BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Well they would all need the devices to check and verify your QR code.

Not at all since my GP app shows my vaccination status. 

On LFT, Don't you get a text or email after registering your LFT Result. Can't remember cos it's months since I did one

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not at all since my GP app shows my vaccination status. 

On LFT, Don't you get a text or email after registering your LFT Result. Can't remember cos it's months since I did 

You use the QR code. They use the checker app to scan & verify its real not fake. This is the first time the passport has been used domestically.

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/nhs-covid-pass-verifier-app/domestic-covid-pass-verifier-app-user-guide/

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You use the QR code. They use the checker app to scan & verify its real not fake. This is the first time the passport has been used domestically.

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/nhs-covid-pass-verifier-app/domestic-covid-pass-verifier-app-user-guide/

As long as the checkers are more efficient than the ale servers, there should be no problem.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

My vaccination status Is on my GP App run by doctors and NHS. It shows my vaccination status and a picture of myself. NO QR code on there so the scanners are pointless!

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My vaccination status Is on my GP App run by doctors and NHS. It shows my vaccination status and a picture of myself. NO QR code on there so the scanners are pointless!

Chaddy - you need the NHS app which will download a QR code which is valid for a month from when you do it. I don’t know what app you have but it’s not the standard NHS app used for Covid.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Chaddy - you need the NHS app which will download a QR code which is valid for a month from when you do it. I don’t know what app you have but it’s not the standard NHS app used for Covid.

You don't need the NHS app, you can get a hard copy. That is what I have, because I don't have an I-phone.

Edited by rigger

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As I said the my GP app who is used by my local doctor surgery. Shows various things including my vaccination status so I shouldn't need another app at all as This app is part of NHS

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

You don't need the NHS app, you can get a hard copy. That is what I have, because I don't have an I-phone.

That’s true, you can get a hard copy if you don’t have access to a smartphone- doesn’t have to be an iPhone. You need to bear in mind that the paper copy will obviously take a while to come, especially if everyone is now asking for them.

I’m pretty sure though that if you want to use a phone you need to have the NHS app that provides you with a QR code - it’s the same one that you use for International travel, not the app you use to check in at venues, known as the NHS Covid app.

Chaddy - have you tried to generate a pass on your app - we could be talking about the same app.

• Moderation Lead
44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As I said the my GP app who is used by my local doctor surgery. Shows various things including my vaccination status so I shouldn't need another app at all as This app is part of NHS

I’ve been to loads of gigs where this is a thing and I’m telling you now, you need to download the ‘NHS’ app and download a pass which is valid for 48 hours, I think. You’ll need a new one per event or game, believe me. If you don’t want to agree then that’s fine, but you won’t be getting into Ewood without it.

• Like 1

Gp app "myGP ticket" vaccine status is not a covid pass.

You need to use the NHS app to generate the pass (lasts 30 days). The pass has the barcode.

The hard copy you can get has the barcode.

The point is still that if we limit attendance to 9999 we don't need to do anything. For clubs getting 10500 gates it can be a consideration. There are going to be costs associated with enforcement.

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Yes you get your pass on the app and it presents you with a qr code Chaddy.

BUT what happens when thousands are trying to access it on a Saturday afternoon across the country and you get this:

Screenshot_20211208-220315.jpg

If you’ve got the app download the pass now. As oldewoodblue says it lasts for 30 days. I just did mine as I haven’t used it for a while and mine is good until 7th January.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, toogs said:

The app we will need to gain entry - is that the same as the NHS track and trace app or is that yet another app?  

Am I right in thinking there’s 3 different apps connected with covid/nhs?

It's specifically called 'NHS app'. When you log in it shows your name, DOB and NHS number, then has options for the NHS Covid Pass, View your Messages, Linked Profiles, View your GP health Record and Order a Prescription. Along the bottom there are options for 'Advice', 'Appointments', 'Prescriptions', 'Your Health' and 'Messages'. This is on Android but I assume it's essentially the same on iPhone as well.

Edited by DE.

10 minutes ago, toogs said:

The app we will need to gain entry - is that the same as the NHS track and trace app or is that yet another app?  

Am I right in thinking there’s 3 different apps connected with covid/nhs?

The app you need is not the track and trace one. It is called the NHS app, not the NHS Covid app. The NHS app will hold your medical records as well if you want. These are the two main NHS apps.

Chaddy seems to have MyGP, but that’s not the right one either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve been to loads of gigs where this is a thing and I’m telling you now, you need to download the ‘NHS’ app and download a pass which is valid for 48 hours, I think. You’ll need a new one per event or game, believe me. If you don’t want to agree then that’s fine, but you won’t be getting into Ewood without it.

No I don't agree. The GP Ticket is a valid pass since its linked to your medical records at your GP Surgery. 

9 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Gp app "myGP ticket" vaccine status is not a covid pass.

Of course it a covid pass since its linked to your medical records. So it should be valid. NHS website won't cope with demand again. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

If you’ve got the app download the pass now. As oldewoodblue says it lasts for 30 days. I just did mine as I haven’t used it for a while and mine is good until 7th January.

You can, and download it to a wallet etc on your phone. Bear in mind a LOT of people won't have even used the app before though so will probably just get a pass at the turnstiles. I don't envy stewards trying to enforce it one bit! The app itself is terrible for crashing, I've no issue at all with complying as it's a minor inconvenience and much better than the alternative of not attending at all.

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't agree. The GP Ticket is a valid pass since its linked to your medical records at your GP Surgery. 

Of course it a covid pass since its linked to your medical records. So it should be valid. NHS website won't cope with demand again. 

Okay fine, don’t agree, but I was only trying to save you time in the queue….

• Like 2