BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I'm really hoping that they can break the record for fewest points total at the end of the season.

The strangest thing is, I think I would prefer the Dingles to be relegated on the last day of the season, by one goal. Seeing their fans cry on telly would make my week-end. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

The strangest thing is, I think I would prefer the Dingles to be relegated on the last day of the season, by one goal. Seeing their fans cry on telly would make my week-end. 

Nah record breakers for me.

Spending £130 million to become officially the shittest team to ever play in the Premier League. That would be far far far sweeter.

Think big.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 7

I never pre-judge games to be honest. We won there a few times when I didn’t think it was possible. Of course some of those games we had Brad in goal ! Didn’t we win one  2-1 with 1 actual shot on goal ? Dunny and an OG being the scorers. Then there was the FA Cup game down there when we were really shit but still won !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I never pre-judge games to be honest. We won there a few times when I didn’t think it was possible. Of course some of those games we had Brad in goal ! Didn’t we win one  2-1 with 1 actual shot on goal ? Dunny and an OG being the scorers. Then there was the FA Cup game down there when we were really shit but still won !

I guarantee you're the first person in history to mistake Dwight Yorke for David Dunn 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not as embarrassing as when I congratulated “ Jeff Kenna “ on having a fine debut for Rovers only to be told I was actually speaking to Tony Gale !

When we were kids we once went to watch PNE v Burnley with my dads work in hospitality. After the game I managed to persuade my brother to ask Gerry Harrison for his autograph - on a poster of Mark Rankine. My brother didn't think to check the difference in skin colour before he made the request - he was mortified.

• Like 1

I see the lad Foster at Burnley has been diagnosed with mental health issues. He has my sympathy, I wouldn’t wish that on anybody. Obviously being a top player has its down side. Being away from your home , strange environment, new language for some,  living out of a hotel room maybe, nothing much to do after training, possibly being on your own. 
I’ve worked away from home and it wasn’t exactly my cup of tea although the money was great. Lots of time in the pub, eating out all the time. So I can see why it gets to some players.

Maybe we need to cut our new signings a bit of slack with this in mind.

I hope Foster is back playing again soon.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see the lad Foster at Burnley has been diagnosed with mental health issues. He has my sympathy, I wouldn’t wish that on anybody. Obviously being a top player has its down side. Being away from your home , strange environment, new language for some,  living out of a hotel room maybe, nothing much to do after training, possibly being on your own. 
I’ve worked away from home and it wasn’t exactly my cup of tea although the money was great. Lots of time in the pub, eating out all the time. So I can see why it gets to some players.

Maybe we need to cut our new signings a bit of slack with this in mind.

I hope Foster is back playing again soon.

I remember when young players at clubs were boarded with older people, who gave them a family environment to keep their heads level. I think it is a shame, that system seems to have had it's day.

• Like 3