BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

it gets more amusing...

I will always remember my time at Blackburn fondly and I appreciate the years of support from the fans there, but I’m sure Blackburn fans will understand why I jumped at the chance to join a club like Wigan Athletic

(Edit - looks like this quote isn't real) Jeeeeesus...has he lost his mind or is he trolling us? Wigan aren't half the club we are, even with our batshit owners.

I get the feeling something went seriously wrong for Nyambe at the club. Perhaps the thing about Venus bullying him was true...yes Venus is gone now (and Mowbray who often underused him) but the damage may have already been done and others could have been complicit, or at least pissed Nyambe off by not defending him. Or perhaps it's something else.

But it's pretty mind-boggling that not only is he going to Wigan, but on a one-year deal. He isn't being paid more there than we could and should afford, and I'm sure we'd have given more than a year too. We've either continued to very foolishly low-ball Ryan or he was never going to sign here unless he was desperate. I mean, even more desperate than he must be to take a pezzy 1-year deal from Wigan. I suppose he might fancy he can go somewhere better after if he has a good season, but still, risky move for him with no security.

Brittain may turn out to be a good replacement, of course (if we get it over the line), but we're now going to be 1.5 million down, assuming the wages are the same as we offered Ryan.

Gutted and fuming that we've lost a good academy product to Wigan on such a scrawny deal. This sort of shit needs to stop.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

Blackburn Rovers don't come out of the Nyambe situation well at all despite Waggots minions on here blaming it all on the player.

Nyambe doesn't come up smelling of roses either he's obviously a mercenary now controlled by others, he doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I know people are desperate for good news but...lad is a Barnsley player relegated to league one. And its not like he is 19 or 20 where you can expect potential for great improvement.

Far far cry from the door of international gems that we were hoping would be opened with the managerial appointments...

And the season before he played a big role when they finished top 6.

Him being relegated as a Barnsley player is irrelevant he is a good player

• Like 1

I do wonder if there's something in the timing here. Nyambe signing for Wigan on the same day it transpires we are close to signing Brittain. It could be coincidence but it could also mean something like there having been a possibility Nyambe stayed until we lined up Brittain. A breakdown of negotiations could have prompted that perhaps, or ourselves feeling Brittain was the better option and Nyambe not being willing to play understudy. I dunno. I believe in coincidences, I just don't trust them.

At least we're replacing him if the stories are true, and not from the bargain bin.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 21:57, roversfan99 said:

.I don't understand how you can possibly see us as not ill prepared. Maybe Waggott put something in your cup of tea!

I am sure we will sign players, my guess at this stage would be predominantly loans towards the end of the window. But the season starts in 12 days and we are massively weaker.

Well we have to agree to disagree on this. I think JDT has done exactly what he said he would be by assessing the current squad including the good young players we have. Now we need a few signings which hopefully over the days and weeks we get in.; Don't need more than 5 or 6 signings in my opinion but its a good squad if we make the right type of signing. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would not Jack Mariott be an better choice...scored 9 goals last season...

Actually always liked the flashes of Marriott that I saw before his Derby move, but he's an out and out striker so slightly different to Szmodics.   Didn't he score a very good goal against us last season?  If we're in the market for a striker I wouldn't actually be against him. 

7 hours ago, Ruaney said:

Chaddy has gone awfully quiet since yesterday.

I imagine he's sat at home with a bottle of Waggots koolaid in one hand, phone in the other pestering all the local journos on twitter whilst in his pants with an ITK tshirt on.

I have been busy with other normal things that we all experience. 

7 hours ago, briansol said:

Think it's pretty clear that Chaddy is our new recruitment chief. Him going quiet and making a move for Brittain the next day is easy math 🙂

nothing to do with me. 

6 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

image.thumb.png.ab02ddea447cb16f2475236b6bc15b13.png

Interesting

very interesting stats there. seems like upgrade on Nyambe

6 hours ago, goozburger said:

Or, as Sharpe stated, we were interested in him in a previous transfer window based on John Park's list and are just revisiting it. 🤭

exactly Gooz. Rovers recruitment team will know all about him already. Scouted him, looks at all the stats, etc

Let's get it over the line and if we do then we have upgrade already on that position. 

Genuinely one of the weirdest transfers I've come across. I get the feeling he must have a better move lined up in a years time, hence why he only wants a year at Wigan and didn't want 3 years at Rovers. Either way, if he doesn't want to be here then we shouldn't want him or waste time on him, the biggest disappointment is not getting a penny for him. His agent sounds like a complete tit and is taking risks with his career. Bollocks to him. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Blackburn Rovers don't come out of the Nyambe situation well at all despite Waggots minions on here blaming it all on the player.

Nyambe doesn't come up smelling of roses either he's obviously a mercenary now controlled by others, he doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

I think you can rule out mercenary more muppetry😅 maybe rovers are actually too good for him but the fact he gets a one year deal at Wigan actually says it all, if we accept both Boro and rovers are better options then his fall from grace epitomises his ambition and attitude! Just where he thinks it thought he was premier league in waiting is way beyond me😅 he has been kippered but his greedy and fuktard of an agent

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ultimately another day passes and still no signings. But even so there’s the faint sound of champagne corks popping because we might be linked with a bloke who got relegated last season with Barnsley.

I imagine you’re the life and soul of the party Matt?

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Callum Brittain is a player regularly endorsed on here, is that solely based on his performance when Barnsley lost at Ewood last winter? Or have people seen Barnsley a number of times to come to a more accurate conclusion? I only remember seeing him a handful of times and even at Ewood I don't think he particularly stood out.

I would be glad (long way to go) in terms of his age, signing a player on a potentially long contract and hopefully filling that position long term. I just hope we can get a right back in well in advance of QPR as the current options don't lead me to be optimistic.

In terms of the player, I have been looking into him a tiny bit with mixed reviews. Barnsley fans see him week in week out and in general don't seem gutted to lose him, see below:

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/brittain-to-blackburn.315364/

A big worry is the consistent assertion that he down tools last season when the chips were down, numerous questions and comments making out that he isn't a good man to be next to stood in the trenches.

The common assumption is that he is a really good attacking full back and has often played at wing back, he has 8 assists in 76 Championship games which is nothing remarkable, and like Nyambe at least at Championship level he has never scored. I also would doubt that he will have Nyambe's one on one defending ability so I just hope that overall he is an improvement considering that he will cost a fee.

That being said, putting character questions to one side, he did seemingly impress when Barnsley did well so maybe he needs a fresh start. 

Interesting that he seemingly is a name coming back from Mowbray's tenure. After a number of weeks for the new director of football since his appointment, isn't that a bit strange if true?

Based on 3 games over 2 seasons against us. Plus a number of games I've seen on TV. Always impress me and He was Barnsley stand out player along with Styles that game for them. Modern day full back/wing back. 

Lets hope Rovers get this over the line. Would be very good 1st signing

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Brittain would be a top signing if we can get it done. Him and Styles the standout players whenever I’ve seen them play,, and Brittain the most impressive of the lot. From what I’ve seen, far and away a better player than Nyambe - Get it done,, plus Styles and Cb and we’re cooking!!

Totally agree Paul. 

25 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Would Max Bird be the midfielder? Just a guess.

He would be very good signing and would add quality to this team

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Can we park Nyambe for now, (will come back to it in a few days)

Don't want to de-rail what could positive day and a possible signing, been nice to see a few pages of hope and the time for the inquest is not until we have all the facts.

Not really mate, no, and it's a strange thing to ask tbh. We'll discuss what we want to discuss, and losing Nyambe on a 1 year deal to Wigan is a bitter pill to swallow. We can't just ignore it until more information arrives, which may or may not happen. If you mean you're going to tell us what you've heard, great, but whatever you have to share isn't the extent of what we can discuss about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Don’t get me wrong I’ll celebrate with the best of them. Only when there’s something to celebrate. The possibility of maybe signing a bloke who got relegated with Barnsley and whom might be slightly better than nyambe isn’t enough to even crack a smile. 

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:
13 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ultimately another day passes and still no signings. But even so there’s the faint sound of champagne corks popping because we might be linked with a bloke who got relegated last season with Barnsley.

"who needs Jack Dee when we have matt83"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I remain amazed how many forum members think they know better than those who work in football, if Boro and Wilder are after him then clearly they think he is a quality player!

They were interested in Nyambe as well weren't they?

Who you seemingly don't rate so that rather defeats your argument.

As for Gallagher, £3m and I'd drive him up there myself. 

And pay for the fuel. Even at £2 per litre.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Who on earth are "Waggots minions " ? Why are you so determined to create divisions amongst Rovers fans ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tricky said:

it gets more amusing...

I will always remember my time at Blackburn fondly and I appreciate the years of support from the fans there, but I’m sure Blackburn fans will understand why I jumped at the chance to join a club like Wigan Athletic

Where is this quote from? I can't find it.