BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Biggest footballing joy next year

Plus I have some signed, framed memorabilia of Nobby Stiles & Sir Bobby Charlton, the only 2 English players to win the WC & European Cup / Champions League. It would have no value if England win the WC!!

(It was a drunken purchase in an auction at a kids xmas footy do years ago. It's stashed away wrapped up in a dark cupboard, there's no way I'm putting it on display with Utd's badge on it!)

• Like 1

Definitely Rovers. I get really involved in major tournaments & this summer was brilliant (until it wasn't), but at the same time I often don't even watch the Qualifiers during international breaks.

Completely different with Rovers. Only things which take up more of thoughts are family and work, and there are times when they're debatable! 

• Like 1

I've probably got a slightly unusual perspective on this, living in Scotland. I would be able to dine out on England winning the world cup for the rest of my life probably, whereas generally nobody up here really gives a fuck about Blackburn Rovers as such. Despite all that its still a close call though....... 

• Like 2

On 19/12/2021 at 09:31, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve seen us win the World Cup. It was no big deal at the time. I was more upset with Rovers getting relegated earlier that year.

You were more upset with Rovers getting relegated than England winning the World Cup? Obviously* 😂

*Unless you're Scottish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I've probably got a slightly unusual perspective on this, living in Scotland. I would be able to dine out on England winning the world cup for the rest of my life probably, whereas generally nobody up here really gives a fuck about Blackburn Rovers as such. Despite all that its still a close call though....... 

This is a good point. The prospect of losing to Scotland at a major tournament when you have Scottish in-laws was up there with the prospect of losing to Burnley when we had the 30 year plus unbeaten record. 

• Like 1

Lost interest in England years ago to be honest, obviously I still want them to win but they don't even come close to Rovers in terms of priorities!

I grew up watching blood stained heroes like Butcher, its difficult to get behind a load of fairies who are more interested in hairstyles and dabbing nowadays.

• Like 1

The choice as it is - Rovers or England - is easy. Rovers every time even with Venky's in charge.

If the the choice was:

1) Rovers promotion and Venky's remain or

2) Rovers miss out on promotion but get new, engaged, fan-friendly, owners ( probably with less money ) and a new board.

What would people go for?  

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting perspective, I don’t have any Scottish family, but I honestly couldn’t imagine caring less if they’d have won at Wembley the other month…

You would if you lived and worked in Glasgow mate, without a doubt. The Celtic fans were bad enough when they knocked Rovers out of Europe 20 years ago.........

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

The choice as it is - Rovers or England - is easy. Rovers every time even with Venky's in charge.

If the the choice was:

1) Rovers promotion and Venky's remain or

2) Rovers miss out on promotion but get new, engaged, fan-friendly, owners ( probably with less money ) and a new board.

What would people go for?  

1. Every time. What happens on the pitch is always the most important issue for a fan, surely?