BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

42 minutes ago, rigger said:

If I was brokering a deal with Brighton for Diaz. I would ask for : £15 million, plus Khedra and Van Hecke on permanants, with no sell on clauses either way. And Brighton loan Diaz back to us for the rest of the season.  

do you really think Brighton would agree to that? if Brighton want a striker and paying that sort of money they would want him straight away for the first team? 

Mowbray rubbished the Brighton linked with Brereton after the Bournemouth game according to Rich Sharpe on the Rovers chat interview discussing potential signings, outgoings and contracts. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19778739.mowbray-quashes-ben-brereton-exit-talk-brighton-links/

Also swap deals are very hard to do

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

This worries me. We are very light if one or two of our midfielders get crocked. Maybe should have rotated him in for a few games.   

I think sending Clarkson back is in order to bring another one. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

This worries me. We are very light if one or two of our midfielders get crocked. Maybe should have rotated him in for a few games.   

We tried that already, it went badly.

10 hours ago, JBiz said:

As for BB - those who said he was “hopeless” contributed to his lack of confidence, in my opinion of course.

To expect a 19 year old to light up the team, in a new position, with fleeting appearances - was a ridiculous expectation.

That is just nonsense. Rovers fans to blame for Brereton's early form---behave yourself!

To expect a £7M player (a lot at the time) to at least function in a Championship team was the minimum we could expect. He played fleetingly and in the wrong position because Mowbray had to justify the purchase. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do you really think Brighton would agree to that? if Brighton want a striker and paying that sort of money they would want him straight away for the first team? 

When you are barterring a deal, you always start above  the level you will accept. Did we not need a left back last season, yet we loaned Pickering back to Crewe. 

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

When you are barterring a deal, you always start above  the level you will accept. Did we not need a left back last season, yet we loaned Pickering back to Crewe. 

Were we bidding 15 million plus for him? Also we did have 2 left backs already at the club

10 hours ago, JBiz said:

We’ve already taken the chance, 5 million of them. I don’t think we could argue that letting him go for nothing is a good idea.

As for BB - those who said he was “hopeless” contributed to his lack of confidence, in my opinion of course.

To expect a 19 year old to light up the team, in a new position, with fleeting appearances - was a ridiculous expectation.

Confidence doesn’t change a players technical ability, but it will impact decision making. Fill Gally with confidence by playing him in a more a suitable role… throw in some luck with injuries and a few goals….

Could easily be as much as an asset as Ben is now, and as Armstrong before.

How old was Harvey Elliot ?

To expect a bit more from a 19 year old with about 30 championship appearances, that prompted a club to agree a 7 million pound deal isn't unreasonable in the slightest.

To expect him to be consistently great is but then nobody did really did they history is just being rewritten now to suit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think he has been sent back so that we can bring another midfielder in. Mowbray loves stockpiling centre mids. I'm sure we'll see at least one come in this month.

Good point, maybe he needs someone more tried and tested for a serious run at promotion.  

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Having a bit of quality or even just a proper winger to bring on today down that right hand side could have a made the difference. 

I expect us to look at that position with Poveda being ruled out. Amad Diallo on loan from United would be ideal for that role, imo. Young, flair player, needs games. Could be a Harvey Elliott type capture for 6 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

That is just nonsense. Rovers fans to blame for Brereton's early form---behave yourself!

To expect a £7M player (a lot at the time) to at least function in a Championship team was the minimum we could expect. He played fleetingly and in the wrong position because Mowbray had to justify the purchase. 

Again - if simply suggesting certain comments and reactions impacted his performance is “blaming fans”…! 

Ridiculous, not what anyone said.

7m a lot at the time?

I don’t know which time you’re talking about? For us a lot, but no reason to write someone off after half a dozen fleeting appearances.

He justified his own purchase in the end, hence why certain players are signed for potential.

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How old was Harvey Elliot ?

To expect a bit more from a 19 year old with about 30 championship appearances, that prompted a club to agree a 7 million pound deal isn't unreasonable in the slightest.

To expect him to be consistently great is but then nobody did really did they history is just being rewritten now to suit. 

I expected more but I didn’t get a chance to fully see him compete for 12/18 months due to appearances.

I don’t think anyone even got close to mentioning what the expectation was - this entire tangent all came from one sentence about certain comments / reactions not helping his (and Sam Gallagher’s) confidence - why this is such a touchy subject is beyond me.

Comparison with someone who made the Liverpool first team at 20? Bit different, considering he’d probably cost any team in a position to buy him, at least twice what BB cost.

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Again - if simply suggesting certain comments and reactions impacted his performance is “blaming fans”…! 

7m a lot at the time?

I don’t know which time you’re talking about? For us a lot, but no reason to write someone off after half a dozen fleeting appearances.

He justified his own purchase in the end, hence why certain players are signed for potential.

I expected more but I didn’t get a chance to fully see him compete for 12/18 months due to appearances.

I don’t think anyone even got close to mentioning what the expectation was - this entire tangent all came from one sentence about certain comments / reactions not helping his (and Sam Gallagher’s) confidence - why this is such a touchy subject is beyond me.

Comparison with someone who made the Liverpool first team at 20? Bit different, considering he’d probably cost any team in a position to buy him, at least twice what BB cost.

The specific form of abuse is never particularly clarified or specified.

In ground, on here, elsewhere on the internet?

Assuming in ground:

Isolated idiotic individuals? Groups of people together? The whole crowd?

Every game? Every mistake? Occasionally?

Online chatter? Moans and groans under peoples breath? Booing? Chants against him?

Aimed at the player specifically, the manager, the team, all 3?

Its just all still to vague for me and seemingly others. What is defined as abuse to you? Is there a level of judgement that can be deemed acceptable (writing he didnt play well on here for example) or a line whereby you can get to whereby it is understandable, organic, spontaneous frustration? (a moan when a pass is misplaced etc) Could the lack of confidence stem from the actual underperforming rather than fan reaction?

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

7m a lot at the time?

Not really, i think he cost Liverpool considerably less initially although i'll stand corrected. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The specific form of abuse is never particularly clarified or specified.

In ground, on here, elsewhere on the internet?

Assuming in ground:

Isolated idiotic individuals? Groups of people together? The whole crowd?

Every game? Every mistake? Occasionally?

Online chatter? Moans and groans under peoples breath? Booing? Chants against him?

Aimed at the player specifically, the manager, the team, all 3?

Its just all still to vague for me and seemingly others. What is defined as abuse to you? Is there a level of judgement that can be deemed acceptable (writing he didnt play well on here for example) or a line whereby you can get to whereby it is understandable, organic, spontaneous frustration? (a moan when a pass is misplaced etc) Could the lack of confidence stem from the actual underperforming rather than fan reaction?

Id say a minority of groans - similarly  with social media (as you know Facebook / Twitter) but I’m sure they resonated - as his performances showed, when offered a small chance at the time.

There seems to be a large amount of prickly / overreacting to suggestion of some impact with this.

We’ve all seen the impact the love from Chile has had - not to mention, lining up with world superstars.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Not really, i think he cost Liverpool considerably less initially although i'll stand corrected. 

I only recall he was a record “tribunal” fee but at his current age he is surely 30/40 probably more if you really want him!

34 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Id say a minority of groans - similarly  with social media (as you know Facebook / Twitter) but I’m sure they resonated - as his performances showed, when offered a small chance at the time.

There seems to be a large amount of prickly / overreacting to suggestion of some impact with this.

We’ve all seen the impact the love from Chile has had - not to mention, lining up with world superstars.

I only recall he was a record “tribunal” fee but at his current age he is surely 30/40 probably more if you really want him!

Id suggest that bringing back up "a minority of groans" from 2 years ago is the overreaction.

Out of interest, take today, a few times stray passes went out of play or a poor ball/unnecessary foul ended an attack. A few natural, totally organic growns ensue out of frustration. Would that be defined as abuse?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id suggest that bringing back up "a minority of groans" from 2 years ago is the overreaction.

Out of interest, take today, a few times stray passes went out of play or a poor ball/unnecessary foul ended an attack. A few natural, totally organic growns ensue out of frustration. Would that be defined as abuse?

This discourse to me seems like a proper overreaction to “As for BB - those who said he was “hopeless” contributed to his lack of confidence, in my opinion of course.” 

Did you notice the part in bold?

The initial discussion was about SG having a new contract. Hence quotation of “hopeless”. My view on this is we should give him time, Gallagher I mean.

There will be some who won’t and that’s up to them, and BB was an example of that freedom. Any away or home stick / abuse was never more than a minority but it did exist.

Similarly with online / social media, most patient, a small amount prepared to question his validity as footballer within a blink of an eye. There’s countless examples a thread away.

To try and turn this into a “Blaming the fans” or “what is your definition of abuse?” topic, beside the point. I only suggested some opinions had a knock on impact of confidence, why is that so insulting to people, not just you RF?

The last thing id say on a topic out of thread, BB (like many players) is a confidence player. It is no coincidence his finishing has improved immeasurably due to the love of Chile fans, the opportunity to play in those international competitions and the cumulative effect of playing consistently and scoring goals.

Hence why it’s easy to surmise the fella had a confidence issue when he signed for “big money”.

Perhaps Gallagher has a similar issue related to constant niggling injuries?

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I expect us to look at that position with Poveda being ruled out. Amad Diallo on loan from United would be ideal for that role, imo. Young, flair player, needs games. Could be a Harvey Elliott type capture for 6 months.

If available that seems a good shout. Also reminded me of Hannibal Mejbri at Manure, and wondering how doable that would be too.

I'll admit I've never seen either player, but I've heard both spoken about in very glowing terms (Diallo cost Manure nearly 20 million last Jan) and neither of them seem to have played much at any level this season which raises fitness questions....well, Mejbri has played 6 games for the Tunisian senior team between 30th November and 18th December, so I guess his fitness isn't really in question.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/11/liverpool-to-pay-fulham-record-fee-for-harvey-elliott-after-tribunal-ruling

1.2 mill initially, rising up to 4.3 mill eventually, potentially.

Although as it was a tribunal fee and Fulham were hoping for about 10 million, comparing his price to Brereton's is pointless.

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

This discourse to me seems like a proper overreaction to “As for BB - those who said he was “hopeless” contributed to his lack of confidence, in my opinion of course.” 

Did you notice the part in bold?

The initial discussion was about SG having a new contract. Hence quotation of “hopeless”. My view on this is we should give him time, Gallagher I mean.

There will be some who won’t and that’s up to them, and BB was an example of that freedom. Any away or home stick / abuse was never more than a minority but it did exist.

Similarly with online / social media, most patient, a small amount prepared to question his validity as footballer within a blink of an eye. There’s countless examples a thread away.

To try and turn this into a “Blaming the fans” or “what is your definition of abuse?” topic, beside the point. I only suggested some opinions had a knock on impact of confidence, why is that so insulting to people, not just you RF?

The last thing id say on a topic out of thread, BB (like many players) is a confidence player. It is no coincidence his finishing has improved immeasurably due to the love of Chile fans, the opportunity to play in those international competitions and the cumulative effect of playing consistently and scoring goals.

Hence why it’s easy to surmise the fella had a confidence issue when he signed for “big money”.

Perhaps Gallagher has a similar issue related to constant niggling injuries?

If people have made a judgement on Gallagher, it isn't because of an unwillingness to give him time. This is his 3rd season here, 4th if you include his loan spell, all of which he featured regularly in. 

I think that Brereton has come on leaps and bounds for a number of different reasons. The Chile situation will have given him confidence but mainly through the utter novelty of the situation and the prestige, most if not all of his games came in front of empty stadiums, its obviously a situation that couldnt be replicated at Ewood. He also has thrived being the main man for the first time this season, the way we play suits him, he is 22 now and has physically developed, all in though, no one could have predicted this a year or 2 ago, 20 goals before New Year.

I feel like with the fanbase, you are unnecessarily and purposely provoking people with your opinions surrounding confidence, purposely yet not blatantly implying a lack of support.

Anyway, back to the transfers. No thanks to Burke. Maybe he would show something he has never done prior in a Rovers shirt, but I would much prefer a striker who will help Brereton out, along with Dack of course.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If people have made a judgement on Gallagher, it isn't because of an unwillingness to give him time. This is his 3rd season here, 4th if you include his loan spell, all of which he featured regularly in. 

I think that Brereton has come on leaps and bounds for a number of different reasons. The Chile situation will have given him confidence but mainly through the utter novelty of the situation and the prestige, most if not all of his games came in front of empty stadiums, its obviously a situation that couldnt be replicated at Ewood. He also has thrived being the main man for the first time this season, the way we play suits him, he is 22 now and has physically developed, all in though, no one could have predicted this a year or 2 ago, 20 goals before New Year.

I feel like with the fanbase, you are unnecessarily and purposely provoking people with your opinions surrounding confidence, purposely yet not blatantly implying a lack of support.

Anyway, back to the transfers. No thanks to Burke. Maybe he would show something he has never done prior in a Rovers shirt, but I would much prefer a striker who will help Brereton out, along with Dack of course.

Key part of thriving is being “the main man” which is impossible if you’re perennially injured and / or playing second fiddle.

I still think there is time to improve.

Overall, agree on the BB differences part but purposely provoking people? Give me a break pal - it’s not worth my time, and I’m surprised pointing out, that the idea; “negativity” is sometimes detrimental, is so upsetting to you and a few others!

The s*n has us in for Wales left back Taylor on a free, along with half the championship so pretty unlikely. Been playing for Middlesbrough on a short term deal that runs out this month. Seems like lazy paper talk, can't really see us going after a third left back when there are more pressing areas to strengthen.

8 hours ago, JBiz said:

It exactly what you said! "As for BB - those who said he was “hopeless” contributed to his lack of confidence, in my opinion of course." How is that not blaming fans?

Yet you have no problem in posting this "To expect a 19 year old to light up the team, in a new position, with fleeting appearances - was a ridiculous expectation."

So ridiculous that nobody ever had it! You made it up! 

Edited by 47er