this afternoon 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Its a bit of a strawman argument this as no one has suggested that twitter opinions will take priority over their own opinions, or that the player wont be judged from his first fixture here.

It was merely a point of adding further information and opinions to the signing of someone that prior to a couple of weeks ago, no one had ever heard of. So it adds a bit of discussion to those who would like to discuss how he did at previous clubs and the opinions that their fans held.

I made it clear when sending them screenshots that I will judge him in a Rovers shirt, as I do with every single player that signs.

Ultimately, if it was strictly "no opinions can be shared until the player plays for us" then this thread is obsolete.

• Like 2