BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

This.

I don't get why you think those two games will be behind closed doors. For restrictions to come in doesn't parliament have to be sitting. I don't think a judgement will be made until parliament reconvenes in the new year.

Just now, rigger said:

I don't get why you think those two games will be behind closed doors. For restrictions to come in doesn't parliament have to be sitting. I don't think a judgement will be made until parliament reconvenes in the new year.

The Welsh Government have just done it without the Senedd sitting. Waiting until Westminster resumes will be far, far too late.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Pretty sure that under the Coronavirus Act, the government reserves the right to close down events deemed a threat to public health.

So do you think they are going to shut down sporting events by enacting that right. Would they also stop new year celebrations. Personnally I don't think they will.

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, rigger said:

So do you think they are going to shut down sporting events by enacting that right. Would they also stop new year celebrations. Personnally I don't think they will.

They already have:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-new-years-eve-trafalgar-square-cancelled-omicron-b1979798.html

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

In the future that may happen, but I don't think it will be till after the christmas/newyear holidays, which is when the two games being discussed, take place. 

You maybe right, but for me there’s a good chance we don’t see Barnsley or Hudds…

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I believe any new measures will required Parliament to vote in the measures which given that Parliament hasn't been recalled so far and it would take 2 days to recalled them then its like any new measures won't be in place until the new year. 

46 minutes ago, Mike E said:

That's cos the Mayor of London is in charge of Trafalgar square new years event. Where Shutting down sporting events or pubs or restaurants would need a decision from Government then Parliament to vote 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Scottish games are going to a 500 capacity from Boxing Day onwards, for at least 3 weeks.

Good way of ensuring that all the 'in crowd'  - sponsors, corporates, guests, directors and basically anyone with loads of money get in to watch but keep out the riff raff.

I think some in football would like that to be the permanent way of things.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe any new measures will required Parliament to vote in the measures which given that Parliament hasn't been recalled so far and it would take 2 days to recalled them then its like any new measures won't be in place until the new year. 

That's cos the Mayor of London is in charge of Trafalgar square new years event. Where Shutting down sporting events or pubs or restaurants would need a decision from Government then Parliament to vote 

No vote needed.

Anyone thinking that restrictions will only last for 2 weeks or believing this 'circuit breaker' talk just needs to remember what happened last year.

They went on and on and on about a 'circuit breaker' in November last year and we weren't properly out of restrictions until this summer. It went on for months and months and months.

The test will reverse once the restrictions are in place. At the moment it is forecasts that are being relied on to determine things i.e. what might happen in a few weeks if restrictions aren't brought in.

But once under restrictions it will be a case of waiting for the data to arrive that proves it is safe to release them and it being unsafe to do so until that data appears.