BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

• Backroom
7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

McNeil confirmed to Everton. We apparently going back in for O’Hare as well as a Scottish centre half called Hendry 😂

You STILL try to imitate us, eh? 😉

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are apparently not playing with wingers. McNeil was awful last season, weird signing by Everton.

Seems so re wingers, at least for now. Width from the full backs, Cullen (or AN Other) to drop into a back 3 when we are on the attack seems to be the plan.

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

You STILL try to imitate us, eh? 😉

Highest form of flattery mate 😂

3 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I fucking hate being jealous of b*ly.

No real need to be. First of you had a team from last season, one that did well and needs tweaks more than surgery. We have to buy 2/3 of a team/squad. The players we’ve signed are young and largely unproven at this level. I don’t expect a flying start, is going to take some time for the team to gel and get to grips with the system.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t remember another team that was relegated from the Prem having such a clear out. Most teams lose a few of their better players but this is verging on a whole team, or certainly all the ones capable of playing at that level.

Perfect storm. No real investment in the squad for 3 years, allowed contracts to run down and then relegated. The saving grace is the wage bill will have dropped significantly.

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Perfect storm. No real investment in the squad for 3 years, allowed contracts to run down and then relegated. The saving grace is the wage bill will have dropped significantly.

Thanks, still feels like music to the ears some 2 months later. 

Like your favourite song coming on the radio. 😆

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Silas said:

This made me smile. As did coming across photos of our jelly and ice cream party in May when I was having a clear-out on my phone yesterday :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

One thing about it is your games will be no longer as predictable as they were. Anything can happen now. New line up. Probable new way of playing. Lots of new faces. Some interesting young players. Change of style. 

Kompany has come in to re-build and he’ll find it a lot easier to re-build in this division than the Prem.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are apparently not playing with wingers.

They are after a winger from Belgium 

McNeil was awful last season, weird signing by Everton.

Everton are buying a young player who they help develop and a better quality team mates

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everton are buying a young player who they help develop and a better quality team mates

Not even sure about the better quality team mates, Everton's squad is looking poor. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 minutes ago, frosty said:

Not even sure about the better quality team mates, Everton's squad is looking poor. 

This - they got 4 more points than we did. Sure marginally better - after spending 400 million you’d hope to be more than 4 points better than a team with an average net spend of 5 million a season.

1 hour ago, Silas said:

I enjoyed your relegations, especially the one to league one. Only fair you take some pleasure in ours 😬

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not sure about that. Everton look weak and wont be able to rely on Richarlison to bail them out as they did in the second half of last season. More onus will fall on Dele Alli who always seemed a desperate gamble.

McNeil obviously had a more productive season in the season before last but 1 assist and 0 goals, is he an upgrade on the likes of Gray and Gordon who themselves are hardly the most productive wingers? Not so sure he is.

Not sure Lampard is a manager to get more than the sum of its parts out of a squad and they will hope that Tarkowski who is a good signing can be the glue in a leaky defence.

I think @longsiders1882 if you was to get O'Hare then you would be better off so I hope Coventry hold out!

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure about that. Everton look weak and wont be able to rely on Richarlison to bail them out as they did in the second half of last season. More onus will fall on Dele Alli who always seemed a desperate gamble.

McNeil obviously had a more productive season in the season before last but 1 assist and 0 goals, is he an upgrade on the likes of Gray and Gordon who themselves are hardly the most productive wingers? Not so sure he is.

Not sure Lampard is a manager to get more than the sum of its parts out of a squad and they will hope that Tarkowski who is a good signing can be the glue in a leaky defence.

I think @longsiders1882 if you was to get O'Hare then you would be better off so I hope Coventry hold out!

McNeil has had a very poor 18 months. There is a player in there but I wonder if there is the mentality at times. I am not sure Everton and Lampard are the best move for him but you never know. I wish the lad well but fear he’ll end up a bit part player with his confidence further shot.

on O’Hare, if the figures being talked about are true I don’t see it happening. We just won’t/can’t drop 10 million on one player when we still need maybe 4. Of course these fee’s often become ‘up to 10 million’ with add ons etc. Coventry to their credit have seemed determined to keep him so far so I suspect that deal is simply not going to happen. Shame as many do seem to think he will make a big difference.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I enjoyed your relegations, especially the one to league one. Only fair you take some pleasure in ours 😬

Joke's on you cos that was the most fun we've had since this pony show came to town. 

Here's hoping your current journey takes a very different trajectory.  😜

• Like 2

Everton need a few signings but Tarkowski will be key for them next to Holgate and Keane I would guess. I think McNeil on the right and Gordon on the left of a front 3 looks decent enough for me. 

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

on O’Hare, if the figures being talked about are true I don’t see it happening. We just won’t/can’t drop 10 million on one player when we still need maybe 4. Of course these fee’s often become ‘up to 10 million’ with add ons etc. Coventry to their credit have seemed determined to keep him so far so I suspect that deal is simply not going to happen. Shame as many do seem to think he will make a big difference.

He is very key player for them. 

Just seen your team and its a bit weird playing a left back at centre back whilst 2 centre backs are on the bench. 

Who is number 44? no Twine from the start? 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everton need a few signings but Tarkowski will be key for them next to Holgate and Keane I would guess. I think McNeil on the right and Gordon on the left of a front 3 looks decent enough for me. 

Just seen your team and its a bit weird playing a left back at centre back whilst 2 centre backs are on the bench. 

had a bust up with kompany,who told him to train harder,all united in dingleland🙂

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

44 is Costelloe. 19 years old, making his debut. Though I think he made the bench a couple of times last year when they were short on numbers.