BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It might suit our "counter attacking style" but its no good if the player isnt very good and doesnt have any end product. What is he offering that Dolan, Gallagher and Khadra all don't, all of whom have pace, directness and chip in with goals but not particularly many each?

Depends what you mean by natural strikers, someone like Armstrong would be ideal next to Brereton, it doesn't have to be a 6 foot 6 lump, someone who can give us pace but an actual regular goal threat as we are very reliant on Brereton to score as the goalscoring charts proves.

Another striker would be welcome but we are second top scorers in the league.Take Solankes goals away from Bournemouth and Mitrovic goals away from Fulham 

Burke looks pretty identical to Gallagher on paper🤷‍♀️ might be worth getting on loan until the end of the season, but not worth paying good money for in my humble opinion!

Attack wise we really need someone more in the poveda mould that can make something out of nothing, obviously those types of players are very few and far between though

If another CB does come in for the 1st team then I've a feeling Ayala be be on his way out as he's too good and at the age where he won't be happy warming the bench every week waiting for one of the others to get injured.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough. Would be surprise if we sold any of them but who knows. 

Think we need a more attacking right wing back signing

That's depends on your opinion on Burke and how Mowbray see him as player and his role if he was signed, 

I don't think Armstrong would suit our team as he would have to work back and defend which isn't his strongest suit really. 

Didn't mention a big lump but I asking yourself you how we signed a main striker in our current system for example Would a Maja or Healey fit how we play currently? or would you change formation to bring in main striker in? 

We are currently 2nd top goalscorers in the league behind Fulham. 

Does Brereton do loads of defensive work? Not really. Was Armstrong particularly lazy? Not really, in fact the other day he put in an incredible selfless shift for his team who were a man down v Spurs which I watched. 

Obviously he won't be coming back but was just an example, but as is usually the case, I haven't a clue specifically who we could get that is available, Armstrong was just an example of a familiar player who ticks the boxes, quick, scores goals, can drift wide if necessary. Like you, I have never seen Healey play and certainly won't be making conclusions based on YouTube compilations. Maja I have seen for Sunderland and also for Fulham, maybe he could be the man as he seems to have an ability to sniff out goals, I remember him v Everton scoring 2 for Fulham. But his career has been stop start plus he has injury questions so maybe not.

My view on Burke is that he has been poor every time I have seen him for Sheffield United, Scotland and West Brom. Quick but no end product, any initial promise he may have shown years ago has fizzled out. He has pace ergo "fits the style" but thats no good if he has no quality, signing Usain Bolt would "fit the style" in the same way!

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Another striker would be welcome but we are second top scorers in the league.Take Solankes goals away from Bournemouth and Mitrovic goals away from Fulham 

Of course. When a team has a goalscorer like we have both this season and last, it naturally makes other players goal contributions seem more meagre in comparison. If Brereton had 10/12, Gallagher on 5, Dolan on 4 and Khadra on 3 would not seem as distant in comparison. I just think that another goalscorer (well 2 if you factor in Dack) would really give us another string to our bow.

Burke is crap, every time I have seen him he has been poor, just quick and I don't see what he would offer that those other 3 players would.

Mowbray and Rovers surpassing all expectations so far - since the Fulham debacle, things have 'clicked'.

This season might well be the best opportunity the Venky's have had to return to the 'promised land'.

Wise heads and shrewd investment needed.  The older ones on here will recall Gordon Lee signing Mick Hickman and Souey getting Berkovic - both great signings in helping to achieve promotion in those seasons.

Signs are the fans are beginning to respond and return to Ewood.

I hope to get there myself soon.

Happy NY all - let's hope it proves to be a promotion cracker. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

If we can get Maja and Burke in, back up CM and RB cover, and keep all of our players then we'll have had a very good window. 

Burke and Maja could give us that extra quality to maintain our promotion push. 

What makes you think that Burke will give us extra quality compared to what we have?

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does Brereton do loads of defensive work? Not really. Was Armstrong particularly lazy? Not really, in fact the other day he put in an incredible selfless shift for his team who were a man down v Spurs which I watched. 

Obviously he won't be coming back but was just an example, but as is usually the case, I haven't a clue specifically who we could get that is available, Armstrong was just an example of a familiar player who ticks the boxes, quick, scores goals, can drift wide if necessary. Like you, I have never seen Healey play and certainly won't be making conclusions based on YouTube compilations. Maja I have seen for Sunderland and also for Fulham, maybe he could be the man as he seems to have an ability to sniff out goals, I remember him v Everton scoring 2 for Fulham. But his career has been stop start plus he has injury questions so maybe not.

Yes he works back and helps the full back out. 

Yes put in a shift in that particulary game down to Southampton being down to 10 men but when he played as winger here did he track back and help defensively? not all the time. 

I don't see Maja playing the wide forward role as he is main striker type so unless we play 3-4-3 or go back to playing 4-2-3-1 then not sure he would be the right fit. Not getting into any argument Healey who is scoring goals and main 9 striker. 

What we need a wide attacker/striker who can score goals whilst playing the role we need and being good defensively. 

20 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

If we can get Maja and Burke in, back up CM and RB cover, and keep all of our players then we'll have had a very good window. 

Burke and Maja could give us that extra quality to maintain our promotion push. 

does Maja fit our formation and the way we play our front 2? not sure he does. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes put in a shift in that particulary game down to Southampton being down to 10 men but when he played as winger here did he track back and help defensively? not all the time. 

I don't see Maja playing the wide forward role as he is main striker type so unless we play 3-4-3 or go back to playing 4-2-3-1 then not sure he would be the right fit. Not getting into any argument Healey who is scoring goals and main 9 striker. 

What we need a wide attacker/striker who can score goals whilst playing the role we need and being good defensively. 

You have been championing Maja for a while. Even if he isn't the correct fit, there are surely players out there that can play the way we play with pace and an actual goal threat.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need different options. A lot of teams will come to Ewood and put 11 men behind the ball. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Aside from a bit of early promise many years ago at Forest, I am not sure that has been evident.

That's just your opinion.  There's a few on here think it might be a good addition and I've always thought he's not fulfilled his potential.  Maybe he will here and we will have a good one on our hands.

Edited by Sparks Rover

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have been championing Maja for a while. Even if he isn't the correct fit, there are surely players out there that can play the way we play with pace and an actual goal threat.

I like Maja as a player when he was at Sunderland but not sure he fits out style of play currently. 

I agree they will players that they would have scouted and be looking to bring in who. Will be interesting who we bring in

13 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

We need different options. A lot of teams will come to Ewood and put 11 men behind the ball. 

true, Would you try 4-2-3-1 second half today when Huddersfield were so strong defensive? 

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t fancy our chances of keeping BBD if Newcastle are interested! They’ve go money to burn 🔥 

Not sure they will waste £25m on a stop gap player because should they survive they will splash the cash big time next season leaving BBD out of place and nowhere to go on huge money. Not even the barcodes are as daft as that despite the resources at their disposal 

20 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Better than Dolan and Gally imo. 

My colleague is a staunch Sheff Utd fan and reckons Burke is honestly the worst player he’s ever seen. Check their social media handles and most fans agree with this assessment….

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Not sure they will waste £25m on a stop gap player because should they survive they will splash the cash big time next season leaving BBD out of place and nowhere to go on huge money. Not even the barcodes are as daft as that despite the resources at their disposal 

I pray you’re right….because if they’ve decided they want him then he’s as good as gone! They won’t struggle hitting Venkys magic number and then x5 BBD’s wages!

IF we sell….I bloody hope we’ve got better targets than Oli ‘couldn’t hit a barn door’ Burke!! 🙈

• Like 1