BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

If RN still declines the contract offer, there is a far better player in the lad Byrne, the right back at Derby. He is pacy and athletic and has a really good final pass on him.

Byrne would give us more attacking wise than Nyambe

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No way is Nathan Byrne better than Nyambe, especially defensively.

But in the role of a wing back is Nyambe the best we can get. Nyambe isn't good enough going forward in the attacking sense and better as full back. 

Byrne going forward would give us in attacking sense but maybe less defensively. 

I would like Barnsley's right wing back Callum Brittain who was their best player against us last week and someone who impress me every time Ive since him on TV. 

30 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Someone is waging a one man war against one of our great players, Nyambe. I wonder why?

one of our great Rovers player? really? great is used far too much. Great Rovers players in my lifetime are players like Shearer, Flowers, Sherwood, Hendry, Tugay, Friedel, Jansen.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Nyambe is an average Championship full back. I doubt he'd be greatly missed if he left. There are better players out there, that are attainable. 

If Nyambe leaves because we cannot afford his wage demands, why do you think we could afford an adequate replacement?

I would say that he is above average for sure. I don't think he is the best in the league, but he is very much one of the better full backs. He seems to split opinion, some seem to think he is rubbish (one person in particular) and that the average Rankin Costello is better, some seem to think that he is the best in the league, the truth lies in between somewhere. He will leave a big void if he goes though, and be replaced by someone sub par no doubt. Defensively he is right up there, that is the most important thing.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Byrne would give us more attacking wise than Nyambe

But in the role of a wing back is Nyambe the best we can get. Nyambe isn't good enough going forward in the attacking sense and better as full back. 

Byrne going forward would give us in attacking sense but maybe less defensively. 

I would like Barnsley's right wing back Callum Brittain who was their best player against us last week and someone who impress me every time Ive since him on TV. 

one of our great Rovers player? really? great is used far too much. Great Rovers players in my lifetime are players like Shearer, Flowers, Sherwood, Hendry, Tugay, Friedel, Jansen.  

Nyambe isn't a totally blunt instrument going forward, see the first goal v Birmingham, it might not be the typical Alexander Arnold style pin point crossing from deep, but his pace and power is a threat and he is at least becoming cleverer at using said power further up the pitch, I don't think that crosses from deep suit our attackers anyway.

Plus even as a wing back, the defensive side is still key, Nyambe has been integral to us getting all of these clean sheets. Our recent success has been built on a solid defensive foundation.

Even if we did sign another right wing back, we need 2 and Rankin Costello is no use with his fragility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree that Brittain was there best player by far. I’m not sure he’s a wing back as he played in midfield and for the last 20 mins dropped into the right full back position.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

You clearly have an agenda and lots of people are on to it. Come clean  or clear off.

I will repeat it for your understanding for a final time, Inhave no agenda, I do not dislike him, I support him however, using my own observations having played and watched football since I was 4 years old, I have pointed out areas in which he can improve , I have also pointed out that I believe an alternative to RN should he decide to leave, is Byrne at Derby, should he be available if they are relegated at the end of the season. 

If you cannot grasp this then please just put me on ignore, it’s as simple as that. You fail to accept that people are allowed to have an opinion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Nyambe leaves because we cannot afford his wage demands, why do you think we could afford an adequate replacement?

I would say that he is above average for sure. I don't think he is the best in the league, but he is very much one of the better full backs. He seems to split opinion, some seem to think he is rubbish (one person in particular) and that the average Rankin Costello is better, some seem to think that he is the best in the league, the truth lies in between somewhere. He will leave a big void if he goes though, and be replaced by someone sub par no doubt. Defensively he is right up there, that is the most important thing.

At no point ever has anyone said with pure clarity that Rovers are unable to afford Nyambe? Stock answer is he has declined to sign the offer in front of him. If anyone thinks he is going to be offered similar wages to senior players they are seriously mistaken!

57 minutes ago, lraC said:

Exactly, yet Roverite seems to want to blame Nayambe, for almost every goal we have conceded, when he is playing.

That’s total utter rubbish irac and you know it. You asked for examples I gave them. Where have I ever said that I don’t support him ? I haven’t have I?

14 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Why do I always have to explain to you? Great in this team I meant. Is that clear?

calm down. 

Not sure he is that great in this team given thats he is not wing back

10 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Agree that Brittain was there best player by far. I’m not sure he’s a wing back as he played in midfield and for the last 20 mins dropped into the right full back position.

He played right back all game but he is very attacking player. 

In most games I've seen him play mostly on TV he has played right wing back

10 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

@chaddyroverssomeone is having a go at one of this team, on the best run for 11 years, and I'm sticking up for that player. 

He is given his opinion on a player and where he could improve. Thats it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nyambe isn't a totally blunt instrument going forward, see the first goal v Birmingham, it might not be the typical Alexander Arnold style pin point crossing from deep, but his pace and power is a threat and he is at least becoming cleverer at using said power further up the pitch, I don't think that crosses from deep suit our attackers anyway.

Plus even as a wing back, the defensive side is still key, Nyambe has been integral to us getting all of these clean sheets. Our recent success has been built on a solid defensive foundation.

Even if we did sign another right wing back, we need 2 and Rankin Costello is no use with his fragility.

That's why I think we need more attacking wing back to challenge Nyambe for that Right wing back slot. and I wouldn't right Rankin-Costello off yet but maybe look for good loan move for him to league 1 club for 5 months

Byrne or Christie would be ok for me. I would prefer Barnsley's Brittain. Cos of age and I think he would be able to step up to PL level. 

Yes our recent form has been built on both solid defensive foundation and attacking playing to our strength on the counter. 

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

At no point ever has anyone said with pure clarity that Rovers are unable to afford Nyambe? Stock answer is he has declined to sign the offer in front of him. If anyone thinks he is going to be offered similar wages to senior players they are seriously mistaken!

We dont know what wage he has been offered. Although I would suggest as a regular and important member of the starting 11, he would be justifed to ask for a wage towards the higher end of our wage structure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why I think we need more attacking wing back to challenge Nyambe for that Right wing back slot. and I wouldn't right Rankin-Costello off yet but maybe look for good loan move for him to league 1 club for 5 months

Byrne or Christie would be ok for me. I would prefer Barnsley's Brittain. Cos of age and I think he would be able to step up to PL level. 

Yes our recent form has been built on both solid defensive foundation and attacking playing to our strength on the counter. 

In one breath you don't rate Nyambe at RB, but rate JRC at RB? Your logic is baffling.

51 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Nyambe is an average Championship full back. I doubt he'd be greatly missed if he left. There are better players out there, that are attainable. 

Jesus, name me 10 RBs in this league better than Nyambe then if he's "average"?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He played right back all game but he is very attacking player. 

In most games I've seen him play mostly on TV he has played right wing back

Did you go to the game? I thought I’d got it wrong so checked with someone I sat with. They agreed with my assessment. I’ve checked on the t’interweb and it does have him as a defender. He definitely played further up the park in the first half and the beginning of the second half.

People wanting to spend money on 2 full/wing backs pushing 30, who will be earning substantially more than Nyambe is currently being offered. Strangely, Nyambe is the one current player who Chaddy refuses to steadfastly defend, quite the opposite, he’s never liked him. Poor way to treat a lad who has been with us since he was a kid and clocked up nearly 200 appearances for the club.

Besides, if we get promoted, which we actually look capable of for the first time in a decade with Nyambe an integral part of the team, I think we will be bloody grateful of fullbacks who are primarily defensive minded.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Not quite. He's having a go at Nyambe on 2 threads and saying go back 2 years when we're 2nd in the league. 

But still given his opinion on him just like you are. 

3 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Did you go to the game? I thought I’d got it wrong so checked with someone I sat with. They agreed with my assessment. I’ve checked on the t’interweb and it does have him as a defender. He definitely played further up the park in the first half and the beginning of the second half.

Of course I went to the game. I don't miss home games and it took a pandemic to stop me from attending. 

He played very advanced as the right back. 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Strangely, Nyambe is the one current player who Chaddy refuses to steadfastly defend, quite the opposite, he’s never liked him.

I think Nyambe is solid championship right back player who defensive is good enough. Do I think his attacking side of the game as improve enough for me over the last 5 years to be wing back? no for me but I hope we keep him and he signs a new contract here, cos he solid defensive right back and would suit us in back 4 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

People wanting to spend money on 2 full/wing backs pushing 30, who will be earning substantially more than Nyambe is currently being offered.

Well one is a suggestion from a poster and another one is someone we have been linked with last week. 

42 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I've pointed out the basic logical flaw here previously and I don't remember getting a halfway effective response to the contrary. Perhaps I did and missed it, so I'll try again.

If we have made him an offer, and he hasn't signed it...and we aren't going to make him a better offer....then we can't afford him. Unless of course, he is just unhappy at the club, or signs it in the future.

Out of curiosity, where are the usual suspects who call fans 'negative' and suggest they are failing to support the team, reducing the morale of a given player, etc etc whenever an honest summation of someone's talents at the time is given?

Shouldn't they all be in here giving pelters for someone daring to question the ability of one of our starting 11 whilst we are 2nd in the league? Or is it alright because that player is probably leaving and it's the club's fault, so it serves as a way to defend the club (by which I mean the poor-calibre executive decision-makers we have at the club, but to some that's the same thing)?

• Like 3

Seems a bit of a coincidence that some of the longer term Nyambie bashers are ones who claim 'sauces' close to the club.

Of course though we know whenever a player leaves Rovers it's down to no one but themselves !

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've pointed out the basic logical flaw here previously and I don't remember getting a halfway effective response to the contrary. Perhaps I did and missed it, so I'll try again.

If we have made him an offer, and he hasn't signed it...and we aren't going to make him a better offer....then we can't afford him. Unless of course, he is just unhappy at the club, or signs it in the future.

As it stands and as I understand it he has been offered a significant increase in salary, some may suggest double what he is currently on, so on that basis Rovers can easily afford him, he chooses via his representative not to sign it. The suggestion Rovers cannot afford him are wrong in that aspect. Furthermore, looking across the Championship wage spectrum the offer would seem to be above average suggesting only a couple of teams have the money to beat Rovers wage wise. In addition the big three - Fulham, WBA and Bournemouth all have better players in that position and have not sought to sign him, even less chance as 2 out of the 3 will be promoted. RN is not a Premiership defender yet so I beg the question where does he think he will get a better playing opportunity?

Just now, 1864roverite said:

As it stands and as I understand it he has been offered a significant increase in salary, some may suggest double what he is currently on, so on that basis Rovers can easily afford him, he chooses via his representative not to sign it. The suggestion Rovers cannot afford him are wrong in that aspect. Furthermore, looking across the Championship wage spectrum the offer would seem to be above average suggesting only a couple of teams have the money to beat Rovers wage wise. In addition the big three - Fulham, WBA and Bournemouth all have better players in that position and have not sought to sign him, even less chance as 2 out of the 3 will be promoted. RN is not a Premiership defender yet so I beg the question where does he think he will get a better playing opportunity?

The financial side of it is all conjecture, assumptions and estimations. Even if you have specifically been told that its been doubled which I read from your post to be very much an aasumption rather than a known fact, we dont know what he is on know, what other right backs in the league are on, what our other players are on.

Waggott has said in the fans forum that our last contract offers to all 3 were as much as we could offer with the current budget so it is down to money, but the ins and outs are unknown. He might only be on 3k now and a double your money offer could still be considered paltry, totally hypothetical but all we know is that Waggott said we offered him (and the others) as far as we could go and the deals all remain unsigned months after that, in which time on the pitch things have gone very well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There’s a difference between not being able to afford him and somebody demanding more than they are worth 

None of us really know the offer on the table but we do know that a lot of clubs have players unwilling to sign new contracts. We also know the typical advice from agents is to sit tight and wait in the current climate 

I think some people are missing a big part of the picture here. Given that we are on a promotion run with potential for these players to be in the Premier League next year, with all of the filthy lucre it brings, it would not be in their best interests to sign a contract tieing them to a Championship level wage for the next couple of years. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

double so we've offered him around 3k a week then given he was one of the lowest paid if not the lowest in the first team squad

• Like 1