BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RoversTV Returns

So regarding the EFL set the prices blurb +  on the Rovers TV site,  compared to Championship clubs on the ifollow* platform as of today, it seems ifollow clubs have early bird pricing as well as some non ifollow clubs, exceptions Rovers and Blackpool (not looked at every club just a random selection)

Rovers               A$319    = 170 GBP

Huddersfield   * A$ 236    =   125.34 GBP

Barnsley          * A$ 236   =  125 .34 GBP

Cardiff               A$264     =  140 GBP

Bristol City        A$264     =  140 GBP

Blackpool          A$319      = 170 GBP

Coventry          * A$236      = 125.34

+ In accordance with the EFL's pricing, this is now £170 for the season and will see supporters able to watch Rovers live in action on Saturdays and midweek fixtures.

Conversion to A$ done at today's rate , ifollow clubs set rate local currency pricing.

Edited by perthblue02

Just got another update.from EFL regarding my Pro Rata rebate as promised when River cut into my subscription.  Now they are , in simplified form, too busy, this is about 4 ir 5 emails now including.me fulfilling their request for screenshots of my bill.

Loosely out EFL has made the message.clear, Fuck iff your getting nowt,.on  principle I am hopping mad.

21 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am in a 'dark country' and I can't see a match-pass option for the Swansea game and I am not forking out 170 quid until I hear it works!

It's a game that will be easy enough to get anyway so FT....

It's because it's been chosen to coverage on a foreign network. Not the club/RoversTV's fault.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's because it's been chosen to coverage on a foreign network. Not the club/RoversTV's fault.

Not how it works, any country that the game is not being broadcast live in should be available on ifollow or club platforms, as it was in previous seasons and the rules have not changed..

As ARA pointed out he is in a dark country (i.e no EFL broadcast agreement in place)

A couple of games last season and previous ones being broadcast live in  some countries but not here in Au, they were available on the ifollow platform though.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Not how it works, any country that the game is not being broadcast live in should be available on ifollow or club platforms, as it was in previous seasons and the rules have not changed..

As ARA pointed out he is in a dark country (i.e no EFL broadcast agreement in place)

A couple of games last season and previous ones being broadcast live in  some countries but not here in Au, they were available on the ifollow platform though.

And the current FAQs state that 'dark' will get all games (as indeed they did under iFollow) which I can if I pay the 170 quid.

I want to try it out using a single match-pass which appear to be unavailable.

I can 'get' it anyway do they can suck for the 170

Edited by AllRoverAsia

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And the current FAQs state that 'dark' will get all games (as indeed they did under iFollow) which I can if I pay the 170 quid.

I want to try it out using a single match-pass which appear to be unavailable.

I can 'get' it anyway do they can suck for the 170

They said something about a special broadcast in the press release about the Swans game I think

This appeared on the Club's website around about KO time yesterday.

It confirmed that the Swansea game was on RoversTV but only in Unsold/Dark countries - which most of us had anticipated.

The only option for an International Video Pass was the full season at 170 quid. No monthly or matchday video pass was offered. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/august/Watch-Rovers-v-Swansea-City-live-on-RoversTV-/

The real test of the capabilities of RoversTV comes when a game is not being broadcast anywhere else.

I would however be interested to hear the viewing experience of anyone who watched via RoversTV.

On 08/08/2021 at 23:34, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Disappointed that there are no extended highlights from yesterday’s game or full match replay. That was available with iFollow so not sure why it can’t be done now. Swansea’s YouTube has uploaded longer highlights so why can’t we?

All we still have is a link to 2 mins on YouTube. Poor do.

A question for those who bit the bullet and paid the 170 pound subscription. I’m still dithering! Are you able to access a full match replay of the Swansea game?

it’s not clear whether full replays will be available as far as I can see. Here in Oz matches kick off at midnight or 1 am so I won’t always want to watch live!

On 11/08/2021 at 05:20, tonyoz said:

A question for those who bit the bullet and paid the 170 pound subscription. I’m still dithering! Are you able to access a full match replay of the Swansea game?

it’s not clear whether full replays will be available as far as I can see. Here in Oz matches kick off at midnight or 1 am so I won’t always want to watch live!

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Replies started going to my email spam box. The Swansea match is not on there because it was not broadcast on RoversTV to begin with. However they do have full replays of the Bolton and Bradford friendlies, which were on there, and full matches from last season. So I assume starting with the Millwall match, full replays will be available, since even ones from last season still are. 

Thanks SanDimas. I’ve written to Roverstv but no reply yet.

On the free subscription, at the moment, I notice that last season’s games and (full match) friendlies are available “on demand”. I doubt this will continue….the Swansea and Morecambe matches aren’t there.

The new system’s FAQs refer only to live broadcasts, there’s no mention of “On demand” full replays as far as I can see. If anyone knows different, please post a reply.

• Like 1

Thanks SanDimas. The 170 pound subscription is the one i’m looking at. 

I had the full ifollow in previous years.

if I follow you so far: the full Swansea and Morecambe games cannot (as yet) be replayed “on demand”via the full (170 pound) deal. Let’s hope this is a temporary blip…

Edited by tonyoz

On 09/08/2021 at 04:34, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Disappointed that there are no extended highlights from yesterday’s game or full match replay. That was available with iFollow so not sure why it can’t be done now. Swansea’s YouTube has uploaded longer highlights so why can’t we?

This is really gutting for me. I live in Nz, the games are middle of the night and I've young kids so can't be up for 2 hours in the night. The 10 mon extended highlights are perfect. I watched the extended highlights from Swanseas end last week. Disappointing if this is going to be the case!

50 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

This is really gutting for me. I live in Nz, the games are middle of the night and I've young kids so can't be up for 2 hours in the night. The 10 mon extended highlights are perfect. I watched the extended highlights from Swanseas end last week. Disappointing if this is going to be the case!

Millwall have extended highlights available if you register on their iFollow. I think they are free if registered.

Actually the registration may well get you the full game replay as it shows as available on Millwall's iFollow.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We left iFollow to set up our own RoversTV.

Like most things we do these days it looks like a job done on the cheap.

I watched the game on ifollow. Albeit for free on my Amazon stick. I guess it is still broadcast for away fans as Millwall use ifollow. Is there anything stopping fans buying the match pass from the away site?

RoversTV sounds pretty pointless to me.

Can"t show Saturday games. Can't show games if on foreign TV. Weekday games all on red button. 

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I watched the game on ifollow. Albeit for free on my Amazon stick. I guess it is still broadcast for away fans as Millwall use ifollow. Is there anything stopping fans buying the match pass from the away site?

RoversTV sounds pretty pointless to me.

Can"t show Saturday games. Can't show games if on foreign TV. Weekday games all on red button. 

You just have to register and buy.

RoversTV did offer a match pass for the Millwall game.

Dark/Unsold countries get all EFL league games. Th is one of those.

So I believe is HK .....useful for anyone remotely IT savvy

I found the RoversTV webplayer on my PC very very basic, bordering on pre-historic.

Only offering the 2 minute highlights on replay is a pisstake.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

You just have to register and buy.

RoversTV did offer a match pass for the Millwall game.

Dark/Unsold countries get all EFL league games. Th is one of those.

So I believe is HK .....useful for anyone remotely IT savvy

I found the RoversTV webplayer on my PC very very basic, bordering on pre-historic.

Only offering the 2 minute highlights on replay is a pisstake.

Regrding the web player for live games , I have found it so far, better than the one used for ifollow (same windows based pc/same broadband connection ), no buffering, no gradual delay, no more having to click the live button to catch up. Yes it's basic but it does the job and apart from probably wanting to occasionally flick over to the other teams commentary which I did last season, does everything needed to stream live matches.

It is still carrying the same EFL match live video feed as it was in previous seasons on ifollow, so its good for comparison.

Agree about the highlights, the extended and full highlights were useful for mid week games.