BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Class from Bellingham.  

20 years old and I wouldn't class him as a youngster in the slightest. Looks at home alongside the more experienced heads in the team. 

Old head on young shoulders.I'd give him the captaincy when Kane retires.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he is on par with Lindelof and Martinez for me. Varane is good but injury prone

Yet we have created some very good chances. Scotland have improved. 

Bellingham what a player. Kane's finishing is class tho

On a par with Martinez? Jesus. Very big statement there. I don’t think you’ll find many agreeing with you on that one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

England have such a vast array of options going forward. 

They need to win something with this squad.

With Southgate in charge ? I don’t think so. 10 minutes of good football, 80 minutes of boring dross.

Anybody never seen the Mick McGrath own goal in the 1960 Cup Final ? That was it tonight.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

With Southgate in charge ? I don’t think so. 10 minutes of good football, 80 minutes of boring dross.

Anybody never seen the Mick McGrath own goal in the 1960 Cup Final ? That was it tonight.

Southgate is my concern. If we don't win anything, the blame falls at his feet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

This Southgate critisizm makes no sense whatsoever. He’s the most successful England manager since Alf Ramsey.

He’s a negative waste of space. If JDT bailed out would you want him at Ewood ? We’ve got some great attacking players and he does his best to negate their skills. When your goalkeeper has way more touches of the ball with his feet than your centre forward I think you’re doing something wrong. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gav said:

This Southgate critisizm makes no sense whatsoever. He’s the most successful England manager since Alf Ramsey.

how do you work that one out,he`s won **** all ,just like the previous incumbents,in fact he`s guilty of messing up his one big chance of matching sir alf when he showed his tactical naiveity in the euros final,he then topped it by letting a young kid take a crucial penalty

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s a negative waste of space. If JDT bailed out would you want him at Ewood ? We’ve got some great attacking players and he does his best to negate their skills. When your goalkeeper has way more touches of the ball with his feet than your centre forward I think you’re doing something wrong. Just my opinion of course.

Southgate's CV will show he took England to our first big final in more than 50 years but boy did he blow it, at home, at Wembley, tactically against an Italy side that 6 months later could not even qualify for the World Cup. He's got some wonderful players to choose from and he has to win the next Euros or step aside. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

how do you work that one out,he`s won **** all ,just like the previous incumbents,in fact he`s guilty of messing up his one big chance of matching sir alf when he showed his tactical naiveity in the euros final,he then topped it by letting a young kid take a crucial penalty

Can you name me 1 England mens football manager, since Alf Ramsey, who has taken England to the final of a major tournament? 

Success at international level is judged on trophy's won and how deep a side goes into a tournament. Southgate has taken England further than any other manager in almost 60yrs, its as simple as that really. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gav said:

Can you name me 1 England mens football manager, since Alf Ramsey, who has taken England to the final of a major tournament? 

Can you name 1 manager who has had a squad this filled with world class players that are hungry to succeed? I could get this team to a QF/SF. It’s the bare minimum that should be expected. He’s tactically very poor in the biggest games and as last night shows continues to pick favourites rather than on merit.

The only other manager who had anything like this squad was Sven but that was ruined by him a) also being a shite manager and b) United/Liverpool/Chelsea players refusing to play nice

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Can you name 1 manager who has had a squad this filled with world class players that are hungry to succeed? I could get this team to a QF/SF. It’s the bare minimum that should be expected. He’s tactically very poor in the biggest games and as last night shows continues to pick favourites rather than on merit.

The only other manager who had anything like this squad was Sven but that was ruined by him a) also being a shite manager and b) United/Liverpool/Chelsea players refusing to play nice

I assume you couldn't think of one...

To answer your question - Robson, Venables, Capello, Hoddle.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1