BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yep definitely panicking about a dire gate.

Reap what you sow.

I still find it astonishing that anyone anywhere thinks that £30 minimum for an adult to watch a second division match in Blackburn is remotely acceptable.

Then again the person making the decision won't be paying will he?

I wonder when Waggott last paid to go on a match?

Easy making these decisions when you're on the payroll and get complimentaries everywhere you go.

What the average price with other Championship clubs for single day match Ticket?

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What the average price with other Championship clubs for single day match Ticket?

I don't know. I do know we are one of the most expensive season tickets in the league despite having the most empty seats and being in one of the poorest and most competitive areas with supposedly some of the richest investors.

I don't care what the average is and whether we are in keeping with that or not. £30 is too expensive for any 2nd division football match.

• Like 6

On 03/12/2021 at 13:30, JHRover said:

Yep definitely panicking about a dire gate.

Reap what you sow.

I still find it astonishing that anyone anywhere thinks that £30 minimum for an adult to watch a second division match in Blackburn is remotely acceptable.

Then again the person making the decision won't be paying will he?

I wonder when Waggott last paid to go on a match?

Easy making these decisions when you're on the payroll and get complimentaries everywhere you go.

well over 14k Rovers fans on today's game so not a dire attendance at all despite the awful weather conditions

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

With our current good form and league position I hope Rovers can do something to maximise the home crowds over the festive period Barnsley and Huddersfield.

THINK BIG as the great man of Steel once said.

Barnsley is already on sale at standard pricing, so I doubt we’ll see anything.

18000+

Potentially proof once more that it’s not price, it’s performances.

My only argument to that would be to suggest it could’ve been 25k at £15 a ticket. The accountants can’t justify this however.

Also - to add, not sure if this is the right place. The service / Sodexo bar regime is a complete joke. 

Glancing at the data on the article below I would say our pricing is pretty much in line with the average cost in the division for both season and marchday tickets. Had tickets been £20 yesterday we'd have needed to sell a further 4500 tickets approximately to make the same income, but with that comes increased income and expenses for a potential larger crowd. It's a very tough balance for the club to try and strike. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-championship-expensive-season-tickets-24759569

On Monday I'd be firing out emails to all and sundry, tweeting left right and centre and getting a festive promo out there.

Either 3 for £60 Brum/Barnsley/Hudds or 2 for £40 on Barnsley/Huddersfield right across the ground for adult, get the place full and rocking. All 3 should bring a respectable away following too. I doubt many have already bought tickets for Barnsley and Brum so far in advance but it would surely be easy enough sort if a few have.

• Like 2

End of the day 10000+ match tickets were bought with adult pricing at £30-£36. So job done for Swag and there’s not a chance a PNE type game will see anything different in future. 

In a way he got lucky, as Bizzle alluded to, obviously a 3pm game with the team on a cracking run pushing for 3rd will get floating fans interested. We’d been in 12th and that crowd wouldn’t have been seen. Though 18k isn’t exactly packing them in anyway, but these are the expectations for the modern club.

The category system obviously isn’t going anywhere, so I’d be happy enough to see Sheff Utd type deals a few times a season instead. I understand Ossy’s suggestion above but generally multi game bundles don’t really work as floating fans (clue’s in the moniker) generally don’t want to commit to multiple match days. I’d be putting all my eggs in the Hudds bank holiday game, £15/£20 a ticket and set a 20,000+ target… as well as a heavy marketing of the half season ticket holders, in particular to the lapsed.

But I think what we all can agree on is once you pass 16/17k, Ewood is a cracking place. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But I think what we all can agree on is once you pass 16/17k, Ewood is a cracking place. 

Let's be aiming for that amount of home fans alone over the festive peroid.....the support is there.

Thousands back home looking to spend money..get them into Ewood

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

As one or two of us have been saying for a while now, if the product on the pitch is good and worth supporting, the fans will come out. But that doesn't mean the club shouldn't be trying to bring more through the gates on a more regular basis.

Traditionally the Birmingham weekend, 18th December, would usually be poorly attended across the leagues, they should drop the prices and put an extra 5k on the gate.

How about just normal match pricing for a game like PKE ?

People chucking about cheap deals then others saying but you'd have to sell twice as many etc, why not just price it sensibly ?

I know quite a few on both sides of the fence who snubbed it yesterday because of the price, they probably wouldn't have if it was normal.  15 quid one week, 20 quid another then 30 all for teams in the same division it's all bollocks just get some sense back into it.

Thing is they say fan re-engagement but they aren't focused on that at all it's just about hitting pre set targets predicted income. Then they just juggle the price around in between.

Got to start getting 11/12k per week back first then games like that priced sensibly turn into 16/17k home fans etc.  Only way to really do it is get the ST prices really irresistible before you start messing with game by game prices.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well over 14k Rovers fans on today's game so not a dire attendance at all despite the awful weather conditions

To be honest I'd say 14,000 home fans on for a Lancashire derby given our form and league position is pretty poor.

It is only the horrendous 'normal' crowds we get that makes 14,000 seem good.

I'll give you an example - Bolton played Wigan in League One a month or so ago and the crowd there was 21,000 with a similar number of away fans. The last time we went to Preston before lockdown there were 15,000 in the home ends.

And remember that a good 1,000 of those were giveaways in the BBE upper.

Clearly it is a step in the right direction but lets get some perspective here.

It wasn't long ago we had 18-19000 season ticket holders so no I won't consider 14,000 for a derby anything other than quite poor.

• Like 2

As others have said, if you want to maximise prices for a big away following like Preston,  by all means do so but protect your own so as we get the biggest crowd possible to roar on the team.

It can be done eg sell 3 tickets for any 3 home games which include this "blockbuster."

Or have a membership/part season ticket scheme £ 15 per season allows you 30% off any 5 home games etc etc.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Haven't heard from the Fans Forum for a while---isn't this their terrain? Have they got involved in this issue?

Edited by 47er

Efforts like the above from the club are to be applauded. No complaints from me if they are bringing kids in from various places and trying to get them into it.

I think this needs to be scaled up somewhat though. They need to be targeting a bigger area than at present and a bigger target audience. It seems at present it is basically primary school age kids from BWD, which is fine as a start but it needs to increase to secondary school ages and it needs to tap into much wider reaching areas.

Still not doing remotely enough in Hyndburn from what I see and hear.

'As far away' as Clitheroe I think sums it up. Clitheroe isn't far away at all, it is our backyard, full of Rovers fans to bring in. Not long ago John Williams was targeting Lancaster as our turf.

• Like 2

As I’ve always said, we live and die by ST sales.

There were around 7,000 Rovers non ST holders in the ground yesterday, which is excellent for us, especially at those prices, double the standard walk on turn out. But there was still only c14,000  there, and that is entirely due to the collapse in ST sales. If we still had the c10k ST holders of the Bowyer era, we’d have seen a 21/22k crowd yesterday.

‘Season tickets, season tickets, season tickets’ should always be the mantra at this club and Swag has fecked that up royally in his time here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

To be honest I'd say 14,000 home fans on for a Lancashire derby given our form and league position is pretty poor.

It is only the horrendous 'normal' crowds we get that makes 14,000 seem good.

I'll give you an example - Bolton played Wigan in League One a month or so ago and the crowd there was 21,000 with a similar number of away fans. The last time we went to Preston before lockdown there were 15,000 in the home ends.

And remember that a good 1,000 of those were giveaways in the BBE upper.

Clearly it is a step in the right direction but lets get some perspective here.

It wasn't long ago we had 18-19000 season ticket holders so no I won't consider 14,000 for a derby anything other than quite poor.

I think over 6k walk on fans is a great achievement given a number of factors like weather, close to Christmas, etc

Just over 650 kids in the BBE upper as my tweet post from Yasir Sufi shown that. Watch them going in. 

Not interested in other teams fans. It's about Rovers and getting as fans back as possible..

18k ST holders were PL days. Over 10 years ago