BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Instagram Dack and Butterworth

47 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Harsh, but true, I guess.

Still, Tony Field and Johnny Price remain two of my favourite Rovers players ever....

Third Division Rubbish...indeed....

Dead right Lenny. My favourite is Faz who, if I remember correctly never kissed the badge. These Johnny come latelys can't hold a candle to some of our 70's and 80's heroes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Can any player really physically and mentally recover from 2 very serious back to back injuries like that though, I think he's going to be joining the long list of english footballs 'could've beens' Im sure he'll still have the occasional little purple patch here and there but I can't see him starting 35/40+ games a year anymore and he's already fast approaching his late 20s

Shearer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, garner1971 said:

Response from Rovers just received. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. It appears to be the absolute minimum in terms of a response. I’d be interested to know what you guys think 🤔 

FD0A863C-AFF4-4349-83D2-62BF11131256.jpeg

I think that's fine. It's been addressed, there's an apology and they are clearly in agreement that it was inappropriate.

The players in question could do worse than come forward and say it was a mistake, sorry if I contributed to the distress of such a heavy loss, etc. Disappointing if they don't now the club has acknowledged it.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Harsh, but true, I guess.

Still, Tony Field and Johnny Price remain two of my favourite Rovers players ever....

Third Division Rubbish...indeed....

It may be nostalgia, as I was only a kid in the seventies, watching Johnny Price, Tony Field and Roger Jones, but they also stick firmly in my memory as Rovers greats, as does Ken Furphy. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, garner1971 said:

Response from Rovers just received. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. It appears to be the absolute minimum in terms of a response. I’d be interested to know what you guys think 🤔 

I think the offence was fairly minor, it's just a shame Dack himself didn't acknowledge it online with a quick message to his fans to show that they and the club are important to him.

Unfortunately with how he let it pan out, it does at least appear that his friends either in the team now or at other clubs are his priority. Which personally as a fan isn't the kind of professionalism or competitiveness that I'm looking for.

Always liked Dack but I'm inclined to agree with others that he's either dim, a prat or both.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, garner1971 said:

That's fair enough. Apology made on behalf of the players, however I direct apology from the players themselves would be welcome. In terms of what they have done to address it, often it's right to be kept within the camp. 

• Like 2