BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Exactly but don't tell JHRover this Wigan are a much better run club than us and we can't compete financially with them 

It's players choosing Wigan and Derby over us that is the problem.

We are not an attractive proposition to any player right now, and we have total buffoons above the manager who don't know their arse from their elbow. A terrible recipe which is only going to end one way.

I have no faith in any of those people fixing this mess. They aren't capable of it, no matter the bullshit fed to the press. We are screwed.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know that his agent was saying that?

We have the highest % of empty seats in the league. The music is really irritating although if he is getting thousands a week more I think he will get over it. If.

i don`t,just summising it`s a likely scenario,there is no way wigan are paying more than we offered,imo he`s just ****** himself by banking on a move to a big club,it did`nt happen and now he`s potentially  playing for wigan🤣,a footballing backwater

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I like Nyambe.I would have wanted to keep him.But if he does join Wigan it doesn't mean we can't compete financially with Wigan, it will mean we chose not too.As already stated we have a higher wage bill(which Broughton said was the same as last season) and we pay our higher earners more than they do.

JhRover posted that within the football community Wigan are seen as a better run club and a better option  than us.They haven't signed a senior player either yet and are just promoted from league 1 , last 2 months late with wages and have a squad made up of league one players.

Broughton actually said that the wage budget is "within the same wage budget we had last year" which to me reads as if it is no more than least season but it is up to last seasons budget ie it could be the same and it could be less. 

Is the wages thing beyond gossip at the rugby? May well be but not seen as such.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Derby are offering more money than us?How do you know this?Funny because they can only pay new players a max of £8k per week?

What you Think and what is fact are 2 different things.

On Nyambe, firstly no move to Wigan has been completed, secondly if going there it shows his demands ain't extortionate but at the same time, if he has the quality that is suggested then why is he going to a newly promoted club, suggests to me bigger clubs weren't interested enough to sign him 

I wish people would stop saying this. I don't give a fuck how much bigger clubs are interested, I and anyone with eyes and common sense wants him to stay here because we have seen him with our own eyes.

If he is struggling to get a good pay, I'd say it's at least a bit to do with his agent being dogshit. I dunno how he accepted the wanky terms we offered him previously, players who graduated at similar times and had similar roles in the squad seem to have been on far more. To me, that says his agent is crap at his job.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t,just summising it`s a likely scenario,there is no way wigan are paying more than we offered,imo he`s just ****** himself by banking on a move to a big club,it did`nt happen and now he`s potentially  playing for wigan🤣,a footballing backwater

I dont see why else he would go there, your scenario would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

5 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It's players choosing Wigan and Derby over us that is the problem.

We are not an attractive proposition to any player right now, and we have total buffoons above the manager who don't know their arse from their elbow. A terrible recipe which is only going to end one way.

I have no faith in any of those people fixing this mess. They aren't capable of it, no matter the bullshit fed to the press. We are screwed.

Il wait until the window is shut and I see who we have brought In before I start with talk that Wigan and Derby are more ambitious than us. 

Again I don't believe we put a contract offer to Hourihane and even if we did Derby can pay a max of 8k per week and Hourihane if he did have championship offers it says more about hus confidence of getting enough game time at this level rather than Derby's ambitions.

Again on Nyambe that depends, he can't be the fecking good if he has such reasonable wage demands but has chosen to go to Wigan.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I will. Might be tomorrow it happens but I will do report on what was said 

Best of luck this afternoon Chadster. You’ll probably be there now as I type this.

Give us a ‘Breaking News’ story at midnight. We’ll all tune in and send BRFCS trending into orbit.

Just type :-

(a) Yay, whooooohooo fucking whooo!!

For good news and…

(b) Bullllllllllshitttttttttt!!

For bad news, before providing FULL, SPECIFIC details as soon as you can.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I wish people would stop saying this. I don't give a fuck how much bigger clubs are interested, I and anyone with eyes and common sense wants him to stay here because we have seen him with our own eyes.

If he is struggling to get a good pay, I'd say it's at least a bit to do with his agent being dogshit. I dunno how he accepted the wanky terms we offered him previously, players who graduated at similar times and had similar roles in the squad seem to have been on far more. To me, that says his agent is crap at his job.

We have seen him with our own eyes, iv said I would have liked him to stay but at the same time him going to Wigan is no proof that they are more ambitious than us or that we can't compete with them financially 

I do think he is overrated on here though,yeah is good but like you say he has been on "wanky terms for years and yet the best move he can get is Wigan (if it goes through) he obviously isn't as highly rated within the game 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont see why else he would go there, your scenario would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

pride is`nt it,he won`t sign for us and no one else wants him,it`s either wigan or nothing,im`e very surprised  that he was`nt snapped up by one of the bigger clubs tbh,his career is now on the downslide

39 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

So many windows over the last decade have surely confirmed that we have no ambition, but to be a parody of Crewe Alexandra. Compare this to how we performed tin the 80's......Managed decline etc. 

A new book out shortly-" Venky's: Learning from their mistakes...

i've said this before and say it again. The owners has no ambition to get us to PL. They happy in keeping us in Championship but we won't go L1(if we do..we'll bounce back on first attempt). Even if we are in playoff position ..suddenly we'll have string of results keeping us middle table. We're just being used..

we will never know the truth till there's change of owners and they'll never sell cause all shananigans will be out. I'm hoping and praying i'm wrong

God bless

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I like Nyambe.I would have wanted to keep him.But if he does join Wigan it doesn't mean we can't compete financially with Wigan, it will mean we chose not too.As already stated we have a higher wage bill(which Broughton said was the same as last season) and we pay our higher earners more than they do.

JhRover posted that within the football community Wigan are seen as a better run club and a better option  than us.They haven't signed a senior player either yet and are just promoted from league 1 , last 2 months late with wages and have a squad made up of league one players.

You know these things how?

Last season they spent heavily in League One to get promoted. Of course neither of us have the figures needed one way or the other but what we do know is that our only senior RB, academy graduate, has elected to join them rather than remain with us.

I think most Rovers fans will be at least privately very concerned by this. I understand some will put their rose tinted glasses on and try to convince themselves otherwise but Wigan are getting a decent RB, Nyambe a financial package we weren't willing/able to offer and we are short 11 days before the  season. Can't get around those facts.

And bollocks to waiting until September for the window to close. Season starts Saturday week, points will be won and lost whether we are ready for it or not.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Heard whispers from a couple of places now that Venky’s have decided that enough is enough in terms of subsidising monthly losses, and the cheques won’t be coming.

The lack of transfer activity, sub par contract offers and shite ticket pricing do nothing to dispel my fears this may be true. A desperate, doomed to fail attempt to balance the books?

If this is true, they might as well just fuck off now.

i doubt jdt would be here if thats the case,unless he was brought here on false pretence,he`ll soon be off then if true

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You know these things how?

Last season they spent heavily in League One to get promoted. Of course neither of us have the figures needed one way or the other but what we do know is that our only senior RB, academy graduate, has elected to join them rather than remain with us.

I think most Rovers fans will be at least privately very concerned by this. I understand some will put their rose tinted glasses on and try to convince themselves otherwise but Wigan are getting a decent RB, Nyambe a financial package we weren't willing/able to offer and we are short 11 days before the  season. Can't get around those facts.

And bollocks to waiting until September for the window to close. Season starts Saturday week, points will be won and lost whether we are ready for it or not.

Did we not spend heavily to get promoted from league one?

Did we not spend a reasonable amount upon promotion back to this division?

Wigan haven't signed Nyambe.They haven't signed any senior player.If they do sign Nyambe then it's a good signing but it does not prove as fact that they are more ambitious than us. 

Same with Derby you made a statement that they are paying more money than us, those are your thoughts they certainly ain't facts when Derby can only pay a max of 8k per week

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Heard whispers from a couple of places now that Venky’s have decided that enough is enough in terms of subsidising monthly losses, and the cheques won’t be coming.

The lack of transfer activity, sub par contract offers and shite ticket pricing do nothing to dispel my fears this may be true. A desperate, doomed to fail attempt to balance the books?

Very much doubt that is correct.

If it was, why add another substantial wage to the pay roll in the form of a DOF?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Taking on an additional Director in Broughton would suggest nothing has changed in the funding front.

However the board, will continue to cut cost to stay in favour.

Id not say its unambitious owners, but more so an unambitious board, who would rather show that they are season upon season cutting losses.

I will ask this crucial question on Thursday,

In 6 years, what have you achieved as the CEO of Blackburn Rovers!!!

• Like 9

With the expectation that we will lose BB as well, this is turning out to be the worst transfer window I can ever recall. 

But it makes no sense. Why were JDT and DB brought in, signifying clear ambition and intent...if Venkys knew our finances/situation was facing a complete and total collapse? Would make a lot more sense just to throw Mowbray another year as we sink down rather than bothering with a new managerial system and staff.

14 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What we need is the owners to fuck off immediately. Put us into administration. Let us rebuild our club and fill the Stadium which Jack built. No Fucking Problem.

This all day every day, thrice on Sunday One Jack Walker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Same with Derby you made a statement that they are paying more money than us, those are your thoughts they certainly ain't facts when Derby can only pay a max of 8k per week

You reckon we are offering players £8k a week? I'd be very surprised. I think if we'd offered Nyambe that 12 months ago he'd still be here.

Venky cuts are on and JDT and Broughton are the fall guys who will be blamed when it goes pear shaped.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

But did they decide this BEFORE they got in a new manager and director...or after? Either way we are doomed, but...