BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Instagram Dack and Butterworth

Poor poor judgement. I’d be embarrassed for liking that. If he’s their mate, shall I pull up another post see if all those ex players, jokers and currents have all liked at the same time? Telling you it’s deliberate and they have little respect. Deliberate because look at the careers of all but 2 of those, downhill slide and that’s why they’ve done it, to laugh at the club.

A ‘mate’ who was at the club 5 minutes, didn’t contribute to promotion.

Graham was always a favourite of mine at the club and it’s sad to see him and Dack react like this. Saddened to see. Could be a generation gap. But Shearer would never behave like this.  

Current players: At a time they couldve reached out and reassured fans using social media… not like this. 

9 hours ago, JWU-Andy said:

for 99.9% of players, it's a job no matter how much badge pointing, badge grabbing or badge kissing they do - it's a job.

We all know "it's only a job" to them and they don't support the Club per se but in any other walk of life how far would you get in your job if you had a high profile job at a  Company that had just posted record annual losses, you had a mate who worked for a rival Company who'd been particularly successful over the same period, and you "liked" a post of his on social media celebrating their success?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We all know "it's only a job" to them and they don't support the Club per se but in any other walk of life how far would you get in your job if you had a high profile job at a  Company that had just posted record annual losses, you had a mate who worked for a rival Company who'd been particularly successful over the same period, and you "liked" a post of his on social media celebrating their success at your Company's expense?

Nailed it Rev.

We just need a real big clear out and I include Dack in that. Speedie recognised the pain that humiliation would cause and voiced it. Venkies cant be dealt with but the rest can. Mowbray is a poor leader who to achieve league one promotion handed authority to the senior pros and lost respect. The problem is these players think they are doing us a favour being here and as Mowbray as continually told us we are a small club. After Wednesday I wish the lot of them would just piss off and do some other club a favour by being there. Wednesday was a professional disgrace and Mowbray can’t even see that so why should the players.

Give me Roy Keane he may not have the best track record but at least he will give us our pride back

• Like 2

Graham, Williams, and the list of other ex players have gone down in my estimation too. They could have qualified their approval by saying “agony for Rovers” fans or similar but they didn't.  They were totally insensitive IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I'm so angry at these two clowns particularly Dack. He has been injured for the best part of two years and in that time got a new deal and the unwavering support of the club and the fans. And he likes the content of a post on social media from an opponent celebrating our highest ever home league defeat. That is an insult to every Rovers fan, particularly the ones who endured that humiliation. 

It's simple from my perspective. Apologise or fuck off.

Yep,received the best Medical care the Club could afford,showered with get well messages and support from the fans.

You see things like that and it makes you shake your head in disgust.

It's galling.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Inta Beaver said:

3F38BDA6-3FBF-4FEE-BB1D-7ADAE2687E46.png

Absolutely unforgiveable from Butterworth and Dack. At least Butterworth retracted the like, but really disappointing from Dack with how the club have been paying him for 2 years for doing nothing.

Tosin and Cairney can be forgiven as they play for Fulham.

Bell is somewhat understandable - I don't think he ever had any real affinity with the club. There's probably plenty of people on here who have worked somewhere they didn't like and would have done something similar about an ex-work place.

Bennett, Graham and Williams are bad ones though. They spent more of their playing career at Rovers than anywhere else as far as I can see, yet apparently revelling in the result.

On the face of it a like on a social media post isn’t very important, but what I can’t get my head around is if you are involved with a club - and I know dack didn’t play, surely seeing a post about your team losing 7-0 would make you angry and not want to see it, never mind like it

Just goes to show the carefree attitude at the club, then they wonder why no fans turn up. Love Dacky to pieces, but lost some respect for him after that, it’s one thing to like the post but to then give a sarcy response rather than just say apologise is really poor form 

Blackburn Rovers Player of the Season awards:

Tom Cairney 13/14

Derek Williams 16/17

Bradley Dack 17/18

Danny Graham 18/19

Hard to imagine a Hendry, Shearer, Jansen, Friedel, Tugay liking a post like this.

I used to have loads of players that I felt an affinity with and would always be upset when they left. Not sure if it's my age (37 now) or what Venky's have done to this club, but I can't think of many (if any) players over the last 5 years that I'd have been upset with leaving. Possibly Dack, but not even him now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Do you know, not sure I agree. I came to this story relatively late and the more I think about it the more it makes my blood boil. It might seem like a little thing at first but on reflection I think it symbolises everything that is rotten and  wrong with the mentality at the Club.

Dack's a senior player at the Club and should be setting an example. He's made an error of judgement, fine, but when pulled up on it he should be apologising for his thoughtlessness and causing any offence. Not compounding the situation.

You could  also count the number of decent performances Bennett put in during five years at the Club on the fingers of one hand. Yet he was rewarded for nor performing with numerous new contracts and the symbolic role of Club Captain, a role he revelled in becoming the Club's self confessed cheer leader and tub thumper on social media. Yet he was the first to be all precious and complain if anyone pulled him up on social media about poor performances. And here he is popping up on social media taking the piss out of the Club as soon as he leaves! What chance did we have when he was here with someone like that "leading" us?

So we have a manager describing a 0-7 Club record home defeat as just one of those things that happens and current players, a former Club Captain and other former players who seemingly find the situation amusing. For me the whole do the bare minimum holiday camp mentality started with Allardyce prioritising certain games and sacrificing others. That worked for him to a degree as his sole target was survival but it seems to me that the stench of mediocrity and culture of doing the bare minimum you can get away with has never left the Club even though since being in the Championship we've theoretically been operating under completely different parameters of trying to win enough games to achieve promotion.

We need a new manager and CEO to come in and give the place the place a right good shake up from top to bottom. And set minimum standards and expectation levels.

Amen. There is a hell of a lot wrong with what happened and those tossers "liking" a post gloating about d1cking us 0-7 in our worst ever home defeat.

• Backroom

Elliott and Bradley think we should grow up. 🙄

Honestly, these people live on a different planet.

Imagine being paid such spectacularly large amounts of money, failing so badly at your job, and then calling everyone else out like they're the morons.

I really can't compute it. 

I don't care that Dack wasn't on the pitch. He's part of a squad that lost 7-0. They're always telling us they win and lose together no matter who's on the teamsheet. I'd be in hiding through embarrassment. 

• Like 8

It reminds me a bit of the Gael Givet comments after we lost 7-1 to Man United just after Venky's had taken over....

“We had warmed up and we went back to the dressing room,” Givet reminisced to L’Equipe . “While we were putting on our shin guards, he said: ‘Guys, wait!’ He put down a projector and showed us a montage of the films ‘Gladiator’ and ‘300’. In short, warriors with swords.

“We were all in the dressing room going: ‘Ahhhh!’ [he said mimicking a soldier with a sword]

“After 30 minutes, we were 3-0 down. We lost 7-1.

“After the match, we were all laughing. The warriors had completely passed us by.”

11 minutes ago, Silas said:

Imagine being paid such spectacularly large amounts of money, failing so badly at your job, and then calling everyone else out like they're the morons.

I don't care that Dack wasn't on the pitch. He's part of a squad that lost 7-0. They're always telling us they win and lose together no matter who's on the teamsheet. I'd be in hiding through embarrassment. 

Elliott Bennett, I wish he’d have grown up beyond playing in a school team. Always playing with ten when that useless sod was on. Outstayed his welcome and still getting his gob involved.

Captain shit-tastic.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I used to have loads of players that I felt an affinity with and would always be upset when they left. Not sure if it's my age (37 now) or what Venky's have done to this club, but I can't think of many (if any) players over the last 5 years that I'd have been upset with leaving. Possibly Dack, but not even him now.

Not your age, I know folk in their 70s and 80s that still rave about, to them, ‘recent’ players like Tugay.

I too have no affinity with this last decade’s bunch and It’s largely due to most players passing through our doors being journeymen mediocrities.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Silas said:

Just shows the total lack of winning mentality. Do you reckon any of the Man Utd players 'liked' posts from Liverpool players celebrating their 5-0 win the other week? I'm sure there are mates across both squads but it's just not something anyone who had any sense of professional pride or even pride in the club they were representing would do. The fact these players double down on it even after being told that it's hurting the fans to see that shows that they have zero respect for the supporters. Absolutely none. Granted we're only talking Dack from the current squad, as Butterworth seemed to retract his 'like' and has wisely remained silent on the whole thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

For what it worth, I think there is a massive over reaction reading some comments on here about this topic. Its the modern way of social media, like it or not.

Can you imagine if current Manchester United players had liked a post from a Liverpool player celebrating their 5-0 win? 

Can you imagine an ex-Manchester United player liking a post? A Gary Neville, a Ryan Giggs or a Roy Keane.

This is everything that is wrong with the club. A complete lack of winning mentality and a no care attitude if we get hammered. They still get paid.

• Like 7

Although it is a bit daft after a horror show like that i agree with 1874 it's just the modern way of a pat on the back.

In past days they'd all be having a beer together afterwards and doing all the back slapping and bonding. If it was a SAT game some of them would all be out together afterwards. It's not really like that anymore so really it's just a 'well played' in the way things are done these days, not saying i agree with it but that's the way it is.

Falling out about it behind the scenes and falling out with fans probably does more damage for spirit than just letting it lie.

As for Bennett weighing in the best thing to do with him is ignore him he's always had a big mouth. Regularly whilst here he seemed to trawl past all the smoke blowing to find one negative comment to kick off about.  He's another example of the modern footballer snowflake, a ten bob lower league player with a fragile ego.

Forget about him.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

For what it worth, I think there is a massive over reaction reading some comments on here about this topic. Its the modern way of social media, like it or not.

It isn't a massive overreaction. The former players I personally couldn't give a toss about, but the optics are awful for Dack in particular. For a player that is getting paid a fortune to be injured for the best part of two years to do this is very disrespectful to the people who pay his wages.

He should also know better. He is a social media'ite these days with his TV show and reality TV star fiancé. If he genuinely wants to congratulate his mate then send him a text message out of site of the public eye.

• Like 1