BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’m surprised Scott twine hasn’t been one of the championship standout players . I genuinely thought he would be and was gutted that lot signed him. Sadly I can’t see a world where Burnley don’t finish in the play offs 

As others have said, he played 20 minutes as a substitute against Huddersfield in our opening game, and hasn't played since, due to injury, we're told ...

In general, I'm really pleased with how the season's started for us, one defeat in 14, unbeaten at home and top of the tree, what's not to like ? However, I've followed this game long enough to know that these things are transient ... 3 wins on the trot or 3 defeats can put a totally different gloss on things ...

By the time of the World Cup break, to which we'll only lose Connor Roberts, we'll have played 21 games and both Clubs will probably have a better idea of what we can realistically expect from this season.

• Like 3

On 22/06/2022 at 17:25, chaddyrovers said:

exactly, I said I think they might even get relegated. You said I said they'll get relegated which is 2 different comments 

I stand by that comment that I think they might get relegated. The Key word being might. 

Told you at the time it was a bad take Chaddy 😂😉

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Yes I'm aware it exists, I don't agree with being ripped off and basically paying £40 for one game though. Its simply wrong. It should have been done based on season tickets and away tickets, there's gonna be people there who probably won't even attend another away all season!

As a fan from afar, Im trying to understand the logic behind this 1875 membership and priority access.

It would be interesting to see what % of those 1875 members, have taken up this priority access to the away matches to date. 

So let's say 8 away matches to date (I'm not sure how many we have played thus far), so just an example.. but if the % is less than those without the 1875 membership, then I'm struggling to understand the system that's in place.. in theory, priority access should have been given on season tickets, rather than having to sell out extra on a membership. 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

As a fan from afar, Im trying to understand the logic behind this 1875 membership and priority access.

It would be interesting to see what % of those 1875 members, have taken up this priority access to the away matches to date. 

So let's say 8 away matches to date (I'm not sure how many we have played thus far), so just an example.. but if the % is less than those without the 1875 membership, then I'm struggling to understand the system that's in place.. in theory, priority access should have been given on season tickets, rather than having to sell out extra on a membership. 

From what I’ve been told and I’ve been wrong many times so please don’t take me as gospel it’s season ticket holders with an 1875 membership and so many away ticket stubs . I have a season ticket and 1875 membership I’ve been to three away games up to now and I don’t know if I’m eligible for one. The only reason I got the 1875 membership was for the Burnley tickets so I expect a lot of disappointed people

37 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Literally the only game it will be needed for is the Burnley one, so they're fleecing fans for 10/15 pounds just so they can get a Burnley ticket. If you bother with official travel that's another 10 pounds on top too.

Maybe I should have just bought it but the stubbornness in me decided against it, as a result I'll be missing my first derby game sadly  unless they somehow make phase 3 of the sales.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Literally the only game it will be needed for is the Burnley one, so they're fleecing fans for 10/15 pounds just so they can get a Burnley ticket. If you bother with official travel that's another 10 pounds on top too.

Maybe I should have just bought it but the stubbornness in me decided against it, as a result I'll be missing my first derby game sadly  unless they somehow make phase 3 of the sales.

I really can’t see it making that phase sadly for you

41 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

From what I’ve been told and I’ve been wrong many times so please don’t take me as gospel it’s season ticket holders with an 1875 membership and so many away ticket stubs . I have a season ticket and 1875 membership I’ve been to three away games up to now and I don’t know if I’m eligible for one. The only reason I got the 1875 membership was for the Burnley tickets so I expect a lot of disappointed people

As long as the away tickets were bought from the club and are on the system you will be guaranteed a ticket as long as you buy within the first priority window from 20th to 23rd. You just need one away ticket as well as a ST and 1875 membership.

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As long as the away tickets were bought from the club and are on the system you will be guaranteed a ticket as long as you buy within the first priority window from 20th to 23rd. You just need one away ticket as well as a ST and 1875 membership.

That’s a relief . I was told four. Happy days

Any idea when they are on sale

Edited by Oldgregg86

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I really can’t see it making that phase sadly for you

They won’t get to phase 3. There are about 1,700 fans eligible for phase 1 and I would assume most will take up their option. That leaves about 600 or so tickets for anyone with a ST and 1875 membership.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Another masterstroke to piss off season ticket holders whom are thin on the ground as it is.

You shouldn't need a pissing 1875 club membership to get priority on tickets, sorry but it's a joke and it's a con, pure and simple.

Well what are you complaining about when you can pick up a season ticket for the bargain price of £430? What's an extra £15?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, only2garners said:

They won’t get to phase 3. There are about 1,700 fans eligible for phase 1 and I would assume most will take up their option. That leaves about 600 or so tickets for anyone with a ST and 1875 membership.

I was told that there was around 2k ST holders with the 1875 membership (1700 eligible for phase 1 as you said).

So, if everybody takes the option up it should release a couple of hundred for phase 3, No idea if 100% true but if that wasn't the case i'm sure the club would have stated "phase 3 details to follow if there are any left".

The fact they have announced a phase 3 window suggests to me there will be a small amount left.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Burnley look very strong this season; even when they're off their game they seem to get a point or 3.

It's a bit frustrating really, with the question marks over their finances this appointment and summer transfer window was absolutely crucial for them, and thus far appears they got it right. A poor appointment could have been a disaster for them.

Would fully expect them to be top 2. Just hope that come derby day we turn up; we have to be bang at it and can't repeat some of the other away day disappearances. 

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Don't agree with this but me and my ST mates all got 1875 membership with our STs purely for this game. Knew they'd pull something like this.

They said from the start that the 1875 membership with a ST would give you priority for all away games. Not saying I agree with it but the club haven’t sprung this on fans at the last minute. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Around a quarter of ST holders bought 1875?  With the only benefit being away priority… for a club that sells out an away game once in a blue moon?

So a fantastically cynical cash in from the club preying on FOMO as that blue moon is on the horizon…

Apparently. The same person also told me that the uptake of 1875 memberships from non ST holders was painfully small.

Easiest £20k the club will ever make.

The 1875 stunt is typical Waggott in operation.

It wasn't even up and running at the start of the summer when season tickets went on sale - not a single mention when advertising season tickets that this scheme would be introduced again and then all of a sudden it is set up after most people have committed to a season ticket.

He's little more than an opportunist, there's no plan or strategy it's just react to the situation and circumstances and try to cash in on it to make a few quid. Some might say there's nothing wrong with that if it works but it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and I'd like to see a bit more forward planning and strategy from the club about growing rather than cynical late attempts to screw the diminishing numbers for a few more quid.

Others have rightly pointed out that the 1875 membership won't be needed for any fixture except the dingles and possibly away in the FA Cup if we get drawn against a small club with a very limited allocation. Nobody can predict that to happen so it comes down to the dingle game. He's basically wanting to coin it in off an away game knowing tickets will for once be in high demand. He's absolutely shameless, but it will basically have netted him an extra £20,000 for doing very little so he's happy.

I remember the days when having a season ticket and a database history of buying away tickets was sufficient to get priority - evidence of loyalty following the club through thick and thin clearly not important to Waggott who sees paying an extra £10 as sufficient to defeat someone who hasn't missed an away game but has not paid extra for membership. Sums him up neatly - all about the money and who pays the most and not about loyalty and dedication.

It's the same with the 'refurbished' Legends Lounge. It's sat empty for most of the last 5-6 years, never used, never open, and then all of a sudden some hastily arranged lick of paint so it can be opened for when Sunderland come. He's just sat there, worked out that they'll probably bring a few and reacted to that by opening this room to try and profit from them. Again there's nothing wrong with looking at ways to capitalise but it's just ad hoc, last minute, minor efforts rather than anything sustained or substantive.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Iceman said:

It's another way to try to fleece their own fans.

I joined 1875 against my principles because I knew not joining would almost certainly mean missing out on a Burnley ticket. As soon as it was announced many knew what was behind it, the cynical ploy to squeeze more cash which almost tantamounts to blackmail. It will certainly mean that the loyalty of some who have been to many away games will not get a ticket and for that Rovers should hang their heads in shame. It could well be a 1960 ticket fiasco albeit on a smaller scale. The only way to ensure that loyalty pays was to isuue tickets on the number of away matches attended. They could take details from their database to set the criteria. Instead once again they have ballsed up and not for the first time greed is the driver for Waggott.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am happy to hold my hands and say I was wrong on this so far. 

It will be interesting to see how teams played who have been good runs after the 5 weeks gap for the World cup 

Yeah, your opinion on the Dingles and being at the bottom end surprised me.  You are not usually so far off.