BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

I’ve got an eye test booked in a couple weeks. Obviously it can’t come quick enough. How your memory plays tricks. I would have put my house on a right foot shot followed by a left foot shot. Maybe he did that in another game.

Great finish though, I wasn’t his biggest fan but I must admit he could strike a ball with either foot perfectly.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Bit of an odd request, but I remember a belter of a thread on here when we played Burnley in 2005. The best pre-match build up - people talking about nervy cans/brews, derby day memories etc. I can't find it on the archive/messageboard Gold (the 'bring on the dingles' thread was replaced a week before KO by the look of it) and would love to read it again. Anyone able to help? 

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

Bit of an odd request, but I remember a belter of a thread on here when we played Burnley in 2005. The best pre-match build up - people talking about nervy cans/brews, derby day memories etc. I can't find it on the archive/messageboard Gold (the 'bring on the dingles' thread was replaced a week before KO by the look of it) and would love to read it again. Anyone able to help? 

Yikes, thats niche.

@StubbsUK? Might be worthwhile for @Herbie6590 too.

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

Never mind - found it:  

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Another John Cooper Clark take on that lot.

Apologies I didn't know it wouldn't play but it's worth watching on YouTube.

Better to be insulted than non entities I guess. I heard JCC was just annoyed because he couldn’t pull on a night out in Burnley 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Better to be insulted than non entities I guess. I heard JCC was just annoyed because he couldn’t pull on a night out in Burnley 

*Insert childish but nevertheless obligatory joke that JCC couldn't pull in Burnley because something inbred something*

Don't you miss the derby day build up 🙄 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nah, just hitting their stride unfortunately as their brand new team starts to gel. 

It just reiterates how moronic the parachute payments are. They've spent an absolute fortune.

Did they not make a considerable profit in the summer? They sold Cornet, McNeil, Pope and Collins as well as shedding a number of high earners, with many of their signings being on loan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nah, just hitting their stride unfortunately as their brand new team starts to gel. 

It just reiterates how moronic the parachute payments are. They've spent an absolute fortune.

Lol - we’ve sold 70 million in talent and lost and additional 10 out of contract. We  spent less than 21 on replacements - 36 million went on loan repayment.

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Hmm they've spent a lot less than others getting to the Prem twice, staying there and launching another promotion bid

True enough. We played well today and made Swansea look very ordinary. But it’s one game, there are plenty more to come. Main job is to stay in touch until the World Cup and then hope to push on after it.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did they not make a considerable profit in the summer? They sold Cornet, McNeil, Pope and Collins as well as shedding a number of high earners, with many of their signings being on loan.

They made 5 loan signings this summer but 13 permanent signings 

31 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

True enough. We played well today and made Swansea look very ordinary. But it’s one game, there are plenty more to come. Main job is to stay in touch until the World Cup and then hope to push on after it.

weren't you after Obafemi from Swansea in the summer? what did you make of his performance?  

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They made 5 loan signings this summer but 13 permanent signings 

weren't you after Obafemi from Swansea in the summer? what did you make of his performance?  

This will sound arrogant and I don’t mean it to but frankly we made them look ordinary. They hardly threatened and I didn’t see anything in him that made me think I wish we’d signed him - especially it for the kind of few they wanted. But it’s one game, and one off day doesn’t make a player poor. He looks powerful enough though.

It’s a funny old league Longers. One minute you’re playing teams off the park, the next you can’t get out your own half. Very tough to get any sort of consistency playing so often against so many different styles.

We’re potentially five points (1 pt behind, 1 game in hand, goal difference) behind you and Sheffield and could soon be 8 points behind Norwich. It’s starting to open up, you’ll know by the middle of January whether you’re challenging top-two or ‘best of the rest’. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

This will sound arrogant and I don’t mean it to but frankly we made them look ordinary. They hardly threatened and I didn’t see anything in him that made me think I wish we’d signed him - especially it for the kind of few they wanted. But it’s one game, and one off day doesn’t make a player poor. He looks powerful enough though.

To be fair Longsiders we beat them 3-0 at their place, although it seems a long time ago now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

It’s a funny old league Longers. One minute you’re playing teams off the park, the next you can’t get out your own half. Very tough to get any sort of consistency playing so often against so many different styles.

We’re potentially five points (1 pt behind, 1 game in hand, goal difference) behind you and Sheffield and could soon be 8 points behind Norwich. It’s starting to open up, you’ll know by the middle of January whether you’re challenging top-two or ‘best of the rest’. 

Last 2 games we’d been bang average to be fair, we’ve still got work to do to achieve the required consistency.

As for games in hand - points on the board are what really matter. Your W L W L streak would only take a tweak to become Wins and Draws and suddenly your are top 3.

53 minutes ago, only2garners said:

To be fair Longsiders we beat them 3-0 at their place, although it seems a long time ago now.

Fair enough but they came on the back of 4 wins. I was nervous about this one but they weren’t all that. Maybe we just caught them on a bad day.

• Like 1