BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just watching Forest v Hudds. Why is they can take real corners and we can’t. Both teams are quicker, more urgent , more decisive than Rovers.

most likely because they practice them in training,decent set pieces can be worth 10+ goals a season

both sides are playing like we did before febuary,fast,forward passing and looking to get in behind teams,somehow we`ve gone back to the possesion based **** of last season,though not having a centre forward has`nt helped

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just watching Forest v Hudds. Why is they can take real corners and we can’t. Both teams are quicker, more urgent , more decisive than Rovers.

At the U18s last week, we seemed to concentrate more on sneaking the ball out of the corner D, than the quality of the actual cross.

Surridge leading the Forest front line well.

Forest have 2 goals from set pieces. We work from a different manual.

Good game.

Young Pearson gets an unexpected credit for not doing a dying swan act after that push and then getting a bit of afters albeit on the wrong player.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Surridge leading the Forest front line well.

Forest have 2 goals from set pieces. We work from a different manual.

Good game.

Young Pearson gets an unexpected credit for not doing a dying swan act after that push and then getting a bit of afters albeit on the wrong player.

They’re playing another game to us, it’s not fair. Are you allowed to run around like that ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

most likely because they practice them in training,decent set pieces can be worth 10+ goals a season

both sides are playing like we did before febuary,fast,forward passing and looking to get in behind teams,somehow we`ve gone back to the possesion based **** of last season,though not having a centre forward has`nt helped

We really havent. We have had at times marginally more of the ball but we certainly havent been dominating possession. Teams seem to be playing deeper against us.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forest have that Spence going outside on the right and banging the ball in every time. None of this left footer cutting back inside nonsense.

Brereton as a right footer has cut in from the left onto his right and scored 20 goals. Our wing backs are always on the right side like Spence is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We really havent. We have had at times marginally more of the ball but we certainly havent been dominating possession. Teams seem to be playing deeper against us.

Brereton as a right footer has cut in from the left onto his right and scored 20 goals. Our wing backs are always on the right side like Spence is.

I’m not talking about strikers. I’m talking about guys like Giles who are hugging the touch line yet insist on coming back inside every time. Spence is trying to get around the back of the defence all the time. It’d help if we had full backs with the pace Spence has though.

How many goals has Brererton scored like that this season ? 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

21 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What a bloody opportunity...if only we had someone who could put the ball in the back of the net.

Footie.JPG

Bang on.....with 10 games to go we only play 1 team in the Top 10 (Bournemouth at Home), compared to Huddersfield who have 5/10 against the Top 10.

Like you said it's a massive opportunity that hopefully we don't rue with results like Tuesday night.

Hopefully somebody can stick the ball in the net and we pick up 6 points from the next 2 at home! Unless we get that i'll still be nervy regardless of who we have to play.

image.png.55a0199831b377441e73aa05bf423315.png

• Like 1

Although Rovers could drop out of the playoff spots if each of the 3 below win their game in hand I find it remarkable that after scoring 3 goals in 12 games Rovers aren't mid table.  

I can't see goals coming any time soon either though, but teams can't score against Rovers either. More draws on the way.

That Sheffield Utd loss is looking worse by the week. 

6 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Although Rovers could drop out of the playoff spots if each of the 3 below win their game in hand I find it remarkable that after scoring 3 goals in 12 games Rovers aren't mid table.  

I can't see goals coming any time soon either though, but teams can't score against Rovers either. More draws on the way.

That Sheffield Utd loss is looking worse by the week. 

I agree that our lack of goalscoring is a massive worry, but some positives to consider before the international break.

i) Bristol City & Reading have absolutely woeful defensive records - with the exception of Peterbrough they've let in around 10 goals more than the next worst defence in the league. Derby admittedly are much more solid, but even they haven't kept an away clean sheet since November.

ii) Whilst it's unlikely that we'll start being as clinical as we should be at least until BBD is back, law of averages suggest that we won't carry on being as profligate as we have been either. If we had an exact replica of the QPR chances for instance, even a team which is being wasteful would expect to have bagged at least one or two more. 

Any team will score if you create enough chances, so even though I worry about our options until Ben comes back, I think we're well capable of scoring the goals we need to win the next three before the international break. After then, we'll be relying on Brereton and maybe Dack to take the chances that others have been missing.