BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am aware of that particular data Jim

lets lock up the population again and ignore people choices and freedoms. 

What's the point in people getting jabs and boosters if everytime we lock the country down and close down businesses and people attending their socials events when a new variant. 

I don't expect any more lockdowns or to not attending football matches over the festive period

No one wants another lockdown but if Johnson did the right thing for the first time in his life it is probably the best course of action, now, to prevent more excessive deaths - we already have one of the worst death totals in the world

Football matches don't matter in a global pandemic

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No one wants another lockdown but if Johnson did the right thing for the first time in his life it is probably the best course of action, now, to prevent more excessive deaths - we already have one of the worst death totals in the world

Football matches don't matter in a global pandemic

Jim, lockdown isnt the right course at all. Can't keep locking us all down again and what's the point in getting double jabs and booster if you aren't allow to carry on doing daily activities. It's been a waste of time getting jab if we keep lockdown the country and stop people attending football matches. 

If you don't attend fine Jim but people want to should be allow to just like attending other social activities. People should be allow their freedom and choices. 

On 15/12/2021 at 09:23, JohnD said:

What did you do? 😯🤣

Haha, I am going South Africa. My last dream is to see Rovers at Wembley, so I’m hoping we go up in the automatics otherwise it’s the worse mid life crisis ever.

No one has contacted me on the offer btw, so if anyone knows someone who wants it let me know. As I said no charge. It’s front row upper tier too so you can give it a full on Keegan when it goes wrong.

Edited by Wood26

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

thanks for the update

massive over reaction again. 

very disappointed to hear that Gav but given what Chris Whitty said this morning to the health select committee that if your priority is to attend a football match then do it. He said its people choice what they want to do and not. 

Lets calm down and stop over reaction to this variant and lets wait for the data. Who says tough for Hospitals when we don't have the data to back that up and more and more people are getting the booster including myself this afternoon. Plus other restrictions, We can't keep locking down the country every time we have a new variant. 

People like you make me absolutely furious. You really have no understanding whatsoever. Self-centered. Self-absorbed. Couldn't give a damn about society.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

People like you make me absolutely furious. You really have no understanding whatsoever. Self-centered. Self-absorbed. Couldn't give a damn about society.

Furious about what cos I want to keep attending football matches and people want to keep doing their social activities. 

What about all the people who suffer mental health problems cos of lockdowns and not being allow to normal daily lives. Or don't they matter tho? 

If you want to do self lockdown then that's do it but we have learn to live with the virus. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Furious about what cos I want to keep attending football matches and people want to keep doing their social activities. 

What about all the people who suffer mental health problems cos of lockdowns and not being allow to normal daily lives. Or don't they matter tho? 

If you want to do self lockdown then that's do it but we have learn to live with the virus. 

10/10 for another demonstration of why you are part of the problem.

Yes, exactly millions are suffering badly both mentally and physically which is why we all have to act as one to overcome this virus.

Let me remind you how in autumn 2020 you were telling everyone how the vaccines would save us, we would be back in the ground by Christmas etc. Got that right didn't you!?

You truly are blind to what is going on outside of chaddy world.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

10/10 for another demonstration of why you are part of the problem.

Yet again I ain't the problem cos I want to enjoy a normal life as much as possible and no more lockdowns. 

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes, exactly millions are suffering badly both mentally and physically which is why we all have to act as one to overcome this virus.

Exactly by allowing people to continue their daily activities if they have no symptoms and not keep being over cautious. If you want to over cautious then be like that but as RevidgeBlue said yesterday that people will make their own choices as what they want to do. Even Chris Whitty has said it a personal choice to what want to do and their priorities..

31 minutes ago, Paul said:

Let me remind you how in autumn 2020 you were telling everyone how the vaccines would save us, we would be back in the ground by Christmas etc. Got that right didn't you!?

Well it would 6 months later than Christmas but we got things back to normal and back to doing our social activities and rightly so. Being back at Ewood Park and attending away matches as been excellent and very enjoyable. Are you still attending games? 

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

You truly are blind to what is going on outside of chaddy world.

Well you couldn't be further from that point but I will keep those sort of things private and off this messageboard. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again I ain't the problem cos I want to enjoy a normal life as much as possible and no more lockdowns. 

Exactly by allowing people to continue their daily activities if they have no symptoms and not keep being over cautious. If you want to over cautious then be like that but as RevidgeBlue said yesterday that people will make their own choices as what they want to do. Even Chris Whitty has said it a personal choice to what want to do and their priorities..

Well it would 6 months later than Christmas but we got things back to normal and back to doing our social activities and rightly so. Being back at Ewood Park and attending away matches as been excellent and very enjoyable. Are you still attending games? 

Well you couldn't be further from that point but I will keep those sort of things private and off this messageboard. 

Well said - once again - Chaddy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Touché! I’m with Chaddy on this. I want myself and my kids to get on with life, keep going to work / school, keep going to the Rovers and live life as opposed to exist.

In my opinion, people clamouring for everyone and everything to lockdown are self absorbed and self centred! If people want to self lockdown and stay at home, that’s their prerogative. Just don’t coerce it on the rest of us who want to crack on with life! 

Edited by david brent
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, david brent said:

Touché! I’m with Chaddy on this. I want myself and my kids to get on with my life, keep going to work / school, keep going to the Rovers and live life.

In my opinion, people clamouring for everyone and everything to lockdown are self absorbed and self centred! If people want to self lockdown and stay at home, that’s their prerogative. Just don’t coerce it on the rest of us who want to crack on with life! 

I don’t think that’s the issue. I think people can make their mind up.

My problem with this thread is the constant “Johnson” quotes being treaded out “we have to live with the virus”….

Tell that to the family, friends and colleagues of 125000+

I really don't know why people are having a go at each other on here as if it was that potentially serious the Govt would call all games off or go into lockdown. If the EFL or club had the same morals some are accusing others of lacking they'd call it off.

As it is it's a personal choice so if you want to go go if you don't then don't but stfu about it.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

I don’t think that’s the issue. I think people can make their mind up.

My problem with this thread is the constant “Johnson” quotes being treaded out “we have to live with the virus”….

Tell that to the family, friends and colleagues of 125000+

Just because they're supposedly 'Johnson quotes' doesn't negate their intent.

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

Just because they're supposedly 'Johnson quotes' doesn't negate their intent.

It’s a slogan used to dismiss anyone with individual concerns.

Its preaching to anyone who may not be willing to take the same risks.

12 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Plenty of people Including Whitty and Vallance have used that quote. 

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

It’s a slogan used to dismiss anyone with individual concerns.

Its preaching to anyone who may not be willing to take the same risks.

Surely that's works the other way when they are preaching to others about not going and shutting down parts of our lives? 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Actually unbelievable. 

We've spent 2 years dealing with this virus as a society - lockdowns and restrictions. We're told to wait till the vaccines are rolled out and restrictions will be lifted. We all play our part and get jabbed. But now people are self-centred and self-absorbed for continuing with their lives. 

What is the alternative? Keep locking down despite the fact the vaccines have been taken by the majority? This virus ain't going anywhere. 

I'll be there tomorrow supporting the lads, it's your choice to decide not to. Definitely shouldn't be judging people who have followed all the rules in this past 2 years and decide that they're willing to make the 'risk' of going to the footy

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plenty of people Including Whitty and Vallance have used that quote. 

Surely that's works the other way when they are preaching to others about not going and shutting down parts of our lives? 

Why is it always so black and white in Chaddy world?

You find me a post where someone saying “anyone who disagrees in shutting all football is dangerous?”

That slogan is patronising, political point scoring and basically annoying AF 

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Why is it always so black and white in Chaddy world?

You find me a post where someone saying “anyone who disagrees in shutting all football is dangerous?”

That slogan is patronising, political point scoring and basically annoying AF 

No one says it black and white but it's personal choice and what they want to do. 

Never used the word dangerous in that context so no idea why you are quoting that. 

The quote isn't patronising or point scoring but what we have to do unless what was the point in getting vaccinated and having the lockdowns for 18 months if we never can resume normal life or the best we can

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No one says it black and white but it's personal choice and what they want to do. 

Never used the word dangerous in that context so no idea why you are quoting that. 

The quote isn't patronising or point scoring but what we have to do unless what was the point in getting vaccinated and having the lockdowns for 18 months if we never can resume normal life or the best we can

Banging head on brick wall…!

You do you, I choose for me.

Preaching, patronising is “what was the point in vaccinated if we’re having repeated lockdowns” etc

I personally will be going if the match is on…

But the whole point I am making is I won’t judge, or tell, or advise, or suggest to anyone here or anywhere what they should do or think.

That’s why I hate that stupid slogan “we have to live with the virus”… I’m sure anyone who’s lost one of the 125,000+ would’ve loved them to live through it. Needless, preachy bollox 

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Not wanting to lockdown every time there’s a new variant is probably pretty society orientated 

Looks like you have jumped in with two feet driven through anger around the virus and its effects but to be perfectly truthful it is quite self-absorbed to be assuming everybody that doesn’t agree with your method of dealing with Covid-19 doesn’t give a damn 

The bloke you quoted has just said he’s had his jabs and boosters - what more do you want from him? The government and their expert advisors are telling us it is safe to attend events if they do everything Chaddy has done, yet here you are calling him self centred 

This “discussion” is becoming silly. It’s not up to the fans to make decisions on other people’s health. If they are told it is safe to attend then it is quite ok if they do; if you do not feel safe then make your own decision and don’t attend  

By then attempting to claim chaddy was “wrong” about the vaccines defeating the virus is just you playing the man. Literally every public health expert in the world told us vaccination was the solution - if it isn’t then it isn’t chaddy who is wrong but the people who have told him it’s the answer. Chill out. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Paul said:

I respect you greatly Paul, but you seem to have completely lost the plot on this issue now and have imo always lacked any sense of balance or perceptive regarding Covid. (You would probably say the same about me from the opposite angle I'm sure).

Vaccines did get us back in grounds (see the entry criteria for tomorrow). Are you actually going to call chaddy out because it wasn't quite as quickly as anticipated?

There's also an intensely boring discussion on the matchday thread about how you allegedly pass on less virus if you've been vaccinated so if that is correct, in that respect it is helping "save" us or to keep us safe as well isn't it?

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you are all well.

5 hours ago, JBiz said:

That’s why I hate that stupid slogan “we have to live with the virus”… I’m sure anyone who’s lost one of the 125,000+ would’ve loved them to live through it. Needless, preachy bollox 

You may think the slogan is stupid, but it's nonetheless true,  hiding away again at any point isn't going to bring any of those people back. The only way they wouldn't have died is if the virus hadn't existed in the first place.

Unfortunately the virus did come into existence and you have to deal with the reality of the situation as it is now as best you can. Not on a theoretical  basis that you wish the virus had never happened and become all offended by a quite innocent turn of phrase with no offence intended.

Right so i go on the NHS app to get a pass and punch in the required details then it comes back and says we can't match you. So they need a driving license photo, several attempts at that with as good a photo as you can get on my phone it says no not good enough.  We need to scan your face as well, so face scanned 3 times then it says yes that's confirmed.  Now please punch in your details..again.

Then it says we've found you we'll email you what you to do next but it may take 24 hrs.

What a load of tripe this is.

Edited by tomphil

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You may think the slogan is stupid, but it's nonetheless true,  hiding away again at any point isn't going to bring any of those people back. The only way they wouldn't have died is if the virus hadn't existed in the first place.

Unfortunately the virus did come into existence and you have to deal with the reality of the situation as it is now as best you can. Not on a theoretical  basis that you wish the virus had never happened and become all offended by a quite innocent turn of phrase with no offence intended.

Exactly the type of preachy nonsense I’m talking about.

Its as if you think you’re talking to someone who has no basic knowledge of viruses? I am aware / understand the intended message of “we have to live..” etc. I understand that people died because of it.

Thats simply patronising.

The sheer amount of mistakes made by those elected to take decisions to avoid deaths, is precisely why I have an issue listening to the slogans devised by the same idiots.

Especially when it’s used to play down people’s fears and concerns.

Let people decide if it’s safe for them.