BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

In order to sign Van Hecke the deal would have to include BBD, too expensive otherwise.

If Brighton are still interested as they were earlier in the year, surely JP and a bit of money would tempt them. Personally i'd be pushing for this as a priority, Diaz for JPVH and £10m.

Then do what it takes to sign Botheim up, that's how you potentially replace Ben's goals.

Dream scenario... but not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

In order to sign Van Hecke the deal would have to include BBD, too expensive otherwise.

If Brighton are still interested as they were earlier in the year, surely JP and a bit of money would tempt them. Personally i'd be pushing for this as a priority, Diaz for JPVH and £10m.

Then do what it takes to sign Botheim up, that's how you potentially replace Ben's goals.

Dream scenario... but not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

JvPH has to want to come, which is unlikely if (as he should) he has designs on a breakthrough into the Brighton team. Likewise, Brighton will know, via their Ben White experience, that it pays to hang on to promising young players that have impressed on loan. I'd absolutely love to be wrong but I think we should aim at more realistic targets.

• Like 4

Not a Rovers link but I think a potentially very bad omission if the club didn't look at Josh Laurent who just signed for Stoke on a free, from Reading. He has been superb at this level, though last season Reading were poor and, I suppose, he didn't perform. If he could return to his prior form, will be an excellent signing - potentially, a Championship signing of the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Some shrewd signings being made elsewhere. Hopefully we can get active soon.

I wouldn't bet on it.

They go to Portugal at the end of the week so i reckon that will rule out any signings until at least after the first game on July 9th.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I wouldn't bet on it.

They go to Portugal at the end of the week so i reckon that will rule out any signings until at least after the first game on July 9th.

Is the DOF going to Portugal though?  Certainly won't be training with them I wouldn't have thought!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Not a Rovers link but I think a potentially very bad omission if the club didn't look at Josh Laurent who just signed for Stoke on a free, from Reading. He has been superb at this level, though last season Reading were poor and, I suppose, he didn't perform. If he could return to his prior form, will be an excellent signing - potentially, a Championship signing of the summer.

Great signing for them, pulls like this and John Swift to WBA make me worry that we're falling behind our rivals a little too much here. I really hope we're enquiring about proven players like this who are available on a free... Jed Wallace is another, looks likely to go to WBA or the dingles.

We need to get a move on!

Edited by TheRevAshton

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Is the DOF going to Portugal though?  Certainly won't be training with them I wouldn't have thought!

Yeah true.

I imagine any potential signing would have to meet the management team though?

I'm also taking them at face value when they say they will look internally for any signings first, which i think the Portugal trip will give them an idea.

I just don't see anything happening on the transfer front for at least 2/3 weeks, but obviously hope i'm wrong.

Word from Sweden that Rovers are keen 23-year-old Bosnian international defender Anel Ahmedhodzic. Contracted to Malmo, but spent last season on loan in Ligue 1 with Bordeaux, who had a 4m Euro option to buy, but won’t be taking it up after their relegation

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

Word from Sweden that Rovers are keen 23-year-old Bosnian international defender Anel Ahmedhodzic. Contracted to Malmo, but spent last season on loan in Ligue 1 with Bordeaux, who had a 4m Euro option to buy, but won’t be taking it up after their relegation

No chance we get him.

He's class.

5 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Who wouldn't like a little bit of Anel on a Saturday

• Like 5

Seems like a 2+2 assumption based on them being at Malmo but lets wait and see.

That Berget is a 31 year old winger who played at Cardiff under Solskjaer and barely played, I think he signed a few Scandanavians but that was a long time ago.

Edited by roversfan99

20 minutes ago, Tormund said:

He's class on footy manager get it done. 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like a 2+2 assumption based on them being at Malmo but lets wait and see.

That Berget is a 31 year old winger who played at Cardiff under Solskjaer and barely played, I think he signed a few Scandanavians but that was a long time ago.

Anel Ahmedhodzic was also at forest and never played. Still he's alot younger and could be world class. No chance of it happening then.

28 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No chance we get him.

He's class.

Feels like the sort of transfer that could happen due to the managerial connection. We're likely to offer a decent salary improvement compared to Malmo and competitive with smaller clubs in League 1.

One to watch for me.

• Like 2

Only one year left on his contract. We're going up as fucking champions.

Also in for winger Jo Inge Berget, 31 years old. Not quite sure that fits the model but lets see!

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Feels like the sort of transfer that could happen due to the managerial connection. We're likely to offer a decent salary improvement compared to Malmo and competitive with smaller clubs in League 1.

One to watch for me.

Further - looking at his wiki I really can't see why he would be out of our league? Only 15 appearences for Bordeaux, who are not a major force in France (as evidenced by their relegation), no sign of Prem, La Liga, Serie A interest etc.

Seems very doable?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anel_Ahmedhodžić

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Further - looking at his wiki I really can't see why he would be out of our league? Only 15 appearences for Bordeaux, who are not a major force in France (as evidenced by their relegation), no sign of Prem, La Liga, Serie A interest etc.

Seems very doable?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anel_Ahmedhodžić

Chelsea were being linked with him 12/18 month ago 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14316580/chelsea-transfer-blow-ahmedhodzic-atalanta/

Edited by islander200

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Only one year left on his contract. We're going up as fucking champions.

Also in for winger Jo Inge Berget, 31 years old. Not quite sure that fits the model but lets see!

Berget is not really a winger. I'd say he's a versatile attacking midfielder. Good on the ball, knows where the goal stands. Not the quickest or strongest. He was at Udinese earlier in his career as well, so talented but known to be a bit of a Bohemian.

• Like 1