BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

54 minutes ago, JBiz said:

How do you know they aren’t premier league quality and how do you know other teams aren’t after them?

Why are certain markets only suitable for premier league teams?

How do we compete with 20+ teams ready to pay bigger wages and probably 15+ teams if we get promoted?

If  premier league teams were in for them then it would be known, and i dont think we would be the favourites to get them.

If promoted i would be hoping for more proven quality.

We have been linked with Hedges for 18 months its safe to say that he was being targetted as a championship player.Even Aberdeens Manager said only 2 weeks ago he doesnt know if we still hold an interest as going for promotion.He is 26 and has played for Barnsley and in the scottish league.If he is signed and we are promoted id bet he wont be playing much of a role for us next season.

I dont know the budget if we get promoted but id wager we will be at least doubling what we currently pay our highest earner.We used pay players 35k a week in this league.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

I must have missed the bit where Lenihan has moved on. With our financial position I would wait till the close season, see which league we are in, which players we have for the next season, and strengthen accordingly. 

Who knows what is going on with Lenihan and whether he will stay or go but I wouldn't stop trying to sign players for next season. 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If  premier league teams were in for them then it would be known, and i dont think we would be the favourites to get them.

If promoted i would be hoping for more proven quality.

We have been linked with Hedges for 18 months its safe to say that he was being targetted as a championship player.Even Aberdeens Manager said only 2 weeks ago he doesnt know if we still hold an interest as going for promotion.He is 26 and has played for Barnsley and in the scottish league.If he is signed and we are promoted id bet he wont be playing much of a role for us next season.

I dont know the budget if we get promoted but id wager we will be at least doubling what we currently pay our highest earner.We used pay players 35k a week in this league.

And look at who we paid the 35k a week and it got us nowhere in this league. 

Have we been interested in Hedges for the last 18 months? Link to this?

I would look for Premier league quality but on sensible and affordable wages. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we do need him as at the minute we have Wharton, Ayala, Carter and Philips for next season, so we need at least 1 signing if not 2 especially if we get promote. Pratt need a loan for next season where he can regular football like Wharton did. Can we really trust Ayala long term fitness? Lenihan's future is unclear and not sure he will re-sign here if we aren't promote. So How can we not need at least another centre back especially if we can promote

Think it’s a little too soon to be considering Phillips as 1st team cover. The lad hasn’t even signed his 1st contact yet. Yes he looks a great prospect but that’s all atm I would suggest

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Think it’s a little too soon to be considering Phillips as 1st team cover. The lad hasn’t even signed his 1st contact yet. Yes he looks a great prospect but that’s all atm I would suggest

The thing is Phillips shows enough class now, to be first team cover. He has shown this at U23 level. He will hopefully in the next three or four seasons become an intrinsic part of our defence.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what is going on with Lenihan and whether he will stay or go but I wouldn't stop trying to sign players for next season. 

And look at who we paid the 35k a week and it got us nowhere in this league. 

Have we been interested in Hedges for the last 18 months? Link to this?

I would look for Premier league quality but on sensible and affordable wages. 

Hedges name was linked to us last January so a year ago the point i was making still stands.

I will bet with you now if Hedges signs a pre contract for next season and if we do get promoted a better quality player will be signed.

35k a week is on the low side in the premier league.Yes we should be sensible but we will have to start paying players at least that to have any chance of prolonging our stay.

If we are gonna go down the route of signing better  younger players from lower leagues then i would rather we pay 10 million for Joe Worral at Forest and pay what it takes to take Campbell from Stoke than Hedges.

• Like 1

The plan has to be to strengthen sensibly but with players hopefully good enough to keep us in the PL but also far too good for Championship level - so we have a strong chance of coming straight back up if we go back down. This is a model alot of clubs do. 

Its not easy but a fine balance. Overspend on trash and you're straight back to where we were the last time went down from the PL. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I will bet with you now if Hedges signs a pre contract for next season and if we do get promoted a better quality player will be signed.

Who knows but I think it far too soon to write Hedges off. 

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

35k a week is on the low side in the premier league.Yes we should be sensible but we will have to start paying players at least that to have any chance of prolonging our stay.

Thats we were have agree to disagree but we need financially sensible and not a risk on wages. 

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we are gonna go down the route of signing better  younger players from lower leagues then i would rather we pay 10 million for Joe Worral at Forest and pay what it takes to take Campbell from Stoke than Hedges.

Campbell would cost over 20 million pounds and I wouldnt be paying that despite me rating him highly. I would looking at signing Maja in January on a loan to view to permanent deal next season if we got promote. 

I think we would need to strengthen in midfield and right wing back along as striker and possible centre back depending a number of other factors. So about 5 or 6 signings

30 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Very possible and Rovers must be sensible with him

13 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1109729099?-11198:839

Another centre back linked

already posted it

On 23/12/2021 at 18:45, darrenrover said:

Quite pertinent but surprising, Brighton aren't too fussed on either Khadre or Van Hecke! (Khadre has been a disruptive influence and Van Hecke considered to be injury prone)

From what I've seen (and I go to every game home and away), they'd both do for me!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do they? cos this poster has said this

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35141-january-transfer-window-2022/?do=findComment&comment=2270490

Quality player, used to playing in back 3, and someone I suggested 3 years ago as a potential signing.  Have you ever watch him play? 

here a video of him if you want to look at it https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+souttar&&view=detail&mid=C00FEAAE95E927E10235C00FEAAE95E927E10235&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Djohn%2Bsouttar%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Who knows what the budget will be but I don't expect silly wage budget and I would not be paying above 25/30k a week for any player

You seem to take these comments as gospel. Have you asked where Darren’s information has come from? I very much doubt this is true.

4 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

You seem to take these comments as gospel. Have you asked where Darren’s information has come from? I very much doubt this is true.

I don't think he would posted where he got them from since I asked I asked a few other questions which he refused to answer tho you are more than welcome to ask him yourself

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think he would posted where he got them from since I asked I asked a few other questions which he refused to answer tho you are more than welcome to ask him yourself

He’s a Rovers supporter so why would he have itk for Brighton? It must not be from the web as it would be easy to check. Even without saying where he got the information from he would add credence by indicating the source without compromising the identity. Therefore I would say this is bullshit, which we only need to wait 6 months to confirm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do they? cos this poster has said this

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35141-january-transfer-window-2022/?do=findComment&comment=2270490

Quality player, used to playing in back 3, and someone I suggested 3 years ago as a potential signing.  Have you ever watch him play? 

here a video of him if you want to look at it https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+souttar&&view=detail&mid=C00FEAAE95E927E10235C00FEAAE95E927E10235&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Djohn%2Bsouttar%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Who knows what the budget will be but I don't expect silly wage budget and I would not be paying above 25/30k a week for any player

Have you seen much of Souttar in full out of interest or just highlight reels like the above?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Watch him played for Hearts and Dundee United when their games on Tv. 

Why? 

I would assume he wants to know what you’re basing your opinion on so he can work out what level of consideration to give your opinion. It really doesn’t need a question. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like who? 

Cos we do. We don't know what Lenihan will do at the end of the season. Plus given Ayala age and I would think Ash Philips will get his chance next season But we need an experience centre back and for me Souttar fits that bill plus he has experience of playing in back 3 and is Scottish International player

has only missed 2 games this season and despite his injuries he has made over 220 appearances so far in career 

But he's suffered 5 major injuries in the last 4-5 years.

No way you could rely on him being first choice centre back. 

Might have managed to miss only 2 games so far this season but he only managed 13 apps in total across the 2 previous seasons.

He's a big risk signing, surely.

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

But he's suffered 5 major injuries in the last 4-5 years.

No way you could rely on him being first choice centre back. 

Might have managed to miss only 2 games so far this season but he only managed 13 apps in total across the 2 previous seasons.

He's a big risk signing, surely.

But played most of this season and maybe he is over the injuries. Ayala was signed despite being a risk. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I would assume he wants to know what you’re basing your opinion on so he can work out what level of consideration to give your opinion. It really doesn’t need a question. 

He can always do his own research and since I have mention that I wanted us to sign him 3 years ago. I posted a video for people to look at just like another poster did for me when I asked about Scott Twine. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He can always do his own research and since I have mention that I wanted us to sign him 3 years ago. I posted a video for people to look at just like another poster did for me when I asked about Scott Twine. 

He’s doing absolutely nothing wrong. You’ve given an opinion, he’s asked what you’re basing it on. You do the exact same thing all the time on here.

I’m unsure why you’re being so defensive (or if it’s just the wording of your post making it read as defensive) but I’m confident there’s no malice in it, so it might be worth changing your tone to avoid causing unnecessary disruption. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

director of recruitment john parke has loads of contacts in scotland,if players are coming here it will be from there,there was even a rumour he`s been looking at tony watt,currently at motherwell😲

Ei! because Scotland has such a wealth of top quality hidden gems, they can barely muster together a semi respectable national team

Goodwilie with that👍

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3