BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

@ChrisPriceBaldSpotconfirmed this a week ago...and he's the one getting stuff right. 

Bowler is a cracking player, another who plays off the right but is left footed. Not sure what that would mean for Marakanday and Hedges...but Bowler is better than both. 

Wasn't the claim last week that it was close to done? That doesn't seem to have been the case.

On 16/07/2022 at 14:51, AJW said:

A few years ago I did one of those walks with Jeff Stelling for prostate cancer , I did the walk from Blackburn to Blackpool got friendly with a couple of Blackpool Fans and one was a member of the Tangerine Knights .. anyway he just text me saying Blackpool have received a £3m offer for Josh Bowler from a championship club reckons it’s us he’s never shared any info like this before so don’t know how accurate it is but if it’s true he must be one from John Parks list , can’t imagine JDT would know so much about him 

@bluebruce this was the original post and and @ChrisPriceBaldSpotconfirmed it was us that had bid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wasn't the claim last week that it was close to done? That doesn't seem to have been the case.

Looking at things from yesterday, Brittain was close for 2 weeks, so it may well be the same case with Bowler.

It seems GB is being very careful how we spend the cash and getting the maximum out of the budget

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phili said:

Looking at things from yesterday, Brittain was close for 2 weeks, so it may well be the same case with Bowler.

It seems GB is being very careful how we spend the cash and getting the maximum out of the budget

Not necessarily close, but it was going on for a while at least, fair point.

Now that our window has seemingly kicked in. What's the dream ticket?

Brittain in

Styles, Brannagan, Bowler, Morton ,Szmodics, Berget, Veljko Birmančević all linked so far. 

Lacking on CB links at the moment - who's realistically available currently? See no reason why we shouldn't test Brighton's resolve with a bid for JPVH considering we've apparently bid £3m ish for Davies and Anel.

Edited by Ruaney

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Would be a class signing.

Seems to reckon it would take about £3m though, so can't see that happening.

The bottom line, IMO, is that Brereton HAS to be sold ASAP.  The only way we are going to be able to make quality additions who can come in and make an impact from day 1.

We need to be punching hard from next Saturday.  Momentum and confidence is everything in Championship.

2 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Now that our window has seemingly kicked in. What's the dream ticket?

Brittain in

Styles, Brannagan, Bowler, Morton ,Szmodics, Berget, Veljko Birmančević all linked so far. 

Lacking on CB links at the moment - who's realistically available at the moment? See no reason why we shouldn't test Brighton's resolve with a bid for JPVH considering we've apparently bid £3m ish for Davies and Anel.

Bowler would be a great addition at £3m, that’s for sure. Malmö won’t be selling cheap until their CL fate is decided. 

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The bottom line, IMO, is that Brereton HAS to be sold ASAP.  The only way we are going to be able to make quality additions who can come in and make an impact from day 1.

We need to be punching hard from next Saturday.  Momentum and confidence is everything in Championship.

@glen9mullan said the opposite in the Waggott thread. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree, though it will probably drag on but GB will have a sense of it’s likelihood a long time before the window shuts. 

Tbh slightly disappointing the Head of Recruitment has to wait until next month to arrive (which is vague...start of the month, end of the month?). We couldn't agree a compo package for a few weeks' wages? Would think the Welsh FA are in no rush with 'recruitment', meanwhile we are in the middle of a pivotal transfer window. It's already a bit late in the day to sort out our HoR, let alone it taking even longer. Then again, perhaps that's it - too late for him to have much impact so just let him start preparing for the next window. GB has Park's list, our database and whatever ideas of his own to go off.

And I'll be honest again, I'm not sure about his CV for the role. Sounds like he has basically spent his career with the Welsh FA, and recruitment for a national team is a very different animal to recruitment for a club side. Then again I had the same reservation about us being Mark Hughes' first club team managed, and that turned out ok. Just think we have a few too many of the new management team trying their hand at something for the first time. DoF has no experience of being one. Manager has a couple of jobs under his belt but hasn't managed in England. Now a Head of Recruitment that hasn't recruited for clubs before (far as I know) and is joining very late. You can certainly get away with some inexperience if you have the quality, but for all three to be new to this in one sense or another is a slight concern for me. Hopefully it proves a non-issue.