BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

If Nyambe was as good as he thinks he is and clearly a lot of you think he is he’d have much better options than Wigan Athletic. His agent has been in his ear, telling him he’s going to get all these offers and it’s not happened. He’s trying save face by moving to another club because if he came crawling back here he’d look a right clown.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mark Hayhurst said:

Does anyone else think that our entire transfer budget rests on an offer for BBD?

Otgoings before incomings etc.

Who else is risk of being sold Kaminski/Travis/Dolan? potentially but less likely Buckley would be serious concerns?

We have never reinvested money before from player sales in venkys tenure, so i'm going to say no.

The thing GB & JDT needs to do to get a fairly healthy budget is to fly to India and tell venkys how great they are for a few days.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Hearing rumours that hierarchy within Rovers are not happy with transfer progress so far, money is available, but has to be within existing parameters, but as it stands struggling to get the quality within price and senior people within club very nervous about it..

It would be half believable if there were any senior people within the club with footballing knowledge.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Hearing rumours that hierarchy within Rovers are not happy with transfer progress so far, money is available, but has to be within existing parameters, but as it stands struggling to get the quality within price and senior people within club very nervous about it..

If two players willing to sign new deals leave on a free and you fail to sign anyone other than a PNE cast-off, then the parameters set are obviously too rigid. 

• Like 2

Really starting to worry now... 11 days until our opener against QPR and still there is pretty much nothing going on regarding incomings.

When Broughton and JDT came in we'd released a bunch of players already, and it seemed likely that Lenihan and Nyambe would be leaving (which they eventually did)... yet, my thinking was along the lines of "Oh well, just watch who JDT and GB bring through the door! It's gonna be signings galore around here... Scandi talent, decent frees and quality loans - we'll all soon forget about who we've lost!".

My mindset has changed drastically, to say the least. Praying we have a mental couple of weeks before the season starts, we simply aren't ready at this point.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If two players willing to sign new deals leave on a free and you fail to sign anyone other than a PNE cast-off, then the parameters set are obviously too rigid. 

Yep. Time these ‘parameters’ are given some creativity. We’re snookering ourselves every bloody transfer window. It’s so painful.

• Like 1

Nyambe comes across as a nice introverted lad (for a footballer).

Maybe he simply wants to stay in the house he's currently living in instead of moving to France or Middlesbrough, stay in the Championship getting regular football, whilst improving his wage 4x over, and to go to a team that values him... as Mowbray/Rovers clearly never did. Quite the opposite with some of the scapegoat BS Mowbray used to place on him (and Raya).

And also, I wouldn't be placing a wager on us finishing above Wigan. Anything above 20th will be a success this year for Rovers.

I wish Nyambe the best wherever he goes, why would you stay here?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The biggest reason for optimism in my mind is that whoever we bring in is being brought in because they play the system the manager wants. None of the “needing to learn the way we play” nonsense.

I would love that to be true, I really would - but if you’re arriving at the table when everyone else has eaten, you can only have what’s left.

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Nyambe comes across as a nice introverted lad (for a footballer).

Maybe he simply wants to stay in the house he's currently living in instead of moving to France or Middlesbrough, stay in the Championship getting regular football, whilst improving his wage 4x over, and to go to a team that values him... as Mowbray/Rovers clearly never did. Quite the opposite with some of the scapegoat BS Mowbray used to place on him (and Raya).

And also, I wouldn't be placing a wager on us finishing above Wigan. Anything above 20th will be a success this year for Rovers.

I wish Nyambe the best wherever he goes, why would you stay here?

Nonsense. I’d happily wager £50 that we finish above Wigan.

The hysteria on here is mental. 

Im coming from the view point that we are actually after quality players, which takes time (unless you have buckets of money.) Players prices drop towards the end of the window, more players become available. I’d rather hang tight then be snapping up bang average players because we have lost a few 1st teamers. 

We have enough in the squad currently to get some good results before the transfer window closes. 

Yes I’d love us to sign players early, have a full pre season, integrate them into the squad but it’s not viable when every penny counts. 

Relax, enjoy the sunshine 😘

• Like 7

Yeah I think with the deadline changing back to the end of August, after it had been brought forward to the first game of the season. People including myself are probably use to having most of our business done sooner. It doesn't help when you see clubs around you getting on with it too. 

Just out of interest, how many signings from other clubs are people genuinely impressed with? I've had a look through the signings and if you discard the parachute payment teams, there's very few I'd class as being even slightly happy with if we'd have signed them.

Just now, callumrovers said:

The current squad is good enough to get results in the opening fixtures. 

Would you rather we sign 3 average players now or wait and make sure we get quality? 

Why does it have to be either/or? I want us to have signed 6 quality players 3 weeks ago. We are too easy to accept a shit-show and just shrug our shoulders.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

The current squad is good enough to get results in the opening fixtures. 

Would you rather we sign 3 average players now or wait and make sure we get quality? 

And I also I admire your optimism. 

I agree the first 11 should do OK, but get an injury, which will 100% happen, and we will be up the proverbial creek.

Right-back in particular is a massive concern for me. Brown looked OK against Big Club but he is hugely unproven and if we start with JRC there we know how that ends...