BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Biggest footballing joy next year

Due to the perilous financial situation of rovers resulting in question marks over whether even exist as a football club down the track for me it has to be rovers. Only due to the prem money and the chance for the Venkys to sell up.

But I’d get more joy watching England win the World Cup.

• Like 2

How did I know who this thread starter would be?!

England? I get someone like the original poster, he’s long stopped being particularly interested in Rovers. I get those that would say ‘Rovers’ if you pushed them to say who they support, but generally only watch football every couple of years for international tournaments.

But for those that have stuck by it over this horrendous decade, get to Ewood etc, I just couldn’t fathom choosing an England team full of players you’ve no particular connection to, that hardly anybody bats an eyelid at outside said tournament, to the club you pour your heart and soul into week after week, year after year, who you often have family and local ties with going back generations etc etc

… but each to their own.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

After everything the last ten years, it would be Rovers without question.

If we were an established PL team again, then I’d take an England WC win as I’ve already seen us win the league.

But, typically, I’m Rovers>England.

9 hours ago, roverandout said:

England to win the world cup or rovers promoted?  I will go with England myself 

Before venkys destroyed us, under real footballing people, I had every confidence that winning cups and pots was always just around the corner domestically, so England winning the world cup was always the holly grail and I'd have agreed with you roverandout. Having followed the national side for many years, home and away, the country deserves a world cup, the fans deserve a world cup and I hope to see one won before I pop my clogs. 

But now, under this lot, I'm hoping promotion will see back of them, so its promotion for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How did I know who this thread starter would be?!

England? I get someone like the original poster, he’s long stopped being particularly interested in Rovers. I get those that would say ‘Rovers’ if you pushed them to say who they support, but generally only watch football every couple of years for international tournaments.

But for those that have stuck by it over this horrendous decade, get to Ewood etc, I just couldn’t fathom choosing an England team full of players you’ve no particular connection to, that hardly anybody bats an eyelid at outside said tournament, to the club you pour your heart and soul into week after week, year after year, who you often have family and local ties with going back generations etc etc

… but each to their own.

I still have an interest in Rovers but venkys have destroyed most of my love for Rovers.  I'm happy they're doing well. But it's always been England first for me