BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

28 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

And you're just trying to bait again with your usual condescension and arrogance. How pathetic.

I’m replying to your original remarks wheelton, have a read back if you’ve forgotten what you said. It left me under the impression you were doing more than just moaning on here, I got that wrong.

See you on Saturday, I’ll be the one bringing 10 fellow Rovers fans that don’t usually attend week in week out.

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m replying to your original remarks wheelton, have read back if you’ve forgotten what you said. It left me under impression you were doing more than just moaning on here, I got that wrong.

See you on Saturday, I’ll be the one bringing 10 fellow Rovers fans that don’t usually attend week in week out.

I haven't forgotten what I said. I remember quite clearly that I responded to your comment that you don't care about pricing, whereas I suspect that the vast majority do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I haven't forgotten what I said. I remember quite clearly that I responded to your comment that you don't care about pricing, whereas I suspect that the vast majority do.

I don’t care about pricing for Saturdays game, we will be going regardless.

But if you read a little further back, I did call for a reduction in pricing for the Brum game earlier in this thread.

Just to be clear.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not what I want or indeed what I think should happen. I would agree with you that we have to live with the virus and would like to think that if restrictions went up that much, that they would be met with mass protests.

Your points are very typically self focused, I get there early, I wear a snood, I don't use the facilities, you are just one person. There is no doubt that a football match even in the outdoors is a big spreading event, thousands of people in close proximity including in the concourses, indeed that will be the rationale, especially with restrictions seemingly going up.

We have to learn to live with virus and we can't keep locking down the country every time. 

Shut the concourse down if that's a massive problem apart from using the toilet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

As I said, I’m not debating the rights and wrongs, just speculating on what decisions might be made.

Not everyone arrives early and it’s still a situation where a lot of people will be gathering in close proximity.

I’m sure they will be looking at it, (mass attendance sports venues).

Sporting venues are no more danger of catching the virus then other social venues like cinema, pubs, restaurants, etc

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Johnson’s giving us another pep talk at 8-00 tonight. I can see changes regarding football being on the agenda.

Looks like it's about people getting a booster jab. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

QPR is off tomorrow due to Covid, with Spurs off today and United also reporting numerous cases.

Well players should be taking extra care. 

19 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Then be angry at the entire football league. You can’t simply blame Rovers for charging over £20 when it’s the norm at virtually every club in the EFL never mind the championship.

I find it sad that some fans still choose to boycott. It’s their right to do so but imo, support shouldn’t be conditional on who the manager is or the owners are. 

I am angry at the whole league. That's the point.

I find it sad that some people have total cult like devotion that they can't respect the decision of other fans who choose not to financially support the people who have totally wrecked the club they support.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 18:18, rigger said:

If you get a paper copy from the NHS there is no 30 day validity, so you only have to get it once.

I applied for a paper copy this morning. It does say it is only valid for 30 days in the information. Not sure how this is presented on the paper. Thought I would share with you rigger don't want you turning up and not being allowed in.!

31 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I applied for a paper copy this morning. It does say it is only valid for 30 days in the information. Not sure how this is presented on the paper. Thought I would share with you rigger don't want you turning up and not being allowed in.!

Thanks for the info, to be sure of getting in I will take a rapid flow test as well

It's a good idea and seems to be going well hopefully a few do get keen enough to be regular fans.  Getting that part of the community involved could lead to a decent gate increase in future.

A word of warning though, no way will they pay some pf the prices these crackpots come up with currently.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

It's all well and good and I'm happy they are doing something to try and develop things.

A couple of issues. One is that those children are at an age where they won't have the cash nor freedom to go on their own steam and will need adult(s) to agree to pay for them and accompany them. This makes it unlikely unless they are getting freebies or travel/supervision provides.

Second issue is that it is all quite pointless if at the same time the club is pushing established supporters away through ridiculous pricing and schemes (20% fall in season ticket holders in less than 2 years)

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's all well and good and I'm happy they are doing something to try and develop things.

A couple of issues. One is that those children are at an age where they won't have the cash nor freedom to go on their own steam and will need adult(s) to agree to pay for them and accompany them. This makes it unlikely unless they are getting freebies or travel/supervision provides.

Second issue is that it is all quite pointless if at the same time the club is pushing established supporters away through ridiculous pricing and schemes (20% fall in season ticket holders in less than 2 years)

Im also happy JH with what the club are trying to do...its a good start.

Most on here were going overboard in  their praise to Stanley giving away free shirts to Primary kids over the last few seasons. We re going one better by actually getting the kids on the ground... and... whilst  having a little  success on the field. Its a taste of match day football for the kids ..got to start somewhere!

For all Stanleys initiatives with the free shirts etc  they still can t muster 2000 home fans and are more than happy to give over half the ground to Away supporters...

I would still like the club to lay on subsidised Bus travel to home games from different areas in and around Blackburn and areas like Accrington Great Harwood  Ossy and the Ribble  Valley ..maybe giving those younger fans a chance of actually getting to Ewood safely without being denied the chance because Mum or Dad dont want to or cant afford to go. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe a controversial post, but this has bugged me for weeks and In a world of free speech, I think I need to write what I think, rather than just think it

Firstly its fantastic we are trying to get more and more kids to come to the game, putting the travel on too is fantastic and will be costing rovers to do this.

My concern is, why is it 90% ethnic children?

How many paying adult tickets to the asian community has this generated?

We offer so much support/handouts to the non paying asian community, not just match tickets but significant sponsorship to events like Eid in the park etc.

We live in a society where football is not affordable to many demographics, however we do appear to be particularly targeting the ethnic community which is great and needed, provided we start seeing their parents catch the bug, and start buying match tickets. Ultimately paying supporters aid the paying of the bills, perhaps offering child tickets to paying supporters is an easier route, or rolling this out to all children. 

Can't help but think the guy running this is loving the attention from the asian community and the other side of the population is clearly being ignored.

Initiatives like this must be "inclusive" for all, or clearly miss the target and create divide. 

Ignoring/taking for granted the paying supporter is not sustainable. I've gone from 4 season tickets in my house (wife and Kids) to just my own. This will not change, until I see a different attitude towards the paying supporters.

What are the club doing to get back the 75,% loss of attendees from my home and other homes like mine?

Why have the club not considered things like?

First adult season ticket full price, if the wife comes second season ticket 10% off. If you bring the kids too then there is a family ticket. Its not rocket science to put together family packages or pricing initiatives to entice you to buy more

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Maybe a controversial post, but this has bugged me for weeks and In a world of free speech, I think I need to write what I think, rather than just think it

Firstly its fantastic we are trying to get more and more kids to come to the game, putting the travel on too is fantastic and will be costing rovers to do this.

My concern is, why is it 90% ethnic children?

How many paying adult tickets to the asian community has this generated?

We offer so much support/handouts to the non paying asian community, not just match tickets but significant sponsorship to events like Eid in the park etc.

We live in a society where football is not affordable to many demographics, however we do appear to be particularly targeting the ethnic community which is great and needed, provided we start seeing their parents catch the bug, and start buying match tickets. Ultimately paying supporters aid the paying of the bills, perhaps offering child tickets to paying supporters is an easier route, or rolling this out to all children. 

Can't help but think the guy running this is loving the attention from the asian community and the other side of the population is clearly being ignored.

Initiatives like this must be "inclusive" for all, or clearly miss the target and create divide. 

Ignoring/taking for granted the paying supporter is not sustainable. I've gone from 4 season tickets in my house (wife and Kids) to just my own. This will not change, until I see a different attitude towards the paying supporters.

What are the club doing to get back the 75,% loss of attendees from my home and other homes like mine?

Why have the club not considered things like?

First adult season ticket full price, if the wife comes second season ticket 10% off. If you bring the kids too then there is a family ticket. Its not rocket science to put together family packages or pricing initiatives to entice you to buy more

Definitley something that should’ve stayed in your head IMO, maybe you should’ve read more about it first?

Firstly - it’s an initiative they’ve started to reconnect with certain areas that have traditionally been targeted by rovers for fans - clitheroe, Whalley and Ribble valley etc. The schools signing on, aren't specifically “chosen” through race, despite the suggestion it’s not inclusive.

Secondly - this is also organised through sponsors (moorland providing busses and staff) and groups who approach the community group. There lots of asian youth groups in Blackburn, that demographic isn’t being targeted specifically, but it’s good (in my view) to see it engaging with the club. It simply comes down to the members in that group being interested in matches.

Nothing to do with “loving the attention” of the Asian community, it’s simply a project that’s designed to offer young children an opportunity to come to a game through their school or community club/hub. Regardless of background.

Its easy to see that communities in our town aren’t fully represented at Ewood - whether that’s down to culture, price or interest, who knows (or cares).

The important thing is, the club allows, encourages and supports anyone of the next generation, who wants to come to watch rovers.

As your own family, tickets - that’s a complete individual reaction to the past, and this entire project is about encouraging young fans - not something to be dismissed through “whataboutery” aka “what you doing for me?”

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Definitley something that should’ve stayed in your head IMO, maybe you should’ve read more about it first?

Firstly - it’s an initiative they’ve started to reconnect with certain areas that have traditionally been targeted by rovers for fans - clitheroe, Whalley and Ribble valley etc. The schools signing on, aren't specifically “chosen” through race, despite the suggestion it’s not inclusive.

Secondly - this is also organised through sponsors (moorland providing busses and staff) and groups who approach the community group. There lots of asian youth groups in Blackburn, that demographic isn’t being targeted specifically, but it’s good (in my view) to see it engaging with the club. It simply comes down to the members in that group being interested in matches.

Nothing to do with “loving the attention” of the Asian community, it’s simply a project that’s designed to offer young children an opportunity to come to a game through their school or community club/hub. Regardless of background.

Its easy to see that communities in our town aren’t fully represented at Ewood - whether that’s down to culture, price or interest, who knows (or cares).

The important thing is, the club allows, encourages and supports anyone of the next generation, who wants to come to watch rovers.

As your own family, tickets - that’s a complete individual reaction to the past, and this entire project is about encouraging young fans - not something to be dismissed through “whataboutery” aka “what you doing for me?”

My points stands, and even more after reading your post.

Your assumption my opinion is based on the past couldnt be any further from the mark.

I remember very well the action group working with childrens services and funding 50% of bringing disadvantaged children to ewood when trying to get the club to part with 50 tickets for a game, children in the system who would not get a chance to go football. As my post states, its great the club has finally seen some sense, however to state its not been inclusive is clutching at straws.

Finally as one of those paying supporters (season ticket holder) who watches his club through the thick and the thin, travels away, buys plenty through the club shop or through club initiatives, has paid for club sponsorship then I will have an opinion and not keep it in my head.

If yours is different thats fine too, 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1