BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

One real disadvantage of there being a lack of crowd control is the fact the game is a midweek evening kick off. I have heard that the police are concerned that many Burnley fans will descend on Blackburn during the day with all the pubs being open. I would assume that lots without tickets will come too. 

would you really be so stupid as to walk the gauntlet in a town where within 10 minutes you could be battered or stabbed,(as they are from burnley they very well are quite lacking in brain cells )i guarantee if any groups of burnley fans descend on the town it won`t take long before every dickhead and headcase  from higher croft to mill hill be up for "doing a dingle!!!!!!!!"

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

would you really be so stupid as to walk the gauntlet in a town where within 10 minutes you could be battered or stabbed,(as they are from burnley they very well are quite lacking in brain cells )i guarantee if any groups of burnley fans descend on the town it won`t take long before every dickhead and headcase  from higher croft to mill hill be up for "doing a dingle!!!!!!!!"

Hence the concern of the police.,

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I got offered 100s of pounds for mine outside the ground - didn’t even cross my mind to accept it.

I saw money changing hands and season tickets handed over. Until the final whistle I had no idea quite the extent of the dodgy ticket selling and that I was sat in a stand filled with Man City fans.

I doubt there was any action taken against the fans that sold them despite it creating a potentially very dangerous situation.

Just now, booth said:

I saw money changing hands and season tickets handed over. Until the final whistle I had no idea quite the extent of the dodgy ticket selling and that I was sat in a stand filled with Man City fans.

I doubt there was any action taken against the fans that sold them despite it creating a potentially very dangerous situation.

I was in the Jack Walker lower stand - they were everywhere, I never heard of any action being taken.

At least a dingle will be easier to spot…

• Backroom

I work in Leeds a couple of times a week and get the train, it goes through Accy and then Dingelton, I’ll have to remind myself not to go that day, would be a pretty horrific journey home!

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah thought you would think so 🙄

So it’s ‘common sense’ to turn down everyone *on* the database that hasn’t been for a while?

Give over. 

With only 2k away support, £30-£35, midweek and Sky, there’s enough obstacles in getting in a decent crowd without putting up anymore.

Anyone would think the club wanted a half empty ground…

Has it occurred to you 6 yrs is a long time and that the person in question may not have purchased a ticket in a regular basis hence the questioning as to why they want to buy a ticket for Burnley?

The ticket sales of away fans won’t cover the cost of repairing the vandalised Darwen End!

7 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Has it occurred to you 6 yrs is a long time and that the person in question may not have purchased a ticket in a regular basis hence the questioning as to why they want to buy a ticket for Burnley?

The ticket sales of away fans won’t cover the cost of repairing the vandalised Darwen End!

Depends doesn’t it. 

If the last time they went was another Burnley game in say 2016, they have a BB10 postcode and they ain’t been seen since then yes grounds for suspicion.

If it was some fella from Darwen, who last went to, say, Oxford, then perhaps they just see this as the massive game it is and they fancy going - it would be some foresight you wouldn’t expect from a Dingle to have bought a ticket for a Rovers promotion game in 2018 on the off chance it would help them get a ticket for a derby in 2023!

It’s a big game, so it is the exact kind of fixture you should expect lapsed fans to have their interests piqued for, so every potential purchase should be judged on its merits, not a blanket ‘well you ain’t been for a while, you must be a Burnley fan then, so sod off’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Depends doesn’t it. 

If the last time they went was another Burnley game in say 2016, they have a BB10 postcode and they ain’t been seen since then yes grounds for suspicion.

If it was some fella from Darwen, who last went to, say, Oxford, then perhaps they just see this as the massive game it is and they fancy going - it would be some foresight you wouldn’t expect from a Dingle to have bought a ticket for a Rovers promotion game in 2018 on the off chance it would help them get a ticket for a derby in 2023!

It’s a big game, so it is the exact kind of fixture you should expect lapsed fans to have their interests piqued for, so every potential purchase should be judged on its merits, not a blanket ‘well you ain’t been for a while, you must be a Burnley fan then, so sod off’.

While I agree with you, the Oxford game is more recent than 6 years and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that someone - even if not a Dingle themselves - with such an infrequent purchasing record might be buying a couple of tickets to sell to the other lot for a huge profit.

Also, I know of a fair few Dingles who allegedly did go to some Rovers games - not against Burnley - toward the end of the relegation season to gloat (just as I and many other Rovers fans went to t'Turf in the 80s in the hope of seeing them slip out of the football league). 

Its a tricky one but I think the club is right to ask a few questions of the very infrequent purchasers.

• Like 2

Oxford was 5 years ago, so not exactly recent.

Of course question folk, just not a flat no if they are on the database but just haven’t been for a while. This is exactly the kind of game that might interest a lapsed Rovers fan, so we should be turning them away with swathes of empty seats to fill?

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oxford was 5 years ago, so not exactly recent.

Of course question folk, just not a flat no if they are on the database but just haven’t been for a while. This is exactly the kind of game that might interest a lapsed Rovers fan, so we should be turning them away with swathes of empty seats to fill?

Are you really that surprised?  This is the club that does everything it can to make lifelong season ticket holders stop going.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Depends doesn’t it. 

On the contrary it’s a far more bigger game for dingle fc due to the current circs and you cannot for a single minute that fans from their club will try every trick in the book to get a ticket so in my view it’s a sensible method to employ and kudos to the staff who told them to do one with adequate rationale behind the decision 

• Like 1

Totally ignored my ‘it depends’ rationale and gone off on a tangent, I see.

It’s a big game for Blackburn Rovers and if you are someone with a history of purchasing Blackburn Rovers tickets (see tickets, plural, not just a singular Burnley game from a BB10 address in 2016 etc and not seen since) you should be allowed to buy one, end of story.

Edited by Mattyblue