BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RoversTV Returns

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers TV v Any Club using IFollow

iFollow already has short & extended highlights plus a full replay of yesterday's game. (I checked Barnsley FC iFollow)

RoversTV-Streamamg have SFA, and yet cost the same for match access.

Something is simply wrong with that or it's a (whatever).

I haven't paid a penny to Rovers TV and never will unless they get at least to the same standard as iFollow, which wasn't exactly a high bar.

Well, based on one match, I grant you, our Rovers TV experience has been different class to last years stop /start/freeze ifollow frustration fest...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

The audio was a bit off for most of the one match, but other than that, as someone that’s watched them live, the quality was great and I’ve had no issues. Of course the fact that there’s no highlights or replays sucks, but the quality of live has worked great for me. 

19 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, based on one match, I grant you, our Rovers TV experience has been different class to last years stop /start/freeze ifollow frustration fest...

The video/ sound quality is better.

I just liked the playback ability and choice of commentary.

My complaint is mainly due to lack of highlights and full replay, both still available at the same cost to users of Clubs on iFollow.

We have no highlights on RoversTV website, just on YouTube (I do not use Twitter etc)

IMO, acquisition of such highlights and full replay presumably come at a cost to the Club, covered within iFollow but outside of a RoversTV arrangement and yet they still set the access costs at iFollow levels.

Someone is being fecked and it ain't gonna be me.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Anybody getting today's game?

Though I'm sat here in my lounge in France having paid £170 for the privilege... I'm getting We're sorry, this content is only available in certain countries!!!  I'm so pi**ed off! 

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 16.46.22.png

Edited by Derbyshire Blue

As a follow-up to my post of 21 August…….after 2 more emails I was offered a full refund but my queries were not addressed.

I looked at Luton’s ifollow site a few minutes ago.

• An ifollow video subscription costs 125.50 pounds (for Australian viewers). Rovers tv costs 170 pounds.
  • Luton ifollow has highlights, extended highlights or full replay of the Rovers game already advertised as available.
  • Full match replays are available for earlier matches in their archive. 
  • Only live streaming is offered by Rovers tv…….but not, of course, the Luton game due to contractual obligations with Sky and partners. I don’t think we will get to see it at all.

Rovers have dropped ifollow to increase their profits. Not only have they ramped up the price of a subscription but they have drastically reduced the breadth of service. All at the expense of loyal, international fans. I think it’s disgusting.

• Like 3

Feel for you Tony, an example of a fan willing and able to support the club from afar, but having the piss taken.

Of course the club were going to offer a piss poor service, this is a set up that in recent years has closed football’s first radio station and has now even stopped producing a match programme, a staple of a match day that even club’s at the level of Clitheroe can still get on sale.

The first page of this thread is testament to how in denial some folk still are to the stripped down shell operation that we have to put up with, there was never going to be an ‘improved service’ this season, even from the rudimentary one provided by the EFL with ifollow.

Edited by Mattyblue

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Feel for you Tony, an example of a fan willing and able to support the club from afar, but having the piss taken.

Of course the club were going to offer a piss poor service, this is a set up that in recent years has closed football’s first radio station and has now even stopped producing a match programme, a staple of a match day that even club’s at the level of Clitheroe can still get on sale.

The first page of this thread is testament to how in denial some folk still are to the stripped down shell operation that we have to put up with, there was never going to be an ‘improved service’ this season, even from the rudimentary one provided by the EFL with ifollow.

Blimey, I had forgotten how optimistic the first few pages were. No one there was expecting bigger cost, poorer service!

2 hours ago, tonyoz said:

Blimey, I had forgotten how optimistic the first few pages were. No one there was expecting bigger cost, poorer service!

If anyone ever thought that the club, (how it is being run now ) would produce a good sevice for anything, are Naive at best, deluded at worst.

I don’t watch Rovers TV as I’m not that keen to see highlights, replays or interviews, plus I’m a tight git! I do subscribe to the occasional away game when available. 

However, if I lived overseas and had paid £170 for a season TV pass only to be told the day before the game (or not being told at all) that the game was not being broadcast on Rovers TV I would be absolutely fuming.

I know that the club have to comply with EFL rules regarding broadcasts but that should be in line with a schedule published well in advance, not the day before the game. Subscribers could then make other arrangements to watch.

The club are obviously benefiting financially from these extra games so the very least that they can do is compensate those who have lost out. The £170 is clearly excessive and a partial refund should be considered. I wouldn’t hold your breath! 

18 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I don’t watch Rovers TV as I’m not that keen to see highlights, replays or interviews, plus I’m a tight git! I do subscribe to the occasional away game when available. 

However, if I lived overseas and had paid £170 for a season TV pass only to be told the day before the game (or not being told at all) that the game was not being broadcast on Rovers TV I would be absolutely fuming.

I know that the club have to comply with EFL rules regarding broadcasts but that should be in line with a schedule published well in advance, not the day before the game. Subscribers could then make other arrangements to watch.

The club are obviously benefiting financially from these extra games so the very least that they can do is compensate those who have lost out. The £170 is clearly excessive and a partial refund should be considered. I wouldn’t hold your breath! 

It would seem to be another badly run money making scam. If you were to receive an E-mail advertising this product, any sensible person would just laugh and delete it. But because it is from the Rovers, fans hold on to the hope, through loyalty, that they can produce a good product.

Edited by rigger

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

It would seem to be another badly run money making scam. If you were to receive an E-mail advertising this product, any sensible person would just laugh and delete it. But because it is from the Rovers, fans hold on to the hope, through loyalty, that they can produce a good product.

But the promotional material is misleading to say the least;

973D4EC0-976E-42F5-93A2-1FA6CC29F252.jpeg

Have read recent posts I checked back on my early posts on this thread.

Started of as slightly critical and progressed 'downwards' on here and other threads.

RoversTV is simply a Waggott masterpiece on how to feck something up in the name of screwing over fans.

We quite possibly now have the worst inhouse TV coverage package in the Championship and below.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Has anyone figured out how to watch full game replays? Are international subscribers able to watch them or do they not exist at all? If not at all that's a massive downgrade.

Really miss iFollow. Started off poor but by last season was a very decent service.

Overseas subscriber here. As far as I can see they do not exist at all this season for the first team (apart from friendlies), Yesterday evening went looking for any highlights as I only managed to catch the last half hour of Saturdays game, none at all on the rovers tv site from league games this season .

Ended up scouring youtube and found highlights from beinsports.6 + minutes compared to those uploaded to youtube by Rovers which was just over 2 minutes

As others have said paying top whack for less service this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Has anyone figured out how to watch full game replays? Are international subscribers able to watch them or do they not exist at all? If not at all that's a massive downgrade.

Really miss iFollow. Started off poor but by last season was a very decent service.

Check out the team Rovers are playing and see if they use iFollow who have full replays but you have to register on their site to access.

I haven't tested it this season but last season such registration on iFollow (i.e. without payment of any subscription) would work for free to access highlights and full replays.

A full replay of the Luton game is available on Luton's iFollow.

Some clubs who have their own TV also do full replays.

RoversTV rip-off is the usual Waggott minimum for maximum cost

Edited by AllRoverAsia

22 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hi Joey, see my post of 11.46 Sunday (page 7) on this thread. It covers these points.

I have written in that vein to the club and to the Fans Forum. I encourage anyone in a similar boat to register their displeasure wherever they think it will have an impact. We are being ripped off!

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 1