BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

57 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’m afraid I can see Burnley staying in the top two for the rest of the season now. 

Based on what? They haven't looked particularly good when I've seen them,granted they've only lost 1 mind!

I think its more testament to how topsy-turvy the league is especially this season, we've won the most games and there's Reading in the top 6 with a -5 goal difference!

I thought Sheff Utd were the best team we've played so far but they're struggling at present, it's absolutely wide open.

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Based on what? They haven't looked particularly good when I've seen them,granted they've only lost 1 mind!

I think its more testament to how topsy-turvy the league is especially this season, we've won the most games and there's Reading in the top 6 with a -5 goal difference!

I thought Sheff Utd were the best team we've played so far but they're struggling at present, it's absolutely wide open.

It’s a fair point - I mean we have scored the most goals, conceded second lowest total, haven’t lost in 11, only team in the league still unbeaten at home and have the highest average possession figures - but other than that we haven’t looked good 😬

As it goes I think it’s way to early to talk about top 2 for anyone, Watford in 10th are nearer the top than the bottom 3. I feel more confident about top 6 now than I did in August but even that isn’t assured at this point in a season. The World Cup break is going to be crucial, stay in touch until then and it’s all to play for. 

53 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It’s a fair point - I mean we have scored the most goals, conceded second lowest total, haven’t lost in 11, only team in the league still unbeaten at home and have the highest average possession figures - but other than that we haven’t looked good 😬

As it goes I think it’s way to early to talk about top 2 for anyone, Watford in 10th are nearer the top than the bottom 3. I feel more confident about top 6 now than I did in August but even that isn’t assured at this point in a season. The World Cup break is going to be crucial, stay in touch until then and it’s all to play for. 

Perspective, you banged a few past Wigan and Swansea (we managed 3 past the latter away). Possession? Yeah we'll done on that 🤣 When I've watched your games you've been largely ineffective with the Possession you have, it's just an opinion. I think your keeper is garbage too, again my opinion. 

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’m afraid I can see Burnley staying in the top two for the rest of the season now. 

Possibly but theres a caveat for me , my mate is a Burnley fan and he is concerned if they start to pull away .

Clubs like Leicester ,Wolves and who ever else gets sacked before February, will be giving Kompany envious glances ... 

If , he wants to replace Pep , his answer will be interesting ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think its abit soon yet as we have the 5 weeks break to consider that might be turning point for clubs or downwards point. Something we never had before during the season. Blame FIFA for this again. 

20 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

This will sound arrogant and I don’t mean it to but frankly we made them look ordinary. They hardly threatened and I didn’t see anything in him that made me think I wish we’d signed him - especially it for the kind of few they wanted. But it’s one game, and one off day doesn’t make a player poor. He looks powerful enough though.

Was same when we played them. We have been heavily linked to Obafemi in previous seasons too - not sure why after seeing him in the flesh. Looks very small and doesnt seem to get many goals. 

• Like 1

Possession means shite and you know it. Fair points on the rest but id argue you havnt really looked like the all conquering side you aimed to be. 

*Was meant to quote longbutonetoothlesslongsider

Edited by JacknOry

44 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Possession means shite and you know it. Fair points on the rest but id argue you havnt really looked like the all conquering side you aimed to be. 

*Was meant to quote longbutonetoothlesslongsider

Are you kidding? Most of us are amazed at how quickly the squad have gelled and the style of play has been changed - definitely didn’t expect to be all conquering. In fact I expected Watford and Norwich to be the teams that might do that - and still think come April they might do with the squads they have kept together from last season.

40 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

How has Scot Twine done btw? He was my number one signing for the summer for us - he tore up League 1 last season.

Baring a cameo against Huddersfield he hasn’t played. He’s either injured (possibly a tear on top of a tear) or he’s homesick, or both, depending on which rumours you listen to. With luck post the World Cup we might see him and some of our other injured players back in the squad.

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Based on I hope I’ve jinxed the fuckers now!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Baring a cameo against Huddersfield he hasn’t played. He’s either injured (possibly a tear on top of a tear) or he’s homesick, or both, depending on which rumours you listen to. With luck post the World Cup we might see him and some of our other injured players back in the squad.

home sick? is that just a rumour or based on Kompany saying it? 

51 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Are you kidding? Most of us are amazed at how quickly the squad have gelled and the style of play has been changed - definitely didn’t expect to be all conquering. In fact I expected Watford and Norwich to be the teams that might do that - and still think come April they might do with the squads they have kept together from last season.

No, not kidding. By now you normally see the sides that look likely to run away with it. The fact its still not really clear tells me it's still wide open. You might still, but Fulham last year had already made it clear they were the ones to beat. 

Shame, I reckon he could be a top player. Then again, going to Turd Moor is about as good a career ender as you can get. 🙂

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

No, not kidding. By now you normally see the sides that look likely to run away with it. The fact its still not really clear tells me it's still wide open. You might still, but Fulham last year had already made it clear they were the ones to beat. 

Shame, I reckon he could be a top player. Then again, going to Turd Moor is about as good a career ender as you can get. 🙂

But we never expected to be run away leaders - most fans I know are more than a touch surprised we are top 6 at this point. 

As for Twine - hopefully we see him post World Cup as well as Churlinov and Westwood. Probably need to add a striker in January if we can unless this lad we’ve got on loan from Brentford gets fit and can  step up.

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Well basically if you don't have 1875 membership you're screwed. Bit of a V sign to fans like myself who've been most away games.

Well it wasn't a secret when the 1875 membership was introduced. This is from the website: -

New for the 2022-23 season, our 1875 Membership offers supporters significant savings and benefits during the upcoming campaign, as the new era under new Head Coach Jon Dahl Tomasson gets underway.

There are a number of mouth-watering matches to look forward to this season, most notably four local derbies, including our renewed rivalry with Burnley, and 1875 Members will be able to receive priority access to away tickets for these fixtures, as well as for every other Rovers game on the road this season.

Be at the front of the queue for away tickets with an 1875 Membership:

Season Ticket Holders with 1875 Membership

Season Ticket Holders

1875 Members

General Sale

• Like 1

Yes I'm aware it exists, I don't agree with being ripped off and basically paying £40 for one game though. Its simply wrong. It should have been done based on season tickets and away tickets, there's gonna be people there who probably won't even attend another away all season!