BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

33 minutes ago, booth said:

Be interesting to see where their gates would be if Pace and co gave the club over to an agency, treated the fans horrendously, took them down to league 1, fecked off back to America with zero f***s given, then showed zero ambition in getting them back to where they were when they bought the club.

Burnley have had an easy ride from their new owners so far, their fans may not be so kind if it continues to slide over the next decade.

Some Rovers fans will never come back to the club.

Not sure what is being said but all Burnley fans should remember the dark days of the mid 80s and how long our attendance took to even marginally recover. At the end of the day Burnley is a town of less than 80,000 people and also one of the most economically deprived areas in England, we will never get 30k gates. Attendance arguments are pointless, fans of teams with 500 fans care as much as those with 50000 on regularly. All clubs attendances slowly diminish if they have periods of poor performances and results.

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

judging by the general feeling of all the rovers fans i know,the derby is everything this year,everyone is well up for it,going to be fierce,unpleasant and not one for granny or the kids,every headcase in east lancashire will be attempting to get a ticket,pretty sure we`ll be getting the whole cricketfield stand and the dingles will be getting the whole darwen end,minus the segregation

Indeed every idiot and his stupid brother. Still not sure you’ll get all the stand - though I also don’t really see how they will keep the idiots apart.

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Last time, as it was a bubble, not all coaches could be accommodated on the car park, so they got 5k. Presumably  it would be the same again if bubbled.

Which is obviously still one of the highest allocations they’d get anywhere, so they can’t grumble.

We got 5600 at PNE and (I think) similar at Wigan.

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

wonder if swag is actually aware it`s a derby,soon as he realises it will be 40 quid a ticket😒

We have offered every team a reciprocal fixed price for tickets. No idea whether your club took us up on the offer though. Person I think the ‘20 is plenty’ campaign was a great idea and wish clubs would implement it for away fans in the Championship. Suspect both clubs might try to profiteer on this one.

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘The 80k town’ thing is a bit disingenuous when you have always had sizeable support stretching from Hyndburn into Rossendale, obviously Burnley borough, but also Pendle and into West Yorkshire. 

Bacup and Whitworth have always been strongholds for Burnley. Back in the day I’d get the coach in Rochdale town centre and it would pick up lots in Whitworth and Bacup on the way to Burnley for games. I don’t recall any other Rovers fans getting on. I just kept my mouth shut and said nothing.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

judging by the general feeling of all the rovers fans i know,the derby is everything this year,everyone is well up for it,going to be fierce,unpleasant and not one for granny or the kids,every headcase in east lancashire will be attempting to get a ticket,pretty sure we`ll be getting the whole cricketfield stand and the dingles will be getting the whole darwen end,minus the segregation

We won’t- they’ve got season ticket holders in there….

Call me old fashioned but if they’re only giving us ~2K then we should be doing the same back to them. If they’ve got 8K behind the goals in the Darwen End it’s going to make a huge psychological difference. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘The 80k town’ thing is a bit disingenuous when you have always had sizeable support stretching from Hyndburn into Rossendale, obviously Burnley borough, but also Pendle and into West Yorkshire. 

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Bacup and Whitworth have always been strongholds for Burnley. Back in the day I’d get the coach in Rochdale town centre and it would pick up lots in Whitworth and Bacup on the way to Burnley for games. I don’t recall any other Rovers fans getting on. I just kept my mouth shut and said nothing.

People from Pendle, Bacup, Whitworth can just as easily go to Rovers. You’ve also got Darwen, Clitheroe, Ossy, Accy, Great Harwood, Rawtenstall, Ramsbottom. A much bigger catchment area.

44 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Sadly I think you are right. Will need lots of police and stewards.

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

Call me old fashioned but if they’re only giving us ~2K then we should be doing the same back to them. If they’ve got 8K behind the goals in the Darwen End it’s going to make a huge psychological difference. 

I’d say that would be fair play. Whether the money men would sign off on it I don’t know. 

I assume the ritual toilet smashing is set to recommence as well.

Edited by longsiders1882

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

People from Pendle, Bacup, Whitaker’s can just as easily go to Rovers. You’ve also got Darwen, Clitheroe, Ossy, Accy, Great Harwood, Rawtenstall, Ramsbottom. A much bigger catchment area.

I’d say that would be fair play. Whether the money men would sign off on it I don’t know. 

They really should have more interaction from the clubs on this. It’s like the fans don’t realise their own clubs have to pay for the damage they cause. Or they do and they don’t care, maybe. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

People from Pendle, Bacup, Whitworth can just as easily go to Rovers. You’ve also got Darwen, Clitheroe, Ossy, Accy, Great Harwood, Rawtenstall, Ramsbottom. A much bigger catchment area.

I’ve lived around here ( Rochdale ) since I was 5 years old and the valley up from town through Whitworth, Facit, Britannia, Bacup etc has always been populated with mostly Burnley fans. Wether people could go Rovers is irrelevant, the fact is not many of them did.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve lived around here ( Rochdale ) since I was 5 years old and the valley up from town through Whitworth, Facit, Britannia, Bacup etc has always been populated with mostly Burnley fans. Wether people could go Rovers is irrelevant, the fact is not many of them did.

Indeed - and the fact that Blackburn is nearly twice the size of Burnley is absolutely relevant. Outlying towns can come to Burnley or Rovers - but these days more likely one of the Manchester Clubs who are less than an hour away on public transport.

• Moderation Lead

You mention people from Pendle could easily support Rovers- you aren’t telling me Nelson, Colne, Fence and Barnoldswick are hotbeds for Rovers fans…

Clitheroe is more Burnley than it is Rovers as well!

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

You mention people from Pendle could easily support Rovers- you aren’t telling me Nelson, Colne, Fence and Barnoldswick are hotbeds for Rovers fans…

I’m just saying they could - not they do. Like I say your catchment area is bigger than ours - and Blackburn is considerably bigger than Burnley. 

The town of Blackburn isn’t twice the size of Burnley in the slightest. And it shows you are being a bit crafty here on the catchment argument when you try and paint *Rawtenstall* as a Rovers town. But I digress.

My point was it’s not ‘little old Burnley where the whole town walks en masse to t’turf’. Your support comes from across your age old catchment area (like every club’s), and it’s a sizeable one. 

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

we used to get chucked out of the darwen end when liverpool,utd and everton turned up,after the burney vs blackpool game which ended in violence,im`e pretty sure the old bill won`t want it kicking off,like iv`e stated before,this derby is going to be very testy,there is a dark tone towards it

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m just saying they could - not they do. Like I say your catchment area is bigger than ours - and Blackburn is considerably bigger than Burnley. 

Given they’re all much nearer to Burnley, it would be very unlikely for someone to start supporting Rovers round there….

I don’t think we have a much bigger catchment area at all, there’s not much in it really. I think you’ve been a bit crafty with the places you are claiming are Rovers too- Accy is very much 50/50, there are plenty of Burnley fans in Ossy and Great Harwood, Rawtenstall is more United than anything else, but there are lots more Burnley than Rovers there and Ramsbottom? There can’t be more than a handful of blues there!

51 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Do you think? I’ve seen more Burnley shirts than there used to be around the RV last few years but I just put that down to them being in the PL for a sustained period and it being a time of ‘success’ for them. I still wouldn’t have said Clitheroe is more Burnley - tragic if that has indeed been allowed to happen….

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, frosty said:

Do you think? I’ve seen more Burnley shirts than there used to be around the RV last few years but I just put that down to them being in the PL for a sustained period and it being a time of ‘success’ for them. I still wouldn’t have said Clitheroe is more Burnley - tragic if that has indeed been allowed to happen….

I think it might be anecdotally seeing more Burnley shirts than Rovers shirts knocking about tbh- though of my mates in Clitheroe- it’s about 50/50.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

BwD - 150k 

Burnley and Pendle - 180k 

Pendle is not Burnley no matter how much you want it to be. Blackburn (the town) has a population 42% higher than Burnley - add in Darwen, as you have done as a unitary authority, it’s just under twice the size. Facts are a b***h but they are facts rather than conjecture over catchment areas and who supports who in towns all over the North West.

Anyway all these debates around attendance make no difference to what will happen on the pitch. They are pointless. I’m a Burnley fan simply because they are my local team - and that’s true for every Burnley fan, either locals or children of fans who’ve had the madness passed down to them.  I’d imagine it’s the same for most on here too.. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, booth said:

Be interesting to see where their gates would be if Pace and co gave the club over to an agency, treated the fans horrendously, took them down to league 1, fecked off back to America with zero f***s given, then showed zero ambition in getting them back to where they were when they bought the club.

Burnley have had an easy ride from their new owners so far, their fans may not be so kind if it continues to slide over the next decade.

Some Rovers fans will never come back to the club.

And charge them premium prices for the privilege. 

• Like 2