BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Our most awful kits

For me, a lot of our worse looking kits have been seen post 2012. A lot of them since then have had a 'cheap' look about them, imo. The red RFS one from 13/14, the turbo green away one from 14/15, the grey away shirt from 19/20. Shockers. Wasn't impressed with the yellow away shirt in 18/19 either.

The best home shirt in a long while, I felt, was last season's one. Macron have done a good job overall this season, the away one in particular is a belter.

• Like 2

Goalkeepers shirts in the 90s were supposed to be garish, I don't think they're particularly bad.

I quite liked the orange one, I had that with Sutton on the back as a young chap.

Worst kits for me were the Nike era. We may as well have ordered them straight out the team kit catalogue for all the effort they put in. The worst one definitely being the pale blue disgrace with Zebra Claims on the front.

Edited by Displaced Rover
Typo

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I remember having this one as a kid - which I thought was great - but I know a lot of other people thought it was awful. I still like it!

cNASywFq.png

Ah, that brings back fond memories. Our club shop was at the back of Shoe Zone in town in those days. I remember going in as a kid with my dad, excited to buy the new away shirt only to then see it. "Nah, we'll leave it" was the agreed response 😁.

It was in the days of no internet, no social media. There was something quite fun in not knowing what our new kits looked like upon release, until you visited the club shop or if you managed to see somebody wearing it out and about. Imagine that today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Ah, that brings back fond memories. Our club shop was at the back of Shoe Zone in town in those days. I remember going in as a kid with my dad, excited to buy the new away shirt only to then see it. "Nah, we'll leave it" was the agreed response 😁.

It was in the days of no internet, no social media. There was something quite fun in not knowing what our new kits looked like upon release, until you visited the club shop or if you managed to see somebody wearing it out and about. Imagine that today.

I remember once being faxed (ask your parents) a photo from the Telegraph 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I remember having this one as a kid - which I thought was great - but I know a lot of other people thought it was awful. I still like it!

cNASywFq.png

I'm not having anything bad said about any yellow kit, if nothing else they made for a great atmosphere away from home, regardless of what they looked like.

"Yellow yellow yellow"

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

After the asics era things went down hill right up until the crown paints shirt. That was a great one. After that they've been pretty average right up until this season with macron.

That copper away shirt was absolutely horrible and a rare slip of form for asics as everything else they had done was gold.