BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Mhead2 said:

I have already warned Steve Waggott about the potential mayhem of this match. None of current hierarchy have witnessed this Derby yet and are bound to be looking the wrong way!

Cheston has been here since 2014. He will have footed several toilet refits already.

Waggott acceded to Mowbray when he wanted away fans in the UDE to negate any advantage they might give their team. There should be pressure on Waggott from our fans groups to do the same with Burnley and confine them to the top tier. Do I expect that to happen? No chance. He will see them as a cash cow and pack them in.  We will be treated like pariahs over there in a shitty little wooden shed and they will get the red carpet rolled out for them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Burnley fans convinced we are only getting 2,200 tickets while they get the whole Darwen End...

https://uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64609&sid=f7ef76c54c5f833396750da14ca49114

I can’t see them giving you all the Cricket Field - though I think they should to reduce the risk of significant disorder. I can’t remember what exactly the away end capacity is - I had 2300 in my head

As for what you will give us - not a clue. The business men will want as many as possible. Personally, in your shoes, I’d limit it, sort of quid pro quo.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2022 at 15:24, K-Hod said:

Calling bullshit on this comment-

‘2000 tickets for Rovers fans I heard. They are keen to give us the whole of the Darwen end in the return fixture as they need the cash!‘

Want the cash. "Need" the cash is a bit strong considering that Venkys squander money.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2022 at 16:09, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wouldn't give them that many tbh

I'd give them what they give us and no more. 

Stick them in the top tier, turn off the water, close the concession stands, cover the seats in bird shit, make them feel at home.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

If the local police treat fans like animals again and force us to be shipped around like criminals on the way to prison, I’m going to speak to the Dingles forum and see if we can organise a banner held by both sets of fans in the stands. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

If the local police treat fans like animals again and force us to be shipped around like criminals on the way to prison, I’m going to speak to the Dingles forum and see if we can organise a banner held by both sets of fans in the stands. 

you`ve to admit that it could kick off big style without the "bubble",not a fan of it by any means but the police have used it very succesfully,means overtime for them as well which possibly is the main reason for it😀

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Tens of thousands of Burnley fans’ in a different borough? Thought Longers was trying to make out that their supporters all wandered to the ground from the terraced streets around t’Turf? 

Not sure what he would know about it. He’s not a local, doesn’t support the club and doubt he’s spoken to many of his constituents. But I haven’t said fans don’t come from Pendle - I’m from Pendle and now live back there. But you guys like to make out Blackburn is your only area when of course that is absolute rubbish.

On the scheduling issue - I don’t see how playing a game of football is disrespectful. Don’t we all lionise those who famously left the trenches in WW1 to have a kick about before going back to shelling each other? I’d argue playing games is exactly what we should do and the match gives both sets of fans chance to honour service people.

Edited by longsiders1882
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure what he would know about it. He’s not a local, doesn’t support the club and doubt he’s spoken to many of his constituents. But I haven’t said fans don’t come from Pendle - I’m from Pendle and now live back there. But you guys like to make out Blackburn is your only area when of course that is absolute rubbish.

On the scheduling issue - I don’t see how playing a game of football is disrespectful. Don’t we all lionise those who famously left the trenches in WW1 to have a kick about before going back to shelling each other? I’d argue playing games is exactly what we should do and the match gives both sets of fans chance to honour service people.

I'm sure that both club's will organise with local organisations to make it a fitting and special occasion.

I can't see any rescheduling happening although I would not be against that.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think you're right there. 

I don't like the connotations of that letter, it has an air of jingoistic nationalism to it.

I'm sure we've played many a game on remembrance day before. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gav said:

Cardiff scored a last minute equaliser 🥳

I hope the dingles enjoyed the trip home, a few motorway closures wouldn’t go a miss either. 

We will rue all these points we’ve thrown away this season. That said we apparently weren’t all that great so maybe got what we deserved.

Watford taking Stoke apart and looking more like the attacking threat I expected them to be.

If we get the normal away allocation of 2,000-2,200 at Turf Moor, I'll be extremely disappointed (although not surprised) if we give them a load of tickets behind the net. No doubt certain eyes in the boardroom will be glowing at the thought of fleecing a load of Burnley fans, even at the expense of any possibly 'advantage'. 

I appreciate they have season ticket holders in the CFS and understand their rationale, but my view is we shouldn't give them north of 5,000 at Ewood. It must be a psychological advantage having the end behind the goal packed with your fans - at the very least I hope we massively reduce their allocation. At least when we give PNE the lot we get the same treatment at Deepdale.  

• Like 1

Burnley have sold season tickets to home fans in the shed end of their ground, so the chances of them booting those people out to make room for more Rovers fans is zero. The only chance of it happening is if the police intervene but that won't result in anything other than a wider no mans land and less away tickets.

There's nothing we can do about that. They are entitled to whatever ticketing policies they like.

All we can do is return the favour when they come to Ewood. So where they should be given the exact same number they give us at exactly the same price what we will have is a shameless cash grab by Waggott where he gives them a ridiculous allocation, they can have their big family day out, kick a few season ticket holders out of the end blocks of the Riverside and JW stands, annoy your regulars and then wonder why people get fed up with it.

For me I'd be giving them half of the bottom tier, surrounded by netting, and then the remainder of the allocation upstairs surrounded by netting, then put Rovers fans in the other half like we will have at their place.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not bothered about allocations at either ground. Just as long as we win.

Winning is most important, but them having 6,000 plus behind the net vs our 2,000 gives them more chance to win (if you believe atmosphere makes a difference). As well as being slightly unfair (not that I'd blame Burnley for doing it, if I was their fan I'd be fuming if I got moved).

Plus, would be nice if more Rovers fans got to see us win!