BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

18 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Can’t wait for the Kompany love in to end. Spent a shit ton of money to win a weak league last year.

So naive to set up like this against City (just like in FA cup last year). They’ll be lucky to get 25 points playing like this.

Hardly. They are not going to be up against the best club team in the world, and the best goal scorer in the world, every week.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Hardly. They are not going to be up against the best club team in the world, and the best goal scorer in the world, every week.

They try to play like City despite having a 10th of the talent. Now they dont have the best team in the league they will struggle massively with their style, regardless of who they’re playing tonight.

• Like 1

If I was a Burnley fan I would be distinctly unimpressed with Kompany after the match. Hugging Guardiola (who didn't reciprocate) and having a huge laugh on the pitch with the City boys. 

It sends a bad message psychologically to Burnley players and fans and you wouldn't see the likes of Kenny or Fergie doing that. Or Bill Shankly for that matter.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

If I was a Burnley fan I would be distinctly unimpressed with Kompany after the match. Hugging Guardiola (who didn't reciprocate) and having a huge laugh on the pitch with the City boys. 

It sends a bad message psychologically to Burnley players and fans and you wouldn't see the likes of Kenny or Fergie doing that. Or Bill Shankly for that matter.

My local sports station doesn't keep the broadcast going long enough for me to see things like that.

I found it ironic to hear the Dingles chanting "Premier League - corrupt as f*ck", when they no doubt enjoyed the silly parachute payment money last season at the expense of the rest of us.

To come full circle on that, I wonder how Kompany will get on as manager of one of the favourites for relegation, as opposed to last season when he bought the league and was able to play pretty football at a canter while the rest of us suffer stupid FFP restraints, no handouts, and potential points deductions. They are not going to be finding that easy this time around, particularly against teams like City.

We're used to knowing the Dingles as a gritty Dyche team. Those days are long-gone. It seems foreign owners only want "pretty" football. I'm not sure you can do that when you're supposed to be cannon fodder.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3

Lol / just got home drunk. Thought I’d read some informed views on the game from our fierce rivals. Sadly all I see is green.

Long old season ahead, let’s see how we go. Foster looks more like what we hoped, Amdouni and Kula Shaker look like they have something about them. Our season won’t be decided by games against one of the best teams in history or Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc. It’s fair to say the odds suggest we will be relegated but there is still a long way to go. I didn’t love tonight but expected it. I’ll come back 10 games in and see where we are. Have a cracking weekend everyone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Cigarette lighter thrown at Lewis the City  player. Hit him on the head. One fan got on the pitch also but was soon subdued. 

And City won without clicking really. 

That said, despite the scoreline, I didn't think the Dingles looked that bad. 

Absolute knob heads - what the f’ing half assed pitch invader was at I’ve no idea. The knob throwing lighters - imagine spending £40 just to get banned. I hope the pillock has a season ticket and is about to lose £400. Fucking embarrassing.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Absolute knob heads - what the f’ing half assed pitch invader was at I’ve no idea. The knob throwing lighters - imagine spending £40 just to get banned. I hope the pillock has a season ticket and is about to lose £400. Fucking embarrassing.

Just standard dingle behaviour from what I can see.

• Like 2